Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages <1234>
Gaz Akagi Options
arpurchase
#41 Posted : 11 March 2013 20:51:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Hi Gaz
I have just received the 1st set on deck components so you will see how it looks shortly
regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gaz
#42 Posted : 11 March 2013 23:23:55

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Andy. I look forward with great interest to see your results. Will be awesome I'm sure.
regards.
Gareth.

Completed models,Hachette Titanic.Deags. Hms Victory. Hachette Hems Hood.Ongoing builds. Deags Akagi,Deags Sovereign of the Seas,Deags Spitfire,On my wish list.Yamato.Royal Navy world war 2 aircraft carrier.
Yutaro HONMA
#43 Posted : 12 March 2013 04:35:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Gaz!
Your Akagi's hull seems to be strongly built. I think any cracks will not appear on this hull. I'm waiting for next pics here.
Best Regards,
Yutaro
DeAGOSTINI 1/250 the YAMATO, 1/250 the AKAGI.
Hasegawa Co. 1/350 Battle ship NGATO, 1/350 Aircraft carrier Akagi, Battle ship MIKASA.
Water line series 1/700 Battle ship YAMATO, HIEI, YAMASHIRO, Aircraft carrier HIRYU,TAIHO, Heavy Cruiser Myoukou, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro & others.
Gaz
#44 Posted : 12 March 2013 15:19:35

Thanks Yutaro for looking in and for your comments much appreciated.
Gareth
Completed models,Hachette Titanic.Deags. Hms Victory. Hachette Hems Hood.Ongoing builds. Deags Akagi,Deags Sovereign of the Seas,Deags Spitfire,On my wish list.Yamato.Royal Navy world war 2 aircraft carrier.
Gandale
#45 Posted : 12 March 2013 23:23:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Impressive Gaz.... like the idea of the epoxy resin,,,, that will give strength to the hull..... keep posting and well done...

Regards

Alan
jase
#46 Posted : 13 March 2013 01:10:44

Coming along nicely - really like the life boat stunning job Cool
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Gaz
#47 Posted : 13 March 2013 19:15:37

Hi Alan thanks for your comments. Using Epoxy wasn't my idea it was in the build instructions and I also followed Andy,s (ARPurchase) build for guidance and type of Epoxy to use. But your correct it does add real stength to the hull so well worth doing.
Regards.
Gareth
Gaz
#48 Posted : 13 March 2013 19:16:37

Hi Jase thanks for your encouragement.
Regards.
Gareth
Gaz
#49 Posted : 13 March 2013 20:12:09

Hi gang just a quick update of where I am now. I have now completed month 7 and marked and cut the lower hull as instructed.

Then cut and shaped the triangular pieces at the stern keel as per instructions. All pretty straight forward.

Finally the metal bits for this month a ships boat.

I have received this months issue 8. Not so much to do this month as I won't be priming the hull or fixing proppelers or bilges keels as instructed until the hull is finished. Still gives me time to spend a bit more time sanding the hullBigGrin .
Regards.
Gareth
arpurchase
#50 Posted : 13 March 2013 21:42:22

BigGrin Hi Gaz
nice work there , as for sanding be carefull not to take too much off around the bow and stern where the armour plate's will be fitted
regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gaz
#51 Posted : 14 March 2013 19:05:46

Hi AndyBigGrin.
Thanks for the heads up on the sanding. I think now I have reached one of those times where I question the order of parts that are despatched as I think it would of been better to receive armour plating before propellers but no problem really.
Regards.
Gareth.

P.S Thanks for the PM very helpful.
arpurchase
#52 Posted : 14 March 2013 21:04:25

BigGrin Hi Gaz
Np at all with the armour belts there supplied as 2/3 mm thick ply that need the edges chamfering off and cut to get the shape right ,its just that a flat and a bend don't go together too well if these part's are rushed at fitting. And yes the parts dispatch and order is seriously mixed up throughout the build, in my opinion a better sequence could have been chosen
regards
AndyCool

Yutaro HONMA
#53 Posted : 18 March 2013 01:38:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Gaz!
I think you will have to fight against the powder from the hull sanding. Dust masks will be needed. Be careful to use it for your health.
Best Regards,
Yutaro
DeAGOSTINI 1/250 the YAMATO, 1/250 the AKAGI.
Hasegawa Co. 1/350 Battle ship NGATO, 1/350 Aircraft carrier Akagi, Battle ship MIKASA.
Water line series 1/700 Battle ship YAMATO, HIEI, YAMASHIRO, Aircraft carrier HIRYU,TAIHO, Heavy Cruiser Myoukou, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro & others.
Gandale
#54 Posted : 18 March 2013 21:45:50

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Nice work there Gaz, keep up the good work....

Regards

Alan
Gaz
#55 Posted : 20 March 2013 23:25:09

Hi Yutaro Thanks for looking in. Good advice regarding dust not something I had thought of thanks for that though after reading Andy's reply I al holding off from sanding till next month when I get the armour plates.
Regards.
Gareth
Gaz
#56 Posted : 20 March 2013 23:26:18

Hi Alan. Thanks for looking in and for your comments.
Regards.
Gareth
Gaz
#57 Posted : 30 April 2013 17:22:52

Hi GuysBigGrin .
Quick update of where I am at now. Firstly I wish publicly on here to thank customer services. When I received despatch 3 back in October one of the anti aircraft guns was missing. I emailed them with no luck so other day I phoned them and the very next day Mr. Postman knocked on my door with a package for me to sign of the complete issue. So again thank you Customer service I am much very happy.

Moving on I didn't do much last month as I stated I was waiting for the armour belts to come in this months despatch. Still I fitted the final rear deck piece.

I also built the stand. Played around with different colours instruction advice gold uprights which I didn't like. In the end I stained the base walnut and painted the uprights Bronze.

Moving now to this months. I received the armour belts which after careful measuring and sanding I attached. I glued the bow deck and frames and then began filling and sanding the hull. Still a lot more to do to get it right yet but this is where it is at the moment

While waiting for filler to dry and to rest arm from sanding I began to make the hanger. I glued frames together and am now waiting for the glue to dry before I continue

This is where I am at now will update when made further progress. Thanks for looking.
Gareth
arpurchase
#58 Posted : 30 April 2013 19:23:41

BigGrin Hi Gareth
Nice progress on the hull the armour belts certainly make her look more like a warship of the period, your approaching the fitting of the hangar sides soon so some thought may be needed here to get them to fit correctly
regards
AndyCool

Gaz
#59 Posted : 30 April 2013 21:21:18

Hi AndyBigGrin
Thanks for looking in and your comments. Your right I know from now on it begins to get challengingBlink
Regards.
Gareth
Gandale
#60 Posted : 30 April 2013 22:02:59

Nice work Gaz, am following your build with interest.....BigGrin BigGrin

Regards

Alan