Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

How many issues to cover the keel ???? Options
john burgess
#1 Posted : 13 May 2010 07:22:11

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Does anybody know how many issues there are to cover the complete keel cos i would like to get started and i guess many others also, perhaps admin may know.
If you dont suceed at first go to the pub
Mald
#2 Posted : 13 May 2010 10:05:37

From what i gather John we will have the complete Keel and some of the Planking by issue 24 , Then we are getting the working stand .
john burgess
#3 Posted : 13 May 2010 10:19:10

Gosh thats a hell a lot of issues and months down the line, dont want to wait that long i guess ill build the launch and cannons or maybe try and find something else to build while i am waiting, anyway cheers for that mald i will have to re structure my diary John
ronnie read
#4 Posted : 13 May 2010 11:13:33

could admin confirm that the keel will take 24 issuse's please Confused Confused Confused Mellow
john burgess
#5 Posted : 13 May 2010 11:34:42

Hi Ron,
Are you waiting to start the build when you have all the keel parts also.
ronnie read
#6 Posted : 13 May 2010 18:25:25

LOL Laugh BigGrin hi john burgess LOL Laugh LOL
yes i was thinking about it but if the keel is not complete for 24 issuse's i think i may make a start how about you
john burgess
#7 Posted : 13 May 2010 19:57:14

HI Ron, yeah must say i am quite disappointed was expecting all keel parts first because surely you build the boat from the bottom upwards, well how wrong could i be only about the middle of september he he lol i went out today and got a few more items i need and been scanning ebay for a few things there, will need to order some paint though and buy some wood for my base jig all i can do after that is do the cannons and the anchor and the launch how about you.
jonny5j
#8 Posted : 14 May 2010 00:12:58

Hi all we need all the keel parts asap not by issue 24 other then build the cannons ect the main part of the model cannot be started without the complete keel
jonny5j
HMS VICTORY
HMS SURPRISE
ASTON DB5
MCLAREN MP4-23
Tarbrush
#9 Posted : 14 May 2010 01:38:50

I agree. At this rate I am beginning to wish I had persuaded the bank manager to let me buy the complete kitAngry It's going to cost a lot more than I bargined for for the in between buildsCursing Beagle will be finished before the keel of Victory is even laid.Confused It looks like we shall have the b****y jolly boat done before that as well. Got issues 5 & 6 yesterday. It took about an hour to put all those parts together.LOL
ronnie read
#10 Posted : 14 May 2010 14:56:58

LOL BigGrin LOL hi john burgessLOL BigGrin LOL
i have not started any part as yet but think i am going to get started
and my wife is starting with the i told you it would take ages she says they do it like that to make sure we keep payin

what as admin got to say about the number of issuses it will take ?????????
Collingwood
#11 Posted : 14 May 2010 16:01:31

Groups: Registered, registriert

Hi All,

The construction of "H.M.S. Victory" was started in 1759 and was completed about 6 years later. To the best of my knowledge the men that built her were independent of a weekly magazine. I am all for making models (wood/plastic even paper) but I wish you would all lighten up. If there are 200 issues/parts to complete the model does it really matter? The fact is you are making something and you are getting enjoyment doing it. If it is a "money" thing then you shouldn't of started.

Simon

P.S. - I think there are 1,800 weekly magazines and if all else fails I could have a "Viking" furnenal - at least I will have the wood!

Simon
MadDogMcQ
#12 Posted : 14 May 2010 16:27:03

If all the keel parts aren't planned to be with us until Issue 24, then that's all there is to it! They're hardly likely to change it now. The magazines will all be designed and written and the production of the parts will be scheduled.

As for your statement Simon, I don't think people are being unreasonable in hoping to get the foundation parts in the first few magazines. It would have made perfect sense.

Tom.
Quentin Tarantino - Hallowed Be Thy Name!
john burgess
#13 Posted : 14 May 2010 17:46:45

I agree tom at least i was hoping to build from the base upwards, its not a money thing and yes there will be prob a lot to build in between which i will enjoy doing even though this is my first wood model.

Reguards John
ronnie read
#14 Posted : 15 May 2010 14:16:58

LOL hi everyoneLOL
i dont care how long it take to complete the keel. i just wanted to know how long it will be. so if i do make a start on the other builds like cannon i know i will have time to complete them before i recieve the complete keel. as this is my very first wooden build so want to take it nice and slowly lol.
john burgess
#15 Posted : 15 May 2010 16:19:33

Well cant disagree with that Ronnie my first time also, but hay have a go and take your time, happy to be doin this build, makes you want to kick some french and spannish arse he he lol wooooooops only joking.
MWG
#16 Posted : 15 May 2010 21:32:14

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi all,I am very happy with the length of time it is taking,I am studying the project, based on all the information you guys are giving in the forum, your build pictures and tips together with links to other web sites is fantastic!! plus you will be pleased with the time scale when you start planking, thanks for sharing all with usBigGrin BigGrin Cheers MWG
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.