Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
USS Enterprise.....Polar Lights 1/350 Options
Warthog
#1 Posted : 23 December 2012 13:54:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

Well considering we do not have a section for SciFi and in some ways it is a Ship (unless anyone can tell me otherwise?) I thought I would post this here until its moved Confused

I have had this in the Loft for about 2 years and always thought that I would build it when I had the room due to it's size!! (it's only 1/350th) Yes thats big BigGrin So due to not having the room I'm going to build it anyway lol.. I'll do a build diary starting next year so pop back if your interested in SciFi or StarTreK BigGrin
Warthog attached the following image(s):
P1018058.jpg
Tomick
#2 Posted : 23 December 2012 20:44:36

Groups:

Do you plan to light it?
Plymouth57
#3 Posted : 23 December 2012 23:35:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

That's a good kit. I would love to see a sci-fi section on the forum, most of my favourite kits from years ago were all sci-fi subjects, I've still got my Buck Rogers Marauder kit which I super-detailed with an open cockpit and removed body panels etc. (Needs a really good dust I'm afraid but still looks good under it's 'protective' layer!
Somewhere I've got another Klingon D7 and a small group of the excellent S.F.3.D. robot suits to make. I saw some of them on ebay recently, don't know whether to make them or store them in a bank vault! What a price!Blink

Best of Luck

Robin
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
SennaMentalMe
#4 Posted : 24 December 2012 12:49:19

Groups:

That'll be an interesting build Spencer, something different!! It would be nice if it was built with lighting, as Tom enquired and I know there is a dedicated lighting set available for this kit, though I think it might be a case of having it sent over from the States if you want one!!

Kev BigGrin
Warthog
#5 Posted : 26 December 2012 15:23:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Tomick wrote:
Do you plan to light it?

I had'nt until you mentioned it!!! LOL be a shame not too I guess Tom
Ger C
#6 Posted : 26 December 2012 15:35:30

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Wow that's something different,

Looking forward to see how she turns out
worf360
#7 Posted : 17 January 2013 00:29:16

Hi
I have one of these kits in the workshop 1/350 Enterprise
also have the lighting kit which i bought from the US still need to buy
two sets of Photoetch sheets also from the US soldering knowledge
required for lighting kit also need a transformer for power to the lights
I have not the time to build this at this at present so i am looking forward to your build there are some excellent build diaries on youtube
google 1/350 enterprise
Make it so
Paul

Maclaren complete but not started
HMS Hood in progress
Tiger Tank in progress
Victory in progress
Endeavour in progress

Tomick
#8 Posted : 17 January 2013 14:14:38

Groups:

Ahh the return of Spity360..
worf360
#9 Posted : 18 January 2013 00:47:51

no reason to come back now that the victory and the mclaren
issues have finished
Goodbye
court orchard
#10 Posted : 26 January 2013 12:02:50

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Warthog
#11 Posted : 10 June 2013 19:48:51

Thought I would relight this thread as to why it's been put on hold.

I have been gaining aftermarket decals, LED's etc as I did not wan't to just build this "out of box" Hopefully the full decal set will arrive shortly from the US and the LED's etc have been posted so should recieve them soon too.. I did not go for the expensive lighting kit but more of smaller flashing (variable speeds) and colour LED's running from 9v Batteries... a custom made display base with switches will need to be made too.

I'm also hoping there will be enough LED's left over for the JJPrise in 1/500 to do at a later date and if all goes well then there's the Revell "Millenium Falcon" and "Slave 1" to do... oh and the "Enterprise "D" (original AMT) and the re-release "StarTrek "Voyager"

Just want to thank FifthAce for his LED ship builds and passing on the "Bug" so to speak LOL seen what you've started?????? Glare Glare LOL LOL

Spence
SennaMentalMe
#12 Posted : 10 June 2013 21:16:43

Groups:

Looking forward to the build Spencer, I'm not a trekky or sci-fi fan as such but this will so interesting simply because it is a change from the norm and the lighting should really take it to the next level?

Well done mate, can't wait to see your work!! CoolThumpUp

Kev Smile

Warthog
#13 Posted : 11 June 2013 18:17:21

I think thats where I got them from Dom but on Ebay.... 7.99 each set and got 4 different sets...

The Decals are the full Aztec with 3 different engineering colours (grey,Green and blue) 5 massive sheets waiting to arrive BigGrin

Spence
Warthog
#14 Posted : 11 June 2013 22:17:55

I know the feeling mate!!LOL
Warthog
#15 Posted : 12 June 2013 21:18:28

LED's turned up today BigGrin just need to learn electronics now!!Blink
Warthog
#16 Posted : 17 June 2013 19:11:40

Cheers for the Info Dom and yes it will come in very handy indeed... I've managed to get hold of a few items for me to play with and test my soldering abilities etc so hopefully all will work when done.. I have also got hold of these but the guy is replacing the Red etc LED's with blue ones for the "Into Darkness" Enterprise..HERE

Pic below is some of the collection of LED's so far...
Warthog attached the following image(s):
Img_2043.jpg
Warthog
#17 Posted : 19 June 2013 20:23:49

The full set of Aztec Decals arrived today but have to collect from post office tomorrow as I have to pay £9 import duty but still well worth the money..

Spent a fortune at Maplin today too!! buying extra led's, Circuit boards and a 555 Astable Switch kit that generates pulses at regular intervals from .5 seconds to over 5 seconds... so that will do the navigation lights.

3v-12 power supply
Temperature controlled solder station, Solder, Wire (red and white)
Dual Strobeoscope kit and 2ft of LED tape

Come to think of it, it might have been cheaper to get the lighting kit for $300 but there's no fun in that is there????BigGrin BigGrin
arpurchase
#18 Posted : 19 June 2013 22:14:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin True about the easy way out buying the lighting kit
+ the import duty but how much fun did you have at maplins getting all you did get , I think maplins would win every timeBigGrin Cool BigGrin
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

aescleahs
#19 Posted : 20 June 2013 17:51:19

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I love my little arduino :) programmable control for the LED's
Warthog
#20 Posted : 20 June 2013 20:19:44

As the saying goes... "A pig in ****" past few days... maplins I could have spent all day there lol and picked up my parcel from the US this morning..5 massive sheets of decals.. pics soon