Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

13 Pages <12345>»
Delboy271155 Sots Options
claret
#41 Posted : 15 March 2013 14:37:22

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

hi Derek,

Planking looking good.

I have pre-drilled my planks, tapped the pins in before gluing and offering unto the hull.

The pins have been tapped in once held in position with a small hammer, although I have been told of a few times for the constant tapping in the evening. I will upset the neighboursAngry

Don't seem to mind their dog barking at 7am when they go out.... anyway of my soapboxLOL LOL

Regards
Claret
Also working on:
SOTS.
Moebius 1/32 Flying Sub with PE & lights.

Waiting in the wings:
Polarlights Spindrift from Land of the Giants.

finished:
007 Iconic DB5.
petpole
#42 Posted : 15 March 2013 15:55:10

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hope you backs ok delboy I know how you feel been off work for a week myself I suffer with sciatica and arthritis in the neck so I have to do things in little doses that's why my builds take so long, but hay ho I keep on building hope you do to great build so far keep it going.

Drool Drool Drool
Builds in progress: HMS Victory.HMS Surprise.
Completed builds: Revell London Bus 1/24.
Builds to do:Sovereign of the seas, Hms Albion.
delboy271155
#43 Posted : 15 March 2013 19:13:48

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

petpole wrote:
Hope you backs ok delboy I know how you feel been off work for a week myself I suffer with sciatica and arthritis in the neck so I have to do things in little doses that's why my builds take so long, but hay ho I keep on building hope you do to great build so far keep it going.

Drool Drool Drool

Cheers Petpole,
Doc`s increased the pain killers and signed me off for another week, hey-ho,but the build`s ok, just dry fitting stern hull planks at the moment to get a good fit to the bottom of the transom.
Thanks for looking in and hope your build is going well.

regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

delboy271155
#44 Posted : 15 March 2013 19:20:41

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

claret wrote:
hi Derek,

Planking looking good.

I have pre-drilled my planks, tapped the pins in before gluing and offering unto the hull.

The pins have been tapped in once held in position with a small hammer, although I have been told of a few times for the constant tapping in the evening. I will upset the neighboursAngry

Don't seem to mind their dog barking at 7am when they go out.... anyway of my soapboxLOL LOL

Regards
Claret

Cheers Claret,
Thanks for looking in, pre-drilling and pinning is working well for me,as for the tapping you need a second hammer, small for your pins and a bigger one for the neighbors, don`t go with cruelty to animals, hence hit the owners.LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Martyn Ingram
#45 Posted : 15 March 2013 19:40:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Get on your soapbox and keep tappingHuh .Blow the neighboursLOL LOL LOL
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
Gandale
#46 Posted : 15 March 2013 22:26:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Derek, hope the back is on the mend and you can still continue with your build..... without the spasms and mishaps....

Regards

Alan
delboy271155
#47 Posted : 30 March 2013 10:28:42

Hi All,
Just a short update on the ever lovable planking. My next delivery 26-29 should see an end to the first session of the planks LOL LOL.

I will just post the pics as I don`t think any script is needed at this stage.

Just one comment here: some of the plank ends not good but should be easily cured later.

Well that`s it for now, waiting for next delivery and going on me hols soon so will update at a later stage.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
IMG_0244_zpsad70c71a.jpg
IMG_0235_zpsafd006b1.jpg
IMG_0248_zps7fc07e65.jpg
IMG_0247_zps2b95023f.jpg

Gandale
#48 Posted : 30 March 2013 13:04:13

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Derek, coming along nicely. You are almost there and you always have your other builds to give you a break from the planking... I must be ill or something as planking is part of the build I have really enjoyed..Blink Blink .. Keep up the good work.....BigGrin

Regards

Alan
delboy271155
#49 Posted : 30 March 2013 13:24:03

Gandale wrote:
Derek, coming along nicely. You are almost there and you always have your other builds to give you a break from the planking... I must be ill or something as planking is part of the build I have really enjoyed..Blink Blink .. Keep up the good work.....BigGrin

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan,
Everyone has their funny habits, yours must be planking.
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Thanks for looking in.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

delboy271155
#50 Posted : 22 April 2013 16:43:39

Hi All,BigGrin BigGrin
Well holiday over and back at workCrying Crying Crying . So here is a bit of an update as I have now reached the end of issue 25. I have taken a string of pics around my build,as it stands at the moment:-

So there we go. Any comments and/or advice would be gratefully received.

Next job is to close the gap at long last LOL LOL LOL

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
IMG_0334_zps2555f0ac.jpg
IMG_0335_zpsea5fb2e3.jpg
IMG_0336_zps35d3dc38.jpg
IMG_0337_zps7f269ed4.jpg
IMG_0338_zps2d34d360.jpg
IMG_0339_zpsc591fbd6.jpg
IMG_0340_zps905877a9.jpg

Martyn Ingram
#51 Posted : 22 April 2013 18:45:27

BigGrin Looking good delboyThumpUp Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
MWG
#52 Posted : 22 April 2013 19:30:48

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Derek, You are getting thereBigGrin Kind regards Mike
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

delboy271155
#53 Posted : 22 April 2013 20:29:10

Martyn Ingram wrote:
BigGrin Looking good delboyThumpUp Rgd Martyn

Cheers Martyn BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

delboy271155
#54 Posted : 22 April 2013 20:32:33

MWG wrote:
Hi Derek, You are getting thereBigGrin Kind regards Mike

Cheers Mike, BigGrin
Thanks for looking in, only got the Victory and Elbe(See Ewer)planking to look forward too and second layer of the SOTS.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL Crying Crying Crying Crying

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Gandale
#55 Posted : 22 April 2013 21:31:46

Hi Derek, nice to see you back on your builds, hope you had a wonderful holiday.... You practicing to be a mathemetician using the side of your hull as a scribbling pad.. LOL LOL .. Progressing nicely so keep up the good work..... BigGrin BigGrin

Regards

Alan
delboy271155
#56 Posted : 22 April 2013 21:37:44

Gandale wrote:
Hi Derek, nice to see you back on your builds, hope you had a wonderful holiday.... You practicing to be a mathemetician using the side of your hull as a scribbling pad.. LOL LOL .. Progressing nicely so keep up the good work..... BigGrin BigGrin

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan,BigGrin
Thanks for looking in, Yep holiday was greatCool ,as for the mathematicsLOL LOL, I cut several planks at the same time and added the notation to get them in the right place, with the right orientation. Forgot they were there DOH Blushing . Will vanish with the sanding when that job arrives.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Gandale
#57 Posted : 08 May 2013 21:43:20

Derek, have just updated my post to you on my diary which gives a correction to the instructions I gave.... My senior momemnt I'm afraid..LOL LOL Blushing Blushing LOL LOL

Regards

Alan
delboy271155
#58 Posted : 15 May 2013 19:47:26

Hi All,BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

This is my latest update and takes me to the end of planking the lower hull with bamboo.

I don`t think there are any major prob`s, but any comments and or advise will be gratefully accepted.

So now have to start upper planking, get my Victory build into the keel jig and get some planks for the "ELBE".

What do I do after tomorrow, LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
IMG_0373_zps31e80e51.jpg
IMG_0374_zps02b62a5b.jpg
IMG_0375_zps0373b756.jpg
IMG_0376_zpsc5998626.jpg

petpole
#59 Posted : 15 May 2013 19:59:17

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking really nice there Derek. You got enough to be going on with then LOL LOL LOL LOL .
Keep up the good work.

Peter

BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
Builds in progress: HMS Victory.HMS Surprise.
Completed builds: Revell London Bus 1/24.
Builds to do:Sovereign of the seas, Hms Albion.
Martyn Ingram
#60 Posted : 15 May 2013 20:11:39

BigGrin Nice work Derek BigGrin Of to specsaver's you go LOL LOL Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?