Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Figure Head Options
riff-raff
#1 Posted : 23 January 2013 20:15:37

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

I have just received my figure head (I use the term loosely). Does anyone know if you can buy a better version? The one supplied is awful!!!

You'd have thought that the die cast would have been a lot better on a model of this scale. Very disappointed indeed.

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Built:
Golden Star, English Brig. RMS Titanic. (Academy 1/400 Centenary Anniversary Edition) Revell-Monogram 1/48 B-29 Superfortress 1:8 Baron von Richthofen's Fokker Tri-plane. HMS Victory. Nelsons Flag Ship. Sultan Arab Dhow. Artesania Latina Carmen II. The Battleship Yamato. Model Airways Wright Flyer 1:16 Scale. Trumpeter Bismarck 1/200. HMS Sovereign of the Seas. The Black Pearl.

Building:HMS Surprisel. Hatchette U96. Soleil Royal.
petpole
#2 Posted : 23 January 2013 21:05:43

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Sorry riff-raff but i could not find one, so i have made my own and so has a number of other builders on here much better than mine.
Have a look at other builds they might have more of an idea as to make one.
Good luck.

Builds in progress: HMS Victory.HMS Surprise.
Completed builds: Revell London Bus 1/24.
Builds to do:Sovereign of the seas, Hms Albion.
moriarty
#3 Posted : 23 January 2013 21:20:03

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I totaly agree about this figurehead. It is rubbish to put it mildly. I have got someone trying to make something better for me but it is taking time. If it comes out better than the supplied (couldnt possibly be worse)I will keep you informed. Doesnt even look like the one in the plans!Cursing
HMS Surprise
HMS Snake
HMS Bounty
HMS Royal Caroline
HMS Victory rebuild
HMS Supply
riff-raff
#4 Posted : 24 January 2013 13:17:52

Thanks Guys - the one supplied spoils the overall look of the ship.

I have thought about buying some plastic roman soldiers and seeing if I can chop and change to get a better effect
You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Built:
Golden Star, English Brig. RMS Titanic. (Academy 1/400 Centenary Anniversary Edition) Revell-Monogram 1/48 B-29 Superfortress 1:8 Baron von Richthofen's Fokker Tri-plane. HMS Victory. Nelsons Flag Ship. Sultan Arab Dhow. Artesania Latina Carmen II. The Battleship Yamato. Model Airways Wright Flyer 1:16 Scale. Trumpeter Bismarck 1/200. HMS Sovereign of the Seas. The Black Pearl.

riff-raff
#5 Posted : 29 March 2013 16:28:41

Built:

jase
#6 Posted : 29 March 2013 16:31:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Is that the kit figurehead it looks pritty good to me
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
riff-raff
#7 Posted : 29 March 2013 16:33:51

Original Figurehead

This was a fairy bought from Ron Ramsdens for £4.50. I removed her hair, wings and skirt. Cut off her left arm and rotated it. Made the helmet, dress and shield from miliput. Repainted her whole clothes white and shoes. The sword was supplied with the original figurehead. Not perfect but a damn site better than the original.

Built:

jase
#8 Posted : 29 March 2013 17:05:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Now I have seen the original I can only agreeCool
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
petpole
#9 Posted : 29 March 2013 21:54:13

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Just thought I would put mine up to show you, it's not as good as yours but I made mine from a wire frame and green stuff, still not sure if I will use it or try making another one.
Haven't fitted the shield yet so I know it's missing LOL .

Yours looks great though riff-raff

Drool Drool Drool
Builds in progress: HMS Victory.HMS Surprise.
Completed builds: Revell London Bus 1/24.
Builds to do:Sovereign of the seas, Hms Albion.
Matelot one
#10 Posted : 27 July 2013 12:23:14

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

This is one that I carved, it is based on HMS Cleopatra figurehead which is in Portsmouth dockyard. I still need so sort out the back to make it fit, but I am not even up to that bit yet!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Built Mare Nostrum
Google Photo Album
Matelot (ˈmætləʊ) , Matlo or Matlow
noun
(Nautical Terms) slang chiefly Brit - a sailor

jase
#11 Posted : 27 July 2013 14:39:25

Looks good matey, certainly a problem the figure head, I really want to do this kit but to be honest I would want o find a solution the the figurehead first.

What scale is the ship?
-Mark Twain