Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages «<2345>
launch build Options
Tomick
#61 Posted : 24 June 2010 15:39:35

Groups:

Why not ask me? LOL

You'll find that in issue 12 the steps tell you to angle both davit braces upwards slighty to meet with the first stern thwart, and from the photos I've seen both corner braces are not flush with the tops of the hull but set slightly below.

Hoover
#62 Posted : 24 June 2010 16:14:56

Groups:

Try these Launch plans for size from the Panart 1/16 kit which also show's one of its uses, enjoy!
Hoover attached the following image(s):
Panart Launch 1.JPG
Panart launch 2.JPG
Panart Launch 3.JPG
Panart Launch 4.JPG
MWG
#63 Posted : 25 June 2010 10:09:09

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi Guys
Fantastic debate I have found your advice and comments very very helpful.

ZepBigGrin thanks for asking the questions, Mr Turpin Blushing lots of good knowledge there, Tomick Flapper enjoying your build, Stedders Drool for lots of scratch build ideas

as a result of all your input, I have built my Launch with an half round rubbing strake (put on just below the rowlocks ) using 1 sixteenth balsa strip,paint scheme ochre inside and outside on the rowlocks,black rubbing strake, white hull and the internal dark varnish instead of white.

Thank you gentlemen for pointing me in the right direction.
Cheers
MWG
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

CaptnBirdseye
#64 Posted : 25 June 2010 12:24:53

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

MWG wrote:
Hi Guys
Fantastic debate I have found your advice and comments very very helpful.

ZepBigGrin thanks for asking the questions, Mr Turpin Blushing lots of good knowledge there, Tomick Flapper enjoying your build, Stedders Drool for lots of scratch build ideas

as a result of all your input, I have built my Launch with an half round rubbing strake (put on just below the rowlocks ) using 1 sixteenth balsa strip,paint scheme ochre inside and outside on the rowlocks,black rubbing strake, white hull and the internal dark varnish instead of white.

Thank you gentlemen for pointing me in the right direction.
Cheers
MWG

Drool Drool Drool PICCIES...PICCIES...NEED PICCIES....
MWG
#65 Posted : 25 June 2010 23:10:57

Hi Birdseye
I want to post pictures but guess what!! I do not know how to do it, I have some pictures on my mobile phone.
What can I do?
Cheers
MWG
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

andylangtree
#66 Posted : 25 June 2010 23:46:21

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

If your phone has bluetooth transfer to your pc and upload to a site like photobucket or click the box that says `Add Attachment` and browse to were you have saved files on your pc. Hope this helps
MWG
#67 Posted : 26 June 2010 11:28:17

Thanks Andy for your help
MWG

budgie
#68 Posted : 01 July 2010 09:23:28

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hoover wrote:
Try these Launch plans for size from the Panart 1/16 kit which also show's one of its uses, enjoy!

thanks for plan very useful
Zeptrader
#69 Posted : 01 July 2010 20:46:00

Groups:

budgie
#70 Posted : 01 July 2010 21:01:27

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

BigGrin nice find colin take it thats victory launch
Crying Crying luvely coloursCrying Crying
magpie1832
#71 Posted : 01 July 2010 21:08:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Just gone through all pics colin and WowDrool what a find.... Are you putting them on your index of topics for easy finding.
I don't think its the launch Budgie, I thinks it may be the cutter or the captains ship.
The launch is on the dock side.

There is alot of rigging..
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Zeptrader
#72 Posted : 01 July 2010 21:24:34

Groups:

Sorry I got carried away...

I will catch up with the index page, sorry for the delay.
budgie
#73 Posted : 01 July 2010 21:28:21

magpie1832 wrote:
Just gone through all pics colin and WowDrool what a find.... Are you putting them on your index of topics for easy finding.
I don't think its the launch Budgie, I thinks it may be the cutter or the captains ship.

BigGrincheers Magpie
Glare theres me going in with my size 12s again
Cool put paint stripper away BigGrin BigGrin
Mike Turpin
#74 Posted : 01 July 2010 22:35:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month

magpie1832 wrote:

That's a great pair of pictures Colin and are of course of the Admiral's Barge, Magpie. If you check with the colour guidelines on the HMS Victory website, the barge is lined on the outside in green and decorated with a gold stripe. Actually this is quite restrained for an Admiral's barge because neither Nelson or his Flag Captain Hardy had large amounts of money to spare and relied on what paints etc were available in the Dockyard stores.

I wonder if Tomick knows which boat comes next and when we can look forward to the barge. I am really enjoying my launch build pictures are overdue but I am getting around to it and want to do the next one now!

Mike T
Mike Turpin
#75 Posted : 01 July 2010 22:38:37

Just looked at the link which I missed first time, oh boy Colin you have done it again BigGrin Drool , just how many pictures are there to refer to??

Mike T
Zeptrader
#76 Posted : 01 July 2010 22:54:57

Groups:

274 close up pictures....save 'em for a later date, we is gonna need 'em.
Capt Stedders
#77 Posted : 01 July 2010 23:19:59

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Mike Turpin wrote:

That's a great pair of pictures Colin and are of course of the Admiral's Barge, Magpie. If you check with the colour guidelines on the HMS Victory website, the barge is lined on the outside in green and decorated with a gold stripe. Actually this is quite restrained for an Admiral's barge because neither Nelson or his Flag Captain Hardy had large amounts of money to spare and relied on what paints etc were available in the Dockyard stores.

Mike T

Strangely enough, if you mix yellow ochre with black, you'll end up with something approaching 'olive green' (which is the colour listed on the website if I'm not mistaken).

The colour used on the Admirals barge in those pictures is of a far more emerald hue than I would class as Olive and probably used just to look 'prettier' for the visiting public.
Schnellboots on back burner

Tools.

Mike Turpin
#78 Posted : 02 July 2010 00:14:37

Hi Rich

There is an 'olive green' in the Admiralty Victory paint set. I shall have to splash some onto a bit of wood and compare with photos.

Mike T
Tomick
#79 Posted : 02 July 2010 09:41:15

Groups:

Mike Turpin wrote:
magpie1832 wrote:

I wonder if Tomick knows which boat comes next and when we can look forward to the barge. I am really enjoying my launch build pictures are overdue but I am getting around to it and want to do the next one now!

Mike T

No info yet as to which one is next.
budgie
#80 Posted : 02 July 2010 21:22:44

Blink curling the rubbing strakes i found it a bit awkward
not got an electric bender & knew would be fiddly with soldering iron as i would have to put a damp rag over the wood so as it wouldn't get marked

using my fingers was a no no as split

tried this both rubbing strakes are there
waiting for them to dry
File Attachment(s):
rubbing strake.JPG (460kb) downloaded 64 time(s).