Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages <1234>»
Kit Review Trumpeter 1:200 Bismarck Options
jase
#21 Posted : 02 February 2013 07:19:57

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Answer to an earlier question on turret Interior colours.

All inner surfaces should be white. Floor dark grey and equipment light grey. You will need to paint the shells three different colours to reflect the 3 different types. Red - practice round, yellow - high explosive & blue - armour perching.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
jase
#22 Posted : 02 February 2013 10:08:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Some links for research:

A good general site for Bismarck. Lots of drawings pics and history.
http://www.bismarck-class.dk/index.html

Supposedly the most accurate technical drawings of Bismarck available to purchase in 1:200 scale!
http://www.foxcad.com.au/Drawings/Bismarck.htm

Another really good general site full of history pics of the ship and models there is also a gift ship, fancy a Bismarck stein to display with your model?
http://www.kbismarck.com

JCool
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Tomick
#23 Posted : 02 February 2013 11:00:31

Groups:

Hannants in the UK now have stock of the MK1 Bismarck PE upgrade sets

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/TU03702
jase
#24 Posted : 02 February 2013 11:40:10

Aber have a selection of 1/200 scale ship rails ladders and crew

http://www.aber.net.pl/catalog.html
-Mark Twain
court orchard
#25 Posted : 02 February 2013 15:17:49

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

There is a new definitive book coming out soon on the Bismarck by John Asmussen. Allegedly, lots of new unpublished pictures etc. Publication date in the UK seems a bit vague, it was supposed to be out last Oct and is due in the US in March.
A bit pricey too.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bismarc...id=1359814359&sr=1-3
Andy

Building:Samurai Armour, SOTS, Victory X-Section, Bismarck, D51
Finished:WW I Bavarian NCO, Caldercraft HM Bark Endeavour FFG 58 Samuel B Roberts,
court orchard
#26 Posted : 02 February 2013 15:50:24

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Still a lot cheaper than this Scared

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Battles...id=1359816401&sr=8-1

They're having a LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

If anyone spots a sensibly priced copy I'd love to hear about it.
Andy

Finished:WW I Bavarian NCO, Caldercraft HM Bark Endeavour FFG 58 Samuel B Roberts,
jase
#27 Posted : 02 February 2013 16:03:19

court orchard wrote:
Still a lot cheaper than this Scared

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Battles...id=1359816401&sr=8-1

They're having a LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

If anyone spots a sensibly priced copy I'd love to hear about it.

LOL LOL LOL and its used OhMyGod
-Mark Twain
court orchard
#28 Posted : 02 February 2013 16:51:17

If anyone wants a cheap book about the Bismarck, lots of copies of this on Amazon for £2.81 (inc. postage). Its not a bad book, lots of photos of the Bismarck (plus the British Ships involved). A good beginners history of the building, trials and demise. Has some nice large maps of the last voyage and pursuit by the Brits. A lot of the large pictures of her on the Seabed are artwork and should be treated with caution.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/prod...f=oh_details_o06_s00_i00
Andy

court orchard
#29 Posted : 02 February 2013 18:47:02

GPM Models do a PE set + Barrels, Railings etc, this is for their 1/200 PaperBlink model of the Bismarck, but would be OK for this one.

http://www.gpm.pl/eng/index.php...ja=produkt&edycja=70
Andy

jase
#30 Posted : 02 February 2013 19:15:34

this is quite a good watch for a bit of background history

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIyvin_KnFk
-Mark Twain
jase
#31 Posted : 06 February 2013 00:48:27

Now thinking about lighting my Bismarck. I have to be honest now i have only ever done one model with lighting and that was the melenium falcon in 1978 Blink

No idear how to go about it or the kit i will need or even how i would switch it on and offHuh

any help and advice most greatly appreciated BigGrin
-Mark Twain
court orchard
#32 Posted : 06 February 2013 13:09:21

jase wrote:
Now thinking about lighting my Bismarck. I have to be honest now i have only ever done one model with lighting and that was the melenium falcon in 1978 Blink

No idear how to go about it or the kit i will need or even how i would switch it on and offHuh

I have very mixed feelings about lighting models, it's very difficult to get right and can often look really naff. I did think about the spotlights on this one, though.
Andy

court orchard
#33 Posted : 06 February 2013 13:12:01

G-Factor Cast Brass Props arrived today from AAA Models in the States.

Andy

jase
#34 Posted : 06 February 2013 13:17:27

court orchard wrote:
jase wrote:

I have very mixed feelings about lighting models, it's very difficult to get right and can often look really naff. I did think about the spotlights on this one, though.

I know what you mean , just at this scale easy to drill out the skuttles and the bridge can be iluminated. of course In Bismarcks life time they were on war time running which was lights off!! I asked my grandfather how he felt when he herad the news the war was over and he said "my first thought was great we can put the blessed lights on now"LOL LOL LOL
-Mark Twain
court orchard
#35 Posted : 06 February 2013 13:27:50

jase wrote:
court orchard wrote:
jase wrote:

I know what you mean , just at this scale easy to drill out the skuttles and the bridge can be iluminated. of course In Bismarcks life time they were on war time running which was lights off!! I asked my grandfather how he felt when he herad the news the war was over and he said "my first thought was great we can put the blessed lights on now"LOL LOL LOL

My Grandad was a real life 'Warden Hodges'. So it was his job to go around saying 'put that light out'.LOL LOL
He was exempt War Service as during the day he was building Minesweepers.
Andy

Tomick
#36 Posted : 06 February 2013 13:55:59

Groups:

[quote=jase]this is quite a good watch for a bit of background history

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIyvin_KnFk[/quote]

Some nice Bismarck footage towards the end of this Swordfish clip which in itself is a fitting tribute..

http://www.youtube.com/w...ure=related&hl=en-GB
jase
#37 Posted : 06 February 2013 17:52:56

[quote=Tomick][quote=jase]this is quite a good watch for a bit of background history

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIyvin_KnFk[/quote]

Some nice Bismarck footage towards the end of this Swordfish clip which in itself is a fitting tribute..

http://www.youtube.com/w...re=related&hl=en-GB[/quote]

That's brill I love the sinister music when Bismarck appears Laugh
-Mark Twain
jase
#38 Posted : 07 February 2013 13:33:39

court orchard wrote:

they look good you should have 2 left handed and 1 right handed (not sure how i would know though!!!!BigGrin
-Mark Twain
court orchard
#39 Posted : 07 February 2013 13:37:07

jase wrote:
court orchard wrote:

they look good you should have 2 left handed and 1 right handed (not sure how i would know though!!!!BigGrin

I didn't check, but you're right there are 2 left and 1 right.BigGrin
Andy

court orchard
#40 Posted : 07 February 2013 13:40:15

My KA DX set has arrived in the UK and is in PooleBigGrin BigGrin
How do I know this? Because I've just been mugged by CustomsCursingCursing
Andy