Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages <12345>
Kit Review Trumpeter 1:200 Bismarck Options
jase
#41 Posted : 07 February 2013 16:01:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

court orchard wrote:
My KA DX set has arrived in the UK and is in PooleBigGrin BigGrin
How do I know this? Because I've just been mugged by CustomsCursingCursing

Ouch i wont tell you that I am getting mine postage free due to the delayed delivery then BigGrin
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
court orchard
#42 Posted : 07 February 2013 16:06:07

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

jase wrote:
court orchard wrote:
My KA DX set has arrived in the UK and is in PooleBigGrin BigGrin
How do I know this? Because I've just been mugged by CustomsCursingCursing

Ouch i wont tell you that I am getting mine postage free due to the delayed delivery then BigGrin

No, please don't tell me, it would upset me too much.LOL LOL
Andy

Building:Samurai Armour, SOTS, Victory X-Section, Bismarck, D51
Finished:WW I Bavarian NCO, Caldercraft HM Bark Endeavour FFG 58 Samuel B Roberts,
jase
#43 Posted : 07 February 2013 21:41:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I believe my pack will be with me next week my supplier is due to get them on the 9th. i will be adding a full review of that set also Cool
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Nemesis
#44 Posted : 07 February 2013 21:47:27

I am soooooooo tempted to get this kit!!! (must stop reading posts, MUST STOP READ..............ah nuts!)LOL BigGrin
Warthog
#45 Posted : 07 February 2013 22:02:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

Nemesis wrote:
I am soooooooo tempted to get this kit!!! (must stop reading posts, MUST STOP READ..............ah nuts!)LOL BigGrin

You and me both!!! At least I'll have some thing to live in if the missus finds it LOL
Nemesis
#46 Posted : 07 February 2013 22:03:32

Warthog wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

You and me both!!! At least I'll have some thing to live in if the missus finds it LOL

I would be set adrift in it!!!!LOL LOL
jase
#47 Posted : 07 February 2013 22:57:00

Nemesis wrote:
Warthog wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

i know a site selling the kit at 20% off, till stock lasts - you could spend the ballance on taking the misses to the pub while the neighbour sneeks the kit in Wink

just an idea LOL LOL
-Mark Twain
Nemesis
#48 Posted : 07 February 2013 23:08:52

jase wrote:
Nemesis wrote:
Warthog wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

i know a site selling the kit at 20% off, till stock lasts - you could spend the ballance on taking the misses to the pub while the neighbour sneeks the kit in Wink

just an idea LOL LOL

Your gonna get me in sooooooooooo much trouble!!! What site?!?!?!?! LOL BigGrin
jase
#49 Posted : 07 February 2013 23:29:13

BigGrin http://www.boystownmilit...Search=bismarck+1%3A200 BigGrin

now 15% off with free shipping that amounts to 20% they also have 20% of the KA upgrade sets Huh Mellow
-Mark Twain
court orchard
#50 Posted : 09 February 2013 18:00:32

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

The KA DX set arrived yesterday, having paid my dues to the Customs.
I now have another 2000+ parts to add to the BismarckBlink Blink. I'll leave the review to Jase, with just one observation the Decals are complete unlike the picture.
Andy

Finished:WW I Bavarian NCO, Caldercraft HM Bark Endeavour FFG 58 Samuel B Roberts,
Warthog
#51 Posted : 09 February 2013 18:46:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

court orchard wrote:
The KA DX set arrived yesterday, having paid my dues to the Customs.
I now have another 2000+ parts to add to the BismarckBlink Blink. I'll leave the review to Jase, with just one observation the Decals are complete unlike the picture.

Please tell me there not the American Flag??? LOL
Tomick
#52 Posted : 10 February 2013 15:48:30

Groups:

Just a thought guys, if you can find an Issue 135 on eBay of the Hachette Bismarck series, I believe it contains a 1/200 overhead/side view plan of their Bismarck which might be a useful reference..
jase
#53 Posted : 10 February 2013 16:31:25

Tomick wrote:
Just a thought guys, if you can find an Issue 135 on eBay of the Hachette Bismarck series, I believe it contains a 1/200 overhead/side view plan of their Bismarck which might be a useful reference..

Thanks Tom thats a great steer, It comes with rigging thread too!! Cool
-Mark Twain
Tomick
#54 Posted : 10 February 2013 16:37:42

Groups:

It might also be available on back order
court orchard
#55 Posted : 10 February 2013 16:54:24

Thanks Mr T.
Just had a trawl on EBay lots of issues up to 118, but nothing later at the moment.
Andy

jase
#56 Posted : 10 February 2013 19:05:29

court orchard wrote:
Thanks Mr T.
Just had a trawl on EBay lots of issues up to 118, but nothing later at the moment.

There was one BigGrin but he is not trading untill 18thConfused If i get it I will let you have a copy as I have a large scale draftsman plotter at work Cool ... If I get it!!Mellow
-Mark Twain
court orchard
#57 Posted : 10 February 2013 19:22:33

jase wrote:
court orchard wrote:
Thanks Mr T.

There was one BigGrin but he is not trading untill 18thConfused If i get it I will let you have a copy as I have a large scale draftsman plotter at work Cool ... If I get it!!Mellow

Thanks Jase, that would be really great.

By the way, I tried a dry fit of the DX wooden main deck today, it's absolutely stunning with every little Teak Plank perfectly reproduced and a perfect fit. They've even included optional wood planking to cover the metal under the Bow Anchor Chains that Trumpeter got wrong.ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp
Andy

jase
#58 Posted : 10 February 2013 19:29:21

court orchard wrote:
jase wrote:
court orchard wrote:
Thanks Mr T.

Thanks Jase, that would be really great.

By the way, I tried a dry fit of the DX wooden main deck today, it's absolutely stunning with every little Teak Plank perfectly reproduced and a perfect fit. They've even included optional wood planking to cover the metal under the Bow Anchor Chains that Trumpeter got wrong.ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

Cool sounds good. my only concern is if i modify moulded fittings on the deck. done this with hood and now got gaps in the deck Unsure
-Mark Twain
court orchard
#59 Posted : 13 February 2013 02:26:25

More PE for below the Waterline from Germany, all the KA stuff is above the Waterline.
http://www.modellschlachtschiff...dPosition=1&P_ID=122

Plus there is some more stuff, but my German is not up to working out what it is.
Andy

jase
#60 Posted : 13 February 2013 07:07:34

court orchard wrote:
More PE for below the Waterline from Germany, all the KA stuff is above the Waterline.
http://www.modellschlachtschiff...dPosition=1&P_ID=122

Plus there is some more stuff, but my German is not up to working out what it is.

nice find Cool This chap supplys general 1/200 german ship parts for scratch building some interesting stuff but a bit pricy (i found a button to change language to English BigGrin Flapper
-Mark Twain