Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages «<2345>
Kit Review Trumpeter 1:200 Bismarck Options
jase
#61 Posted : 13 February 2013 07:38:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

coat of arms!!

http://www.modellschlach...=&strSearchCriteria=
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
court orchard
#62 Posted : 13 February 2013 10:53:46

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

There was this too, the translation says 'Bismarck Screw Protection Kit', something to fit near the propellers I guessConfused

http://www.modellschlachtschiff...dPosition=1&P_ID=260
Andy

Building:Samurai Armour, SOTS, Victory X-Section, Bismarck, D51
Finished:WW I Bavarian NCO, Caldercraft HM Bark Endeavour FFG 58 Samuel B Roberts,
jase
#63 Posted : 13 February 2013 14:20:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

court orchard wrote:
There was this too, the translation says 'Bismarck Screw Protection Kit', something to fit near the propellers I guessConfused

no idea!!!Confused some nice hull details though and did you see the resin boats Drool
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
court orchard
#64 Posted : 13 February 2013 16:02:22

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

jase wrote:
court orchard wrote:

no idea!!!Confused some nice hull details though and did you see the resin boats Drool

I think I've worked it out, they are for these Booms, the short one further forward which is out and the longer one (which is J9 in the kit) which is pulled in to the side.
4th picture down where they are showing the Smoke generator ports.
http://www.bismarck-class.dk/te...tor/smoke_generator.html
Andy

Finished:WW I Bavarian NCO, Caldercraft HM Bark Endeavour FFG 58 Samuel B Roberts,
jase
#65 Posted : 13 February 2013 18:41:00

Could be but they do show them seperatly as a kit to buy, the booms that is

http://www.modellschlach...;btnProduct=More+Details
-Mark Twain
jase
#66 Posted : 14 February 2013 08:27:01

Today is the 74th Anniversary of the Launch of Bismarck (see in this day in military History, in general chat)
-Mark Twain
court orchard
#67 Posted : 14 February 2013 11:54:50

jase wrote:
Today is the 74th Anniversary of the Launch of Bismarck (see in this day in military History, in general chat)

So today would be a most auspicious day to commence the build. Therefore I have glued the Nose pieces into the Bow.LOL
Andy

Wilfy the Sea Dog
#68 Posted : 15 February 2013 23:43:29

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Will be picking my Bismarck up tomorrow, with all the upgrades.

Can't wait. Drool

Wilfy
court orchard
#69 Posted : 16 February 2013 00:03:57

Wilfy the Sea Dog wrote:
Will be picking my Bismarck up tomorrow, with all the upgrades.

Can't wait. Drool

Wilfy

I hope you've got an Estate Car or a Van and a Sack Barrow. LOL LOL LOL
Andy

Wilfy the Sea Dog
#70 Posted : 16 February 2013 01:38:09

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I'll strap it to my back if I have to! LOL

Wilfy
jase
#71 Posted : 16 February 2013 07:14:44

That's brilliant Looks like three build diaries should be fun seeing how we progressCool
-Mark Twain
Wilfy the Sea Dog
#72 Posted : 17 February 2013 09:43:37

Have my sticky mits on the Bismarck.

What can I say, WOW!

She is HUGE & looks amazing.

Wilfy
Tomick
#73 Posted : 17 February 2013 10:00:16

Groups:

Wilfy the Sea Dog wrote:
I'll strap it to my back if I have to! LOL

Wilfy

LOL LOL
jase
#74 Posted : 17 February 2013 10:32:56

Wilfy the Sea Dog wrote:
Have my sticky mits on the Bismarck.

What can I say, WOW!

She is HUGE & looks amazing.

Wilfy

She is a great kit. did you get some upgrades?
-Mark Twain
Wilfy the Sea Dog
#75 Posted : 17 February 2013 23:35:41

Hi Jase,

Got the MK1 DX upgrade, Trumpeter upgrade & a set of brass props.

Think I may have a few spare gun barrels! Blink

I still can't get over the sheer size of the kit, the engineering that must have gone into it is outstanding.

Now have to find room to build her! Confused

Wilfy
jase
#76 Posted : 18 February 2013 00:08:43

Wilfy the Sea Dog wrote:
Hi Jase,

Got the MK1 DX upgrade, Trumpeter upgrade & a set of brass props.

Think I may have a few spare gun barrels! Blink

I still can't get over the sheer size of the kit, the engineering that must have gone into it is outstanding.

Now have to find room to build her! Confused

Wilfy

Yes I have not got the Trumpeter upgrade because there is gun barrels in the MK1 DX upgrade. Going to asses that and take a view on what else I may need like brass screws maybe. I should get my upgrade set this week coming recon I am about 3 to 4 weeks of starting. Not looking forward to filling the countersink in the Hull!!

Know what you mean I have space to build but its where you put it when its not on the desk? I was thinking of puting some brackets on the wall to rest the hull on when not on the desk - just need to get some flowers and chat t the wife Mellow
-Mark Twain
jase
#77 Posted : 21 February 2013 23:34:43

Following link is for Bismarck paints. These paints are extremely good quality I have used them for years and matched to original chips

https://www.whiteensignm...Colours/20/#.USae06W-REJ
-Mark Twain
Wilfy the Sea Dog
#78 Posted : 22 February 2013 00:37:32

Hi Jase,

Think the Trumpeter upgrade is overkill if you have the MK 1, but may come in usefull.

Notice Eduard have now released upgrades for the lifeboats & railings.

http://www.eduard.com/st...-1-lifeboats-1-200.html

http://www.eduard.com/st...mp;searchparam=bismarck

Thanks for the link on paint info, very useful.

When are you thinking of making a start? I was going to try this week, but not happened, think I'm a few weeks off yet!

Wilfy
jase
#79 Posted : 22 February 2013 11:01:06

Wilfy the Sea Dog wrote:
Hi Jase,

Think the Trumpeter upgrade is overkill if you have the MK 1, but may come in usefull.

Notice Eduard have now released upgrades for the lifeboats & railings.

http://www.eduard.com/st...-1-lifeboats-1-200.html

http://www.eduard.com/st...mp;searchparam=bismarck

Thanks for the link on paint info, very useful.

When are you thinking of making a start? I was going to try this week, but not happened, think I'm a few weeks off yet!

Wilfy

Thanks for links will look at these tonight. I am waiting for my upgrade pack which i have been promised will be with me friday next week and I want to get my Hood finished so i think probably 2 weeks off. Also the superstructure paint is out of stock at WEM orderd my other paints last night so should be able to crack on with filling and preping the hull Cool
-Mark Twain
jase
#80 Posted : 27 February 2013 21:38:22

[quote=Wilfy the Sea Dog]Hi Jase,

Got the MK1 DX upgrade, Trumpeter upgrade

Hi Wilfy,

Could you do me a favour could you look at the following link and let me know how the wood deck compares to the one in the MK1 DX upgrade pack. Particularly interested in the stern if the smoke generator covers are on the MK1 set. (two small circles at very rear of stern.

Big thanks in advance

J

http://artwox.com/index.php?document_srl=7541
-Mark Twain