Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

How to add Photos Options
admin
#1 Posted : 13 January 2010 16:32:17

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Confused We have had a few e:mails about how to add a photo onto the forum. Here is how you do it:

Firstly, you need to have already uploaded your image into something like photobucket (www.photobucket.com) or any photo sharing site.

1. in the post you will see an icon of a mountain with a sun over it when you hover over it will say "insert image"

2. When you click that you will get the following appear:
(img)(/img) - exept the brackets will be square type not rounded

3. At this point nothing will happen as you now need to put in the url of where the photo is stored.

4. then go into the image details in photobucket (or similar) and find the section where you "share this image". On photobucket it can be a box down the left or directly under the image, depending upon where you are.

5. You now need to copy and paste the url listed under "direct link" in to between the two square brackets in step 1. you will end up with something like
(img)http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad330/admin/012.jpg(/img)

You can click Preview to check it has worked before actually posting.

Hope that helps.

Admin
hudsonrobert49
#2 Posted : 28 February 2010 15:05:03

Outstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Please make it simple and Easy to post pics, also enable us to be able to send attachments with emails to you.
Regards

Rob

Bridlington.

Built Flying Scotsman (Train). Collecting HMS VICTORY
admin
#3 Posted : 02 March 2010 11:30:36

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hello,

We are working on this and we should have an update this week. Thanks for your patience.
admin
#4 Posted : 01 April 2010 12:37:11

UPDATE: You can now add photos directly.

Just click the "Attach Files to this Post?" box under the input section of your post when writing it. You will be asked to browse to your picture.

We will also retain the "Photobucket" methodology for adding photos.
Shauncnh
#5 Posted : 02 April 2016 18:10:50

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

test
Shauncnh attached the following image(s):
deagostini-spitfire.jpg
Building-RC spitfire
Build- titanic,Skyrider drone, solar system, T72 tank
z8000783
#6 Posted : 02 April 2016 18:26:38

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Unapproved

Looks good from here.
William's Build
#7 Posted : 16 June 2020 22:18:30

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

William's Build
#8 Posted : 16 June 2020 22:28:39

Resolution test
File Attachment(s):
Victory-painting.jpg (674kb) downloaded 23 time(s).
William's Build
#9 Posted : 16 June 2020 22:39:52

So based on my test above, I'm guessing that you can upload larger pictures than (the utterly outdated resolution of) 600x450 but they'll only display as a download? This has been the same since 2014 when I first joined, surely this should have been updated by now?

Not only is it extremely limiting for people who put hundreds of hours into making the models who want to show them off/get help and feedback from others, but its also extremely irresponsible given that we have to download the higher quality images leaving people exposed to viruses etc.

Are there any plans to upgrade this forum to accommodate this?
CaptnBirdseye
#10 Posted : 17 June 2020 11:55:21

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

William's Build wrote:

Are there any plans to upgrade this forum to accommodate this?

Plans have been afoot for years, but progress has been glacial (as in extremely slow😁)

Plymouth57
#11 Posted : 17 June 2020 15:56:47

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

My photos have always been uploaded at 800x600 from the beginning of my Victory diary. I must admit the uploads have always been super fast and the only problems have been since the big 'upgrade' a year or so back when the display problems started.

Robin.
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
z8000783
#12 Posted : 17 June 2020 16:00:30

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Unapproved

Plymouth57 wrote:
.... and the only problems have been since the big 'upgrade' a year or so back when the display problems started.

Robin.

This display problems have been around a lot longer than that.

Plymouth57
#13 Posted : 17 June 2020 18:11:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi John!

That's quite possible! I have no sense of time on here, models I thought I built a couple of years ago then turn out to be twice that when I look back at the diaries!Blushing
That 'year or so' was as far back as I could remember!BigGrin

Robin.
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1