Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

30 Pages 123>»
Stevie's Vic Build Options
stevie_o
#1 Posted : 18 February 2013 14:18:29

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hello everyone, I have been watching all the builds on here since i began my Vic back in June 12, Im now at issue 55 and dont have many pics from early in the build but have put them all up here to get this going. From here on it is waiting for deliveries before I can update.

Thats it for now, im working on the quarter deck planking now and will post pics soon. Comments welcome - There are 2 deliberate mistakes in the above pics Blushing - I was going to launch a competition for spotting them but that might lead to a load of other mistakes being seen, so here they are -
According to to Jase in the build by Ian Smith the 2 trim parts on the bow are too close together and I wont be able to fit te scrolls later, so this will be fixed soon.
Also, all 10 cannons are built backwards, ie the wide part is at the front as per part 1 of the mags and the official guide, I failed to spot that this was a printing error until too late Cursing Not sure if im going to rework these now, thought a lot about it but they are rigged and glued down - just get the next ones right or should i keep them all 'wrong'?
Cheers
Steve
karl1113
#2 Posted : 18 February 2013 14:22:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

steve,they can hardly been seen once the next deck is on,but you know that they are wrong it's up to you.
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
stevie_o
#3 Posted : 18 February 2013 14:30:02

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Karl, I think your right, and I wish i didnt know they were wrong because id never have noticed - I really dont think i will change them now, but should i do the quarter deck cannons the same or get them right?
Steve
karl1113
#4 Posted : 18 February 2013 15:47:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

no no no get them right,the eye will be fooled on the rest.
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
Gandale
#5 Posted : 18 February 2013 23:32:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Steve, very nice clean build there and I love the effect of your copper tiling.... very well done.....BigGrin BigGrin

Regards

Alan
ian smith
#6 Posted : 18 February 2013 23:44:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Steve.
Very nice clean build. I agree with Karl to leave the cannons you have done as they are and to do the rest correct. Look forward to seeing some more of your build. Ian Cool
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
stevie_o
#7 Posted : 19 February 2013 00:03:13

Hans
#8 Posted : 19 February 2013 11:56:24

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Beautiful clean lines there Steve. Well done. You have done such a good job there, don't change unless you have too. Greta job
Rgds, Hans
"It's okay to make mistakes. mistakes are our teachers - they help us to to learn, even if it is painfully"
Current Build:
Endeavour Cross section,D51
Completed: HMS Victory
Under the bench: Endeavour x 2,Sovereign of the Seas, Akagi and The Black Pearl!HMS Victory Cross Section
stevie_o
#9 Posted : 22 February 2013 00:22:07

Thanks Hans, did some more bits yesterday, I didnt bother doing the anchors and barrels when they were issued as i wanted to get the hull done first so here they are-

I also finished laying the quarter deck and aged it a little with "50/50 weather-it" and danish oil.

This is with the "weather-it" only - I think it looked a little too dry and washed out...

and these are a day later with the danish oil on top of the weathering - much better effect i think

I'm happy with the look of the deck now anyway.

Building the wheel and the 3 bits tomorrow, then i think im waiting for my next delivery Bored
Cheers
Steve
DaDokta
#10 Posted : 22 February 2013 12:57:41

The deck looks wonderful!
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:
Revell B-24D Liberator 1:48

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
jase
#11 Posted : 22 February 2013 13:40:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Agree the deck looks stunning
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
stevie_o
#12 Posted : 22 February 2013 17:56:49

Thanks for the comments, glad you like the deck!
Here are some pics of my launch made a while ago although im not sure if the vic will be displayed with any of the boats on it, think i prefer the look of the vic without the boats.

karl josef
#13 Posted : 24 February 2013 15:34:59

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups:

Steve,the long boat looks good
Best regards,
Reiner
Jesus-Belzheim
#14 Posted : 24 February 2013 17:44:31

Groups:

Your Build looks great Steve ThumpUp
Keep up the good work BigGrin
Kind regards
Peter BigGrin

HMS Victory 1:84 DeA
Tomick
#15 Posted : 24 February 2013 18:15:55

Groups:

Nice work Stevie, don't beat your self up about the cannon, hardly be noticeable..
der Gohfelder
#16 Posted : 24 February 2013 18:46:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

A very nice build, well done so far!

regards, Bernd
stevie_o
#17 Posted : 01 April 2013 21:10:14

Got a bit behind on this as I pulled the old copper off and have done it all again minus the rivets pattern, so im now at issue 56 and have just cut out the quarter deck gun ports, bit nervous about this as i felt it was one of those moments when you can ruin a build!

All done!

Lining the ports next in issue 57, want to get this done asap as the area around the gun ports seems a bit fragile now.
Gandale
#18 Posted : 01 April 2013 22:17:26

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Very nice work Stevie, looks superb.....BigGrin BigGrin

Regards

Alan
Hans
#19 Posted : 02 April 2013 09:23:07

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

She looks good Stevie. You shouldn't worry too much. It's all about the enjoyment of the build, unique too yourself.
Rgds, Hans
"It's okay to make mistakes. mistakes are our teachers - they help us to to learn, even if it is painfully"
Current Build:
Endeavour Cross section,D51
Completed: HMS Victory
Under the bench: Endeavour x 2,Sovereign of the Seas, Akagi and The Black Pearl!HMS Victory Cross Section
Gerrit
#20 Posted : 03 April 2013 23:10:31

Hi Stevie Your build looks great and is an inspiration . Keep it up

Regards
Gerrit