Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

second build for a newbie Options
wallace
#1 Posted : 20 May 2010 13:39:19

Groups: Registered

hi guys im new this game as i may have mentioned before. im thinking of doing a second build to gain a bit of experience, can anyone reccomend a good build for me, i have been tempted by a couple on the agostini website but it seems you only get basic instructions unless you buy it on a monthley basis. any help will be gratefully recieved.
Dontshootme
#2 Posted : 20 May 2010 15:05:30

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I was going to get HMS Pickle as a 2nd build..at the wifes suggestion no less!However I have been given Sergals SV Thermopylae as a thankyou present for helping a friend out...her late husband had bought it but unfortunatley was taken ill before it even arrived..so this is going to be my in-between project..looks fairly easy to do.You can get it from http://www.cornwallmodel.../mantua_thermopylae.html
Rob Nolli Illigitimi Carborundum!!!
Current Builds:HMS Victory,SV Thermopylae
wallace
#3 Posted : 20 May 2010 15:32:16

thanks very much dontshootme, will take a look at that.
jonny7england
#4 Posted : 20 May 2010 15:51:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

wallace wrote:
hi guys im new this game as i may have mentioned before. im thinking of doing a second build to gain a bit of experience, can anyone reccomend a good build for me, i have been tempted by a couple on the agostini website but it seems you only get basic instructions unless you buy it on a monthley basis. any help will be gratefully recieved.

Hi Wallace and welcome aboard mate, I agree with Rob and his build of Thermopylae or perhaps the Cutty Sark which I am into, they are all pretty good for what you are seeking...good luck mate..BigGrin
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
CaptnBirdseye
#5 Posted : 20 May 2010 16:29:37

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi wallace, and welcome.

If your looking for a cheap second build, what about Ballahoo from Caldercraft?

It may not look as exciting as Victory, but methinks it has everything we will need to learn. Also, being from Caldercraft, i expect it to be of good quality and is aimed at the novice builder as well!

http://www.cornwallmodel..._schooner_ballahoo.html

Have fun with your Victory build

Graham
john burgess
#6 Posted : 20 May 2010 17:12:20

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Im so bored of waiting for the next lot of victory parts, ive dropped myself in the deep end got a fetish for galleons [british of coarse] so ive had a look whats on the market and gone for the "MARY ROSE" the full kit be here in a couple of days and then no waiting for issues to come cant wait to start building.
If you dont suceed at first go to the pub
karl1113
#7 Posted : 20 May 2010 17:31:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

nice boat the mary rose I posted a pic of it here somewhere,can't remember where now. was it caldercraft heritage series? very medieval looking,bet old 'enery was sick as he watched it go down. good luck with the build.
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
john burgess
#8 Posted : 20 May 2010 17:46:58

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Cheers carl ill try and find the thread to have a look, and yes it is caldercraft heritage it is medieval but i am looking forward ti the build, and no waiting for parts yipeeeeee.
If you dont suceed at first go to the pub