Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

33 Pages «<30313233>
willz buildz Options
ian smith
#621 Posted : 12 June 2017 12:25:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi willz.
Looking stunning. Ian Cool Cool BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
willz
#622 Posted : 29 June 2017 16:16:51

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

cheers Ian appreciated, still on with the wales on the starboard side, down to the last one, just a small tutorial on how i went about gluing the bendy bow strips.
ok normally to curve a strip i would soak it in hot water then clamp it in its position on the ship let it dry then glue it on, this is a slow process for the fact that i let it dry out completely before fixing, if you fix it wet you will have gaps after shrinkage. but with my strips being laminated together to form the colour change i cant use this method (it would just fall apart), i cant glue them together in the bent position because they have to go through the saw twice after laminating the two different colours onto the base strip, have to trim of the top edge then the bottom edge, so the laminated strip when finished is very rigid, if i glue and force it on with clamps it leaves a lot of spring power in the strip and leaves it likely to spring off in the future.
ok on we go with the pics, first i clamp my piece a little more acute than the desired curve. pic 1
next i use an old hair drying on full power for 4 or 5 mins. then leave to cool down. pic 2
pic 3 shows the laminated strip after the process nicely shaped
finally pic 4 shows the piece glued in place.
so now i`m happy that the strong springy laminated bow strips wont fly off (fingers crossed)
willz attached the following image(s):
bottom whale 1.jpg
bottom whale two.jpg
bottom wale 3.jpg
bottom wale 4.jpg
Gandale
#623 Posted : 29 June 2017 22:49:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Nice little tutorial Willz, thanks for sharing....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
z8000783
#624 Posted : 14 July 2017 15:12:58

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Unapproved

Certainly some detailed work with the wales, there but the results are amazing.
willz
#625 Posted : 19 December 2017 14:57:31

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

merry christmas and a happy new year to all the members and crew at deagostini
Gandale
#626 Posted : 19 December 2017 15:31:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

willz wrote:
merry christmas and a happy new year to all the members and crew at deagostini

Merry Christmas to you and your family too, hope you have a wonderful festive period.....

Regards

Alan
willz
#627 Posted : 03 August 2019 11:46:56

ok back and done all wales and middle canons
ed.jpg
z8000783
#628 Posted : 03 August 2019 12:00:07

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Unapproved

Isn't it a bit soon to be putting the cannons in?

willz
#629 Posted : 03 August 2019 17:18:31

when i say in i mean all the cannon carriages, had to put the cannons together to get the position something like right
Gandale
#630 Posted : 03 August 2019 22:51:13

Great to see you back with us Willz and am looking forward to seeing more of your fabulous build.....Cool Cool Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
willz
#631 Posted : 22 August 2019 19:17:40

made the window for the front gunport and fitted it in
windowhand.jpg
window.jpg
window.jpg
tf64
#632 Posted : 22 August 2019 21:43:45

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Willz thank you for posting,that window look's the part and it must have taken you a long time to build.

Well done

Regards

Trev.
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

goddo
#633 Posted : 23 August 2019 08:59:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Stunning work Willz. Absolute top marks for a brilliant job well done.
I can only dream that my attempt will, one day, look half as good.
Chris
Garth
#634 Posted : 23 August 2019 09:57:54

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Willz,
Glad to see you back. That window looks amazing!
Kind regards,
Garth
"Measure twice, cut once!!!"
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Current build: Black Pearl.
On hold: Bismarck, Golden Hind, Flying Scotsman, Victory Cross Section, SOTS, Tiger 1.
Wish list: USS Constitution.
Gandale
#635 Posted : 23 August 2019 19:11:41

Love the window Willz, exceptionally good work....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
willz
#636 Posted : 03 September 2019 13:02:22

cheers lads appreciated ,,,, entry port done
door.jpg
entry port.jpg
Gandale
#637 Posted : 03 September 2019 22:44:53

Great craftsmanship Willz, very nice indeed.....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
willz
#638 Posted : 28 July 2020 17:23:36

hello everyone....hope all are well is these troubled times....
started to do the upper deck on the Vic, done the decking and gratings, still on with the stairs,,,going to buy the cannon balls, making them just isn`t worth it;;
anyway will post pics this week,,
I painted a picture to express my feelings over covid 19 think most would agree,,
tigersmall.jpg
willz
#639 Posted : 29 July 2020 13:34:11

this is the stage with the upper deck,,, steps and cannon balls to finish the deck,,then i will be placing the upright columbs to support the top deck..just waiting for a four jaw chuck to arrive from micromechanics on ebay,,(lost in post at the moment)
gratingsnosteps.jpg
willz
#640 Posted : 29 October 2022 15:56:33

ok posted this yesterday but called away so couldn`t finish the post. been away for a while illness and the like but trying to kick my butt and do something on the Vic, started the cannons for the upper deck but to be honest its a bit painstaking, lots of parts to make, my old mo jo not so great, anyhow just done the one and trying it in to see how many i need to make for a reasonable viewing, looks like at least 12 or 14 before I can skip on the parts list, the cannon in these pics has 40 hand made parts, and even for me I`m thinking its a bit overboard
C1.JPG
C2.JPG
c3.JPG
c4.JPG