Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages <123>
Bf 109E-4 Eduard Kit with Upgrades. Options
jase
#21 Posted : 08 December 2014 13:27:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Gosh she has moved on..

Loving it and you detailing is really nice.

If you want some support on the figure drop me a PM

keep the pics comming

Jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
ModelMania
#22 Posted : 08 December 2014 15:28:37

Groups:

Very nice indeed Wilfy, love the weathering on the engine and the camo has been done with great subtlety too, just right!! She'll be a beauty when finished and I agree, leave the panels off to show all that engine and gun detail. If you've built them you want to show them!!

Cool stuff Wilf - keep those pics coming!! CoolThumpUp

Kev BigGrin
stevie_o
#23 Posted : 08 December 2014 15:37:53

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Wilfy the Sea Dog
#24 Posted : 08 December 2014 23:05:35

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Thanks for all your comments, glad I got her going again, was a shame to see her gathering dust & am looking forward to getting her finished.

Wilfy
Gandale
#25 Posted : 08 December 2014 23:47:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looking good Wilfy, great progress...Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Wilfy the Sea Dog
#26 Posted : 09 December 2014 00:40:11

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Thanks Alan,

Just need to get the decaling finished & then weather her down, hopefully she'll look the part altough I don't think the mottling is historically accurate. Blink

Thanks again.

Wilfy
Wilfy the Sea Dog
#27 Posted : 16 December 2014 22:25:13

Just a couple of small updates.

The landing gear is now complete & ready to fitted after finishing the decaling & weathering of the main fuselage.

I weathered the main gear struts using a recently new product from AK Interactive, coming from their aircraft range.

Titled 'Aircraft Landing Gear Weathering Set' No surprises with that name I suppose! BigGrin

It comes as a pack of 3 washes - 'Landing Gear Wash,' 'Landing Gear Dust' & 'Wash for Shafts & Bearings'

Worked well, no complaints but a bit gimmicky, you may well have similar washes in your collection or could easily make your own. Nice that it comes as a set though.

The tires were weathered using Flory Models 'Sand Wash/Filter' Wanted then to look as dried dirt as final setting will be a spring/summer landing field. I like these washes as they are clay based & can be worked on at any time after application, even removed completely (before sealing in of course.)

Thanks for looking.

Wilfy
Wilfy the Sea Dog attached the following image(s):
me6.JPG
me7.JPG
Wilfy the Sea Dog
#28 Posted : 16 December 2014 22:40:23

Prop assembly is also now complete & ready for fitting.

After priming all the parts I sprayed them with Model Air Aluminium, this was then coated with AK worn effects fluid (Just like using the hairspray technique)

The yellow is Tamiya XF3 & the props AK Air RLM 70.

Once assembled the chipping was created using a fairly stiff brush & water, care needs to be taken here, as it seems that nothing is happening but then suddenly the paint will start to come away leaving the basecoat of aluminium.

The weathering on the nose was done with Mig Ammo 'Panel Line Wash, Orange Brown' this is a set of 3 washes (as the name states for panel lines) It includes washes for RLM 70/71, RLM 65 & RLM 04. Again a nice set but not totally necessary.

Hope these posts don't sound like an advert for AK or Mig, just wanted to show how the products work & if worth investing in.

Thanks for looking.

Wilfy
me9.JPG
me8.JPG
ModelMania
#29 Posted : 16 December 2014 22:53:21

Groups:

Some excellent work coming from you here Wilfy, and I really like the dust effect you've achieved on the undercarriage especially the tyres - top stuff!! Drool Drool

You seem to be having a lot of fun with those Mig and AK products and they certainly work by the look of things?!CoolThumpUp

Nice build mate, looking forward to your next update with anticipation.

Kev BigGrin
Wilfy the Sea Dog
#30 Posted : 16 December 2014 23:12:58

Kev, thanks for your comments, much appreciated.

I don't want to bang on about various manufactures, however (BigGrin )
if you look back to posts of the main fuselage these were done with Ak Interactives' 'Luftwaffe Camo set 1' all are RLM equivalents.

They look very much like Model Air, it's hard to fault them though, they spray & brush brilliantly. I have now bought the RLM set 2 & the RAF set.

Great to have them all in one package.

Thanks again.

Wilfy

ModelMania
#31 Posted : 16 December 2014 23:19:30

Groups:

I have to agree Wilfy, these new products are certainly worth looking at for anyone who is into weathering techniques and I think the 'all in one' sets, such as your Luftwaffe ones are a great help? The RLM matched colours sound very good and would certainly save many hours of having to research them yourself I think?

Great stuff Wilf and nothing wrong with shouting out about them if you are really pleased with them - it's very helpful to others to know what works or what should be avoided, so thanks for the heads up mate, much appreciated!! CoolThumpUp

Kev BigGrin
Nemesis
#32 Posted : 16 December 2014 23:35:47

I blinked and this happens!!!Blink BigGrin Awesome stuff!! The prop looks superb!!Drool BigGrin
Wilfy the Sea Dog
#33 Posted : 29 December 2014 16:01:21

Just a small update.

All the decaling now done & sealed in ready for the weathering.

Thanks for looking.

Wilfy
me10.JPG
me11.JPG
me12.JPG
birdaj2
#34 Posted : 29 December 2014 16:08:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Wilfy

Lovely build you have yourself there and what some amazing detail.

Not familiar with the eduard 1:32 scale but looks good.

Hope you have enjoyed your build.

Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Wilfy the Sea Dog
#35 Posted : 29 December 2014 16:09:24

And now a liberal coat of Flory Models Dark Dirt wash has been added.

This is a clay based product & can therefore be cleaned back with a damp paper towel (good quality so it doesn't leave 'bits' everywhere.

As soon as it's fully dry, I'll give it a wipe back.

Thanks for looking.

Wilfy
me13.JPG
me14.JPG
me15.JPG
me16.JPG
jase
#36 Posted : 29 December 2014 17:55:39

Loving this build and thanks for sharing the products and some of your way of working, very interesting and fab results.

Only problem is you will have to do another next year so i can vote for it in the build of the year compLaugh LOL LOL

Cool Cool Cool Love

Jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Wilfy the Sea Dog
#37 Posted : 29 December 2014 18:14:49

Thanks for your comments Tony.

You flatter me Jase Blushing Blushing , will do a full build diary on the kit I start.

Sure there will be many better builds & builders out there running for the Medal.

Thanks again.

Wilfy
Wilfy the Sea Dog
#38 Posted : 29 December 2014 20:12:55

Have now cleaned it back.

Effect on top of fuselage doesn't show too well on the camera, paint is darker & I'm not a good photographer!

Underside shows effect I was after better.

Just need to seal it in add some staining & chipping, then I can fit the engine.

Thanks for looking.

Wilfy
me17.JPG
me18.JPG
me19.JPG
me20.JPG
me21.JPG
me22.JPG
davetwin
#39 Posted : 29 December 2014 20:17:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Love the effect you have achieved on this, will look ace when you have it all finished
Wilfy the Sea Dog
#40 Posted : 29 December 2014 23:25:48

Thanks for your kind comments Dave. I think I might re-do some of the upper fuselage to make it more distinct.

Thanks again.

Wilfy