Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
SotS Build Options
aescleahs
#21 Posted : 02 May 2013 22:41:27

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Reet I've had a new shipment of parts 1-10 and 20-28...
and things are looking far far better :D
the decking is aligned and things fit together far better...i suspect my dry dock was to blame so i may scrap that and rebuild (the keel is curretly dry fitted with all the ribs and decking.
Gandale
#22 Posted : 02 May 2013 23:22:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

aescleahs wrote:
Reet I've had a new shipment of parts 1-10 and 20-28...
and things are looking far far better :D
the decking is aligned and things fit together far better...i suspect my dry dock was to blame so i may scrap that and rebuild (the keel is curretly dry fitted with all the ribs and decking.

Hi Aescleahs, sorry to hear you have had to purchase replacement issues but at least now you are back on the right track.... Take your time in setting up your new dry dock, double check everything and ensure your angled brackets are at 90 degrees.. The jig is a crucial aid to ensuring your keel is kept straight and true on both horizontal and vertical planes... Cool Cool .. Good luck with your build and hope you don't think I'm teaching you how to suck eggs..... BigGrin BigGrin

Best regards

Alan
SennaMentalMe
#23 Posted : 03 May 2013 00:16:43

Groups:

Sorry to hear of your troubles aescleah but nice work sir!!

Kev BigGrin
aescleahs
#24 Posted : 03 May 2013 21:36:08

having never touched a model other then airfix no such thing as sucking eggs...I think i tried to blag the last dry dock using the braces from selco but they wern't quite put in a straight line mre like

- _ -

-_ _

instead of

= = =

so i may use wooden blocks this time save faffing with screws and drills..

think i'm a little odd but quite looking forward to planking this little beauty... so that it looks more like a ship?...think i'm just a glutton for punishment
anyway once i've had chance to settle down and redo my dock i'll put up some pictures
thanks and TTFN
Martyn Ingram
#25 Posted : 03 May 2013 21:45:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Keep up the good work ThumpUp Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
aescleahs
#26 Posted : 20 May 2013 15:46:06

Right, Its been a while since I updated so now that Doctor Who has finished and my work is calming down...I've got some spare time :D
(That said I'm still watching old Doctor who on catch up :D...William Hartnell era!)

Right so sitreep...I've fitted the two lowe decks, and the keel is complete...now i just need to fare the hull and start planking.
I may start the launch first before the planking though sort of a small scale practise if that makes sense.

Here are some pictures not the greatest but hey ho :)

Gandale
#27 Posted : 20 May 2013 21:56:26

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looking good Aescleahs, appears that everything is lining up a lot better now.... Cool Cool .. Well done.... BigGrin BigGrin

Regards

Alan