Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

missing parts Options
pictish ink
#1 Posted : 23 May 2010 22:49:40

Groups: Registered, registriert

is anyone else missing parts from carronade hull or indeed anything else both me and my father chose to subscribe to the victory but now we are starting to wonder .
i am missing 2 eyebolts for the carronade the last 2 needed on the build i was told by customer services to send it back for a new one but it is built and painted only the 2 last eyebolts with wire to complete it how frustrating i am still waiting to hear back about it , my father has just phoned and he is missing a side part for the hull he hasnt opened it because now we know to send back if anything is missing now im sure this must be happening to others out there what do you do Cursing
so heres the situation wait ages for your issues no toolkit as advertised then when you sit down to work parts missing or wrong partsAngry
i hope it gets better :) cant get any worse can it lol

ps i wonder if this post will stay up!!
Jamie
#2 Posted : 24 May 2010 09:28:46

Groups: Registered

Welcome board pictish ink & pictish ink's dad ThumpUp

I don't mean to sound patronising but are you sure the parts are missing??? Because there have been a couple of issues sent out that only have the hull part and no ribs to glue in them and you have to wait till next issue to next the ribs.........just a thought Blink

As for the eyebolts for the carronade.....I haven't even opened mine yet.....I'm going to now though just to check......but I don't recall anyone else missing any from their packs, although some have not used their eyebolts at all and have used size 14 fishing hook eyes instead. So you never know someone might be kind enough to let you have their original eyebolts as they won't be using them BigGrin HINT HINT Wink Flapper

Either way I hope you both get sorted soon and can start enjoying the build and forum as the rest of us are. Oh and we like pictures by the way, lots of pictures BigGrin

I wish I were a glow worm,
A glow worm's never glum,
'Cause how can you be grumpy?
When the sun shines out ya bum!!
pictish ink
#3 Posted : 24 May 2010 14:42:42

Groups: Registered, registriert

oh fishing hooks superb couldnt figure out what i was going to do with that superb :)
well there is definately parts missing i have 2 pins instead of the eyebolts i needed,on my fathers it is a rib on 15 a or b cant remember which one but we are up to 17 :(
you are a savior thanks for the post at least i can get the carronade complete ready for the next task :)
Jamie
#4 Posted : 25 May 2010 10:23:49

BigGrin Glad I could help, although Blushing I can't take the credit for the fishing hook idea I believe it was Capt Stedders who posted that one.

Click HERE and scroll down to post #51 to read what he originally put.

I wish I were a glow worm,
A glow worm's never glum,
'Cause how can you be grumpy?
When the sun shines out ya bum!!
Capt Stedders
#5 Posted : 25 May 2010 11:51:22

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Thanks Jamie.

@ Pictish Ink (and Father).

I echo Jamies welcome and hope that the missing part issue resolves itself quickly.
Schnellboots on back burner

Tools.