Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

28 Pages «<262728
Martyn's SOTS Build Options
Gandale
#541 Posted : 23 June 2015 00:38:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Love the personal touches with the flags Martyn and the toggles just add that little extra special detail... Cool Cool .. Great work on an excellent build.... Look forward to seeing the finished build..

Regards

Alan
Martyn Ingram
#542 Posted : 23 June 2015 10:55:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Thank you all for the bril comments ThumpUp

Last update Crying

I have now finished the build I think Confused

This ship has been one the best experience I have had . Lots of blood sweat and tears but got there in the end and without the help of the people on this bril forum with advice and help I think I would have struggled ThumpUp Still onwards and upwards Cool

I hope you like the pics

Happy building all rgd Martyn
Martyn Ingram attached the following image(s):
IMGP1299.JPG
IMGP1270.JPG
IMGP1271.JPG
IMGP1272.JPG
IMGP1274.JPG
IMGP1275.JPG
IMGP1276.JPG
IMGP1277.JPG
IMGP1278.JPG
IMGP1285.JPG
IMGP1286.JPG
IMGP1280.JPG
IMGP1288.JPG
IMGP1283.JPG
IMGP1295.JPG
IMGP1284.JPG
IMGP1293.JPG
IMGP1289.JPG
IMGP1291.JPG
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
stevie_o
#543 Posted : 23 June 2015 11:09:23

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Martyn Ingram
#544 Posted : 23 June 2015 11:38:23

BigGrin Thank you Steve for the comments m8 BigGrin

I have just ordered some plans for a Norfolk Wherry and hoping to convert it to R/C Confused

Thanks again for looking rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
jonny7england
#545 Posted : 23 June 2015 11:38:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi there Martyn...A big well done on what looks like a really great build mate, a pleasure to look at!! Are you considering a follow up??
Wink ThumpUp
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
Martyn Ingram
#546 Posted : 23 June 2015 11:47:33

BigGrin Thanks Jonny ThumpUp

Hopefully Something R/C Confused what am I doing LOL LOL
Building ?
Next Build ?
nickpink
#547 Posted : 23 June 2015 11:49:52

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi martyn she looks fabulous makes me more determined to finish mine now its a very nice ship Love BigGrin
on the bench soverign of the seas & hms hood , collecting hms victory
davetwin
#548 Posted : 23 June 2015 13:58:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Fantastic work Martyn she looks amazing, a build that you can really be proud of!

What are your plans for displaying it, as this is something I still havent worked out for when I finish my Trinny Confused

ian smith
#549 Posted : 23 June 2015 15:06:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Martyn.
Superp build. she looks stunning, a 24crt build.
Look forward to seeing your next build. IanDrool Drool Drool BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
DSoldano
#550 Posted : 23 June 2015 15:29:44

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Martyn,

Looks incredible. Really nice work.

Dominick

On the Bench: DeAgostini HMS Victory, Moebius Creature From The Black Lagoon
Up Next: We'll See
nightwisher
#551 Posted : 23 June 2015 23:07:47

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Really excellent build Martyn.Have followed your log from the beginning and love all the personal touches you have added.
Man he took his time in the sun
Had a dream to understand
A single grain of sand
He gave birth to poetry
But one day will cease to be
Greet the last light of the library...We were here!
magpie1832
#552 Posted : 24 June 2015 00:03:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

More great pictures of your work of art Martyn. You have done brilliantly on her.
Chris.
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Garth
#553 Posted : 23 September 2015 21:14:19

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Martyn,
Excellent craftsmanship!!! Well done. All the praise is certainly well deserved.
Kind regards,
Garth
"Measure twice, cut once!!!"
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Current build: Black Pearl.
On hold: Bismarck, Golden Hind, Flying Scotsman, Victory Cross Section, SOTS, Tiger 1.
Wish list: USS Constitution.
Broven
#554 Posted : 23 September 2015 22:53:48

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That really is stunning!! Fantastic work!
Love Drool BigGrin
Looking forward to your next build.
Tim Johnson

I came here in peace, seeking gold and slaves. - Jack Handy

Builds: Sovereign of the Seas, Amati Chinese Pirate Junk
Gibbo
#555 Posted : 23 September 2015 23:07:29

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Fantastic build Martyn, congratulations, stunning work.
Regards
Paul
Building: DelPrado HMS Victory. Building: DeAgostini Sovereign Of The Seas.
John Passmore
#556 Posted : 19 December 2018 15:35:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Martyn Ingram wrote:
BigGrin Thank you all for the bril comments Cool

A small update on the bowsprit it is now rigged and the ratlines fitted but not yet fitted to the ship ThumpUp

Thanks for looking in rgd Martyn

Hi Martyn

A lovely build you've got here - superb model - well done mate...BigGrin Now I've found you I'll be looking in for information... thanks also for a great diary...ThumpUp

Regards
JohnP
Martyn Ingram
#557 Posted : 19 December 2018 20:11:42

Cool Thanks for the comments John and fire away with any questions I am only to happy to help Cool
Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?
John Passmore
#558 Posted : 22 December 2018 05:56:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Martyn Ingram wrote:
Cool Thanks for the comments John and fire away with any questions I am only to happy to help Cool
Martyn

Hi Marty

Yeah - I got stuck on Issue 122, item 19. I tied the shrouds over the top of the top truck and it looked like a dog's breakfast!...Blushing So I found your picture on Post #451 which told me everything...BigGrin Cool
I had fitted all the shrouds so had to completely strip and start again...Glare

Thanks for the great help, mate...BigGrin BigGrin

Regards
JohnP