Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
Time to remove Subscription/Delivery Posts from the forum?? Options
SennaMentalMe
#21 Posted : 26 March 2013 01:17:34

Groups:

Gandale wrote:
Think the solution here is straight forward. Where members feel they are not receiving the service they require or deserve from CS then they have the option to PM Admin, Mr T for assistance who we all know will do everything in their power to resolve the issue... Should that port of call fail then I also think members should have the right to air their views to other forum member but only after going through the right channels... Using the forum as a first port of call for any grievance should rightly be discouraged...

Regards

Alan

Hooray!!! Well done Alan!!

I have nothing against frustrated members seeking advice on the forum if all else fails, but the fact is that if a member has already tried CS and failed then it is quite unlikely that either Admin or Tomick would be unable to help instead and therefore such calls for help on the open forum would be very few and far between ... which is fine and perfectly acceptable when the very occasional need arises!!

I'm glad that some are understanding my point and what's more, the rules of the forum!! ThumpUp

Kev BigGrin

court orchard
#22 Posted : 26 March 2013 01:51:56

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi Kev,
Yes you are right and I didn't mean that these posts are nonsense , but that we are all getting bogged down in this 'nonsense'. If DeAg are going to launch a new build then it is inevitable that some people are going to become quite excited at that prospect and therefore a delay of a week or two is going to become a major issue. Why not let them vent their spleen? I have always thought that DeAg were admirable in allowing this on an open Forum. What other Producers encourage/allow this?. Whilst you are right that it distracts from the more interesting posts, DeAgs policy of winding up the Ante on these things is going to result in this kind of Kick-Back.
It's all a mystery to me I find F1 the dullest of sports and cannot for the life of me understand the frenzy, but each to his ownLOL LOL LOL. The thought of a Nitro F1 on our Concrete Yard brings me out in a cold sweat of broken parts and hearts.
Andy

Building:Samurai Armour, SOTS, Victory X-Section, Bismarck, D51
Finished:WW I Bavarian NCO, Caldercraft HM Bark Endeavour FFG 58 Samuel B Roberts,
willz
#23 Posted : 26 March 2013 02:03:26

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I can see the point in complaining and I can see the point in complaining about complaining, but the fact is you will always get moaners, when I read some of the posts I just thank God that I grew up!! WHAT AM I GOING TO DO THE POSTMANS LATE
SennaMentalMe
#24 Posted : 26 March 2013 02:12:33

Groups:

Hello Andy,

Yes, I fully agree with your observation that some people get overly excited about new releases and can't contain their anxiety when things don't happen immediately ... I just wish they would or if they can't then at least don't clog up the forum with their ill-founded (usually) anxiety!!

Heaven knows if it was announced tomorrow that the 1:8 Senna McLaren MP4/4 was being released in the UK next week, I would be the most excited member on this forum and yes I would be a little anxious that it all happens as it should, but having watched quite a few new releases happen in my time on MS, I know that they have all done what was said on the tin and parts will eventually arrive with more and more regularity and on time, once they have had time to settle after the initial rush!!

Each to their own as you say, and believe it or not I agree with you about the R/C Red Bull - I think there will be quite a few broken parts and hearts too and spending all that money to wang it around a car park is definitely not my cup of tea even though I like F1, but ... each to their own!!

Though I still think people should observe the rules with regards to CS complaints procedure!! LOL LOL LOL

Kev BigGrin
court orchard
#25 Posted : 26 March 2013 02:22:43

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

At the end of the Day, Hats Off to DeAg, for giving us the opportunity to build these top of the range models at a realistic budget.BigGrin BigGrin
Andy

Building:Samurai Armour, SOTS, Victory X-Section, Bismarck, D51
Finished:WW I Bavarian NCO, Caldercraft HM Bark Endeavour FFG 58 Samuel B Roberts,
max50
#26 Posted : 26 March 2013 09:57:16

I'm just wondering how many people read "Use of the forum" when they first join. People are in so many forums that they may just skip it, and don't read the instructions about contacting CS first with any problems.The first post when joining a forum; if it says "New subscribers read this", i always read.
I know when i took out the Victory subs,i'd been viewing the forum for a year,and read peoples moans on deliveries. I said to myself,you've read the posts, just wait, don't be impatient, and they will come. Which they always have. Thanks DeAg.
Maybe there should be a "New partwork subscribers.Read this" post. Puting what to expect. I expected to wait a month or more for my first issues,which they did,and also a month for my copper tiles and paints. I new what to expect, so didn't get frustrated.
Last issues 46 - 50 - 'Sent 7th March' ; delivered 8th March. Thanks DeAg.

Mal.
Mal.

Built:

Caldercraft - HM Cutter Sherbourne.
andysod
#27 Posted : 15 December 2013 07:09:00

I am a late comer to this topic and a newbie on the forum. My first subscription from de-ag is the spitfire. Now I have had 3 broken issues out of 4 surely it cant be a bad thing or against the rules to point this out on the forum and more importantly to enquire as to whether I am the only one experiencing these problems or whether other people are. At least this way if there are numerous people having the same problem we will know and we can petition de-ag for a solution. Without this forum and the ability to post such problems there is no way of knowing how many people are affected, just my five pennys worth. regards
jase
#28 Posted : 15 December 2013 10:26:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

andysod wrote:
I am a late comer to this topic and a newbie on the forum. My first subscription from de-ag is the spitfire. Now I have had 3 broken issues out of 4 surely it cant be a bad thing or against the rules to point this out on the forum and more importantly to enquire as to whether I am the only one experiencing these problems or whether other people are. At least this way if there are numerous people having the same problem we will know and we can petition de-ag for a solution. Without this forum and the ability to post such problems there is no way of knowing how many people are affected, just my five pennys worth. regards

As you will see the first post was in March and the thread is still open for all to see. I think the point is we all want to help with general enquires and crus for help. But many forum members get a bit fed up with a tiny minority who just pop up once in a while to have a moan about something and never contribute anything else to the forum.

Jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
allanc62
#29 Posted : 15 December 2013 10:56:25

Groups:

To my mind the forum is not a place to moan about delivery and quality issues.
These problems should be resolved directly with customer services.
I have experienced a couple of problems and CS dealt with them efficiently.
A while back due to the attitude of several members of the forum I decided to leave it and as such I only logged in as a guest.
I felt the forum was becoming to political in as much there was a lot of backbiting and bad feeling.
But over the past few months there seems to have been a change for the better, where the majority of the posts are directed to what we the members originally joined this forum for.
jase
#30 Posted : 15 December 2013 11:23:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

allanc62 wrote:
A while back due to the attitude of several members of the forum I decided to leave it and as such I only logged in as a guest.
I felt the forum was becoming to political in as much there was a lot of backbiting and bad feeling.
But over the past few months there seems to have been a change for the better, where the majority of the posts are directed to what we the members originally joined this forum for.

Nice to see you back on the forum. I agree Forum is much more settled now (holding lump of wood BigGrin )
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Tomick
#31 Posted : 15 December 2013 11:39:50

Groups:

allanc62 wrote:

Good to have you back Allan and glad you have noticed the change for the better, because others were feeling the same about certain individuals who chose to grind axes rather than use the forum for what it is intended.

Marcel
#32 Posted : 15 February 2014 09:24:59

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

As a member of this forum living outside the UK, I do not have the privilege of complaining to Mr T to help me resolve my problems regarding bad service. I have to take it onto myself to go through all the channels to find a solution of a certain matter.

I truly believe that this forum is for modelling discussions only and not to resolve CS problems. I joined this forum to enjoy other members build. Here I find info needed to progress with my build.
"Rather try and fail than had failed to try".

Sovereign of the Seas

Model Space forum: Marcel's build
Tomick
#33 Posted : 15 February 2014 09:43:22

Groups:

If you have probelms with service and c/s are not helping you, you can send a PM to Admin who will be able to assist.
Sinbad
#34 Posted : 02 March 2014 19:02:07

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution

It's really interesting reading some of these old posts. I had a little chuckle reading a moan about people moaning. The whole thing just turned into a 'moanfest.' Laugh
Supaheli
#35 Posted : 12 June 2014 13:00:18

Sinbad wrote:
It's really interesting reading some of these old posts. I had a little chuckle reading a moan about people moaning. The whole thing just turned into a 'moanfest.' Laugh
from what ive seen I would of said watching a bunch of grow ups fight in here was way out there and would certainly be frowned upon by the inexperienced people...but moanfest will do.
Supaheli