Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

17 Pages «<89101112>»
Movie version Surprise by Johncal Options
Tomick
#181 Posted : 23 July 2016 20:36:48

Groups:

A true model craftsman and a stunning build, you should enter for Modeller of the Month!
http://forum.model-space...spx?g=posts&t=20390
johncal
#182 Posted : 28 July 2016 02:30:57

Outstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

There wasn't much going on in the forum and I was kind of bored, so I broke out the good camera and took a few quick night time pics. Hope you enjoy.

Martyn Ingram
#183 Posted : 28 July 2016 06:21:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Well what can I say but WOW . Stunning looking pictures of a stunning looking ship

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
magpie1832
#184 Posted : 28 July 2016 11:35:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looks great all lit up at night. Adds a better dimension to the build.
Chris
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

jase
#185 Posted : 28 July 2016 13:06:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Fantastic, one of the best builds on the forum

jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
davetwin
#186 Posted : 28 July 2016 16:45:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Amazing!!

It looks almost real in those pictures. Just needs a little smoke now for extra atmosphere
BarryM
#187 Posted : 28 July 2016 17:33:29

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

If you look really close you'll see them launching the decoy raft......
There's no time like the present.....
arpurchase
#188 Posted : 28 July 2016 20:29:16

The lights certainly set her off
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Nemesis
#189 Posted : 28 July 2016 22:11:32

Just when we thought it couldn't get any better, you take night time pictures!! I have run out of things to say, so I am just going to sit here and sigh many times whilst wiping drool from my chin!! You are a master at your craft sir!
Gandale
#190 Posted : 28 July 2016 22:35:34

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Truly a work of art in all aspects.... simply fabulous....

Regards

Alan
delboy271155
#191 Posted : 28 July 2016 22:42:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Truely amazing pictures. In a strange sort of way they actually seem eerie by their ghostly appearence.

WTG

Best I`ve seen anywhere.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Gibbo
#192 Posted : 28 July 2016 22:46:23

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

A truly stunning build, a real inspiration, i cant wait to see it in its case.
Regards
Paul
Building: DelPrado HMS Victory. Building: DeAgostini Sovereign Of The Seas.
johncal
#193 Posted : 28 July 2016 22:56:09

Outstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

delboy271155 wrote:
Truely amazing pictures. In a strange sort of way they actually seem eerie by their ghostly appearence.

WTG

Best I`ve seen anywhere.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

When I walk by the room at night and it's lit up, it is a bit eerie. It definitely is ghostly. But it's also cool when you see all the lanterns flickering. It really makes you think your out on a calm sea over 200 years ago.

BTW, I really also appreciate the comments guys. I'm just pushing as hard as I can. Everyone's encouragement has been very motivational. I am almost done with the Fore Topsail. I will be posting pics soon.

Thanks!
johncal
#194 Posted : 29 July 2016 16:26:23

Hey Guys,

I just finished the Fore Topsail installation so I wanted to put some photos up online. It's definitely getting to be more crowded all the time with all the lines, but to be quite honest it's not as bad as I thought it might be. Like I said before, I'm glad I'm using that very strong rope as I can just shove things out of the way and it doesn't bother anything.

I've also been showing some deck level photos to give an idea of how the pin rails are starting to fill up. Only 3 more sails to go and then I can start doing touch up work. The bigger pain in the butt will be making up and installing hundreds of rope coils. I can hardly wait. Should look pretty cool at deck level when that's all done though. I really have to get a good plan and technique for that as I want it as perfect as possible. So far I haven't seen anything online that could help. Everything is either not accurate, or takes a longer time to make that I am willing to spend. I guess I'll just have to figure something out.

Anyways, I'm starting a new job on Monday so it is possible updates will be slowing down for a while. I need to keep my priorities straight.

Also, I could still use some help if any of you guys know where I can find some 1/4 scale period accurate figurines. I have had no luck at all in my search.

Gandale
#195 Posted : 29 July 2016 23:22:30

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Nothing short of stunning......

Regards

Alan
davetwin
#196 Posted : 30 July 2016 13:29:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

It just keeps getting better and better

Outstandingly job!
johncal
#197 Posted : 30 July 2016 22:54:17

This should have been a simple project but turned into a 4 hour ordeal to get it the way I wanted it. Believe me, adding the flag staff was no easy task with everything already being crammed in there.

Notice the small piece of Stainless Steel wire coming out of the block. It is CA glued to the flag to keep it "blowing in the wind" in the right direction.I guess you just never know what kind of problems you'll run into.

Martyn Ingram
#198 Posted : 31 July 2016 06:50:01

Stunning work as always John lovely job

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
johncal
#199 Posted : 07 August 2016 20:01:06

Here's another update. Just finished the Mizzen Topgallant Yard & Sail. I had to do a lot of research to get this one to work. The rigging on the Movie Version is a bit convoluted and it's single vs Double lines for the braces and lifts whereas it's all doubled back for the Fore and Main Topgallants. Also, because none of the photos anywhere online show you the braces for the Fore and Mains, I'm going to have to use my Period Ship rigging book as a guide when I do those.

One thing I've learned however is that while there are general guides and rules based on the year of the ship, there are a lot of variables as to how the ships were rigged and it was constantly changing. There's really nothing hard and fast, and as long as you follow the general guidelines for the period, there's an awful lot of leeway as to how you rig it. There is a lot of commonality however, and definite ways things were done, but a lot of variation within that set way, if you know what I am getting at.

I would dare say, that there are many ways you could rig this and it would be acceptable.

Gandale
#200 Posted : 07 August 2016 22:40:22

Stunning, simply stunning...

Regards

Alan