Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages <123
AK's Samurai Armour Build Options
Gandale
#41 Posted : 05 June 2013 00:10:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

court orchard wrote:
Gandale wrote:
Very nice indeed Andy...BigGrin BigGrin .. I do enjoy following your work no matter what your are building..... Well done.... BigGrin BigGrin

Regards

Alan

Thanks Alan, I noticed you've decided to add the Santissima Trinidad to your Fleet, she looks a beauty.

Hi Andy and yes I have decided to subscribe to the Trinidad, love the look of this ship but it is just another to be held in storage for a while... Also tried to suscribe to Hatchets Hood but they are no longer allowing subscriptions from issue 1, only allowing from issue 74. Thought about buying all the issues outright but only to find about 6 of the early issues are out of stock and they cannot say if they will ever be in stock again.... Looks like I have missed out on that one which is such a pity... Still, many more I have my eyes on....BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin .. Hope to see your progress on this build very soon...

Best regards

Alan
court orchard
#42 Posted : 11 June 2013 16:41:12

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

I have a dispatch date of Tomorrow the 12th for Pack 2 BigGrin
Andy

Building:Samurai Armour, SOTS, Victory X-Section, Bismarck, D51
Finished:WW I Bavarian NCO, Caldercraft HM Bark Endeavour FFG 58 Samuel B Roberts,
court orchard
#43 Posted : 14 July 2013 12:53:22

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

OooopsGlare
Just realised that I have been sent two of Pack 9 and no Pack 11. Does that mean there's someone out there with 2 11s and no 9Blink
Oh well, I shall have to phone CS tomorrowBored.
Andy

Finished:WW I Bavarian NCO, Caldercraft HM Bark Endeavour FFG 58 Samuel B Roberts,
arpurchase
#44 Posted : 14 July 2013 21:20:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Andy
Sorry to hear about the misfortuneCrying and hope the replacement arrives speedily
regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gandale
#45 Posted : 14 July 2013 23:53:53

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Andy, hope your chat with CS resolves your issue quickly and enable you t continue your build without too much delay....Cool Cool

Best regards

Alan
court orchard
#46 Posted : 15 July 2013 12:16:18

Thanks Andy & Alan.

I have just undergone the trial of speaking to CS. She couldn't understand me and I couldn't understand her. But after explaining the problem in single syllables four times and several long holdsGlare Glare, a result was achieved, I hopeBlink. It seems I will receive the whole of shipment 3 again, which is apparently the only way they can give me a pack 11, which will give me 3 of pack 9Confused. On the plus side lots of spare Tasset plates and a spare stand to experiment on with finishesBigGrin.
Andy

Gandale
#47 Posted : 16 July 2013 23:42:58

Hi Andy, hope you did get it sorted out even though it appeared to be a bit of an ordeal... Blink Blink .. Hopefully you will still be able to continue at least up to issue 11..... Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
court orchard
#48 Posted : 17 July 2013 09:01:18

Gandale wrote:
Hi Andy, hope you did get it sorted out even though it appeared to be a bit of an ordeal... Blink Blink .. Hopefully you will still be able to continue at least up to issue 11..... Cool Cool

Regards

Alan

Thanks Alan I'm sure it wil be sorted in the usual 14-28 days.
it's quite annoying to have to deal with people who's command of English is poor, especially when some of these issues can be quite complicated, I could be very cynical and see it as a deliberate ploy to extend the 0845 phone bill. The other thing that's mad is the fact that I have to have a whole third delivery, seems an awful waste.
BigGrin BigGrin But the Sun has got his hat on, so who cares, as long as the replacement turns up in due courseBigGrin BigGrin
Andy

snapdragon
#49 Posted : 17 July 2013 12:29:58

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Good luck with that.

You should know that the customer services are in South Africa. This means that you have to deal with a South African Accent! I think that it is a fantastic accent and also they may have a problem with your accent too!

I do know that my last "brush" with CS I spoke to a lovely lady and we both spent a little time laughing at misunderstandings due to our respective accents (mine is a very broad Yorkshire one!) Eventually we both put on our best "posh" speaking voices and got along fine and solved the problem!

"Ay-up!" in Yorkshire can mean lots of different things, but totally non-plusses the CS service!

BigGrin

JAmes
court orchard
#50 Posted : 17 July 2013 23:22:06

Interesting point James, but my Wife is South African. So I have no trouble understanding a South African accent.........oh hang on that could explain a lotLOL LOL LOL
Andy

snapdragon
#51 Posted : 18 July 2013 12:18:44

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

This explains the frequent "brush with a handbag, plate, ornaments etc that come wizzing your way.

When it comes to women the thing that most frightens me is the silences!

This usually means that I have just got something really wrong and I am going to have an encounter with a loaded handbag at point plank range and warp speed!

This is why the local caualty department know me very well as either needing my heart monitoring or an icepack, stitches and some pain relief!

This probably accounts for me still being single! LOL LOL LOL

My Late fiance was a fabulous lady who once a month made Ghengis Kahn look like a Red Cross Volunteer! Blink
court orchard
#52 Posted : 31 July 2013 11:56:07

Well today my part 11 turned up as promisedBigGrin
But as they said I also have another part 9, 10 and 12, plenty of spare parts then.
Unfortunately since mid to late June my modelling has been curtailed by the return of a serious medical condition, which to to describe as extremely painful would be something of an understatement. Currently the pain is under control with heavy duty medication, but the side effect of this is an inability to concentrate, forgetfulness and drowsiness. So I've been staying away from the models, to avoid any mess ups. I'm now scheduled for surgery mid August after which I should be able to ramp down the meds and get back to it. By this time parts 13, 14, 15 and 16 will have probably turned up so I'll have some serious catching up to do.Blink Blink
Andy

Tomick
#53 Posted : 31 July 2013 12:42:15

Groups:

Sorry to hear your unwell Andy. Hopefully you'll be back at it before you know it!
arpurchase
#54 Posted : 31 July 2013 15:37:05

BigGrin Hi Andy
Get well soon m8 and good luck with the op
regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Dontshootme
#55 Posted : 31 July 2013 18:31:39

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Good luck with the op Andy.
Rob Nolli Illigitimi Carborundum!!!
Current Builds:HMS Victory,SV Thermopylae
Gandale
#56 Posted : 31 July 2013 22:22:21

Hi Andy, so sorry to hear you are ill m8...Crying Crying .. Sincerely hope the op goes well for you and you end up back to your old self.... missing your diaries and of course the pics of all you builds... Huh Huh .. Wishing you a very speedy recovery ....BigGrin BigGrin

Best regards

Alan
court orchard
#57 Posted : 03 August 2013 11:06:44

Thanks Guys. BigGrin BigGrin
Andy

Gandale
#58 Posted : 22 August 2013 23:33:38

Hi Andy, sincerely hope your recovery is progressing well and you will be back to your building very very soon..... you take care....BigGrin BigGrin

Regards

Alan
court orchard
#59 Posted : 23 August 2013 01:12:41

Gandale wrote:
Hi Andy, sincerely hope your recovery is progressing well and you will be back to your building very very soon..... you take care....BigGrin BigGrin

Regards

Alan

That's very kind AlanBigGrin BigGrin
I had surgery 9 days ago which went well, I was told, and I am now just about off the heavy duty medication. I have been working on the SOTS and will be posting an update next week hopefully.
Might even treat myself to a Beer tomorrow, first one since January Drool
Thanks again for your kind wishesBigGrin BigGrin
Andy

Gandale
#60 Posted : 23 August 2013 19:05:13

court orchard wrote:
Gandale wrote:

Regards

Alan

That's very kind AlanBigGrin BigGrin
I had surgery 9 days ago which went well, I was told, and I am now just about off the heavy duty medication. I have been working on the SOTS and will be posting an update next week hopefully.
Might even treat myself to a Beer tomorrow, first one since January Drool
Thanks again for your kind wishesBigGrin BigGrin

Hi Andy, that's great news for you.... you just concentrate on getting better, the models are simply that... models.... and will be there waiting for you when you have fully recovered.... Cool Cool .. Thoughts are with you my friend...BigGrin BigGrin

Regards

Alan