Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Eduards' New Tooled Spitfire Mk IXC (Late) Options
Wilfy the Sea Dog
#1 Posted : 12 April 2013 22:14:25

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

I just love the Spitfire & am prone to buying almost every kit of her out there!

This kit was realeased on 01/04/13 & I received mine this weds direct from factory.

Not a huge parts count, only 4 sprues + one clear & a small etch to cover the cockpit.

Decals supplied for six different varients & all are clear & in register.

Moulding looks fantastic, nice in scale panel lines & lots & lots of rivets!

Following are some pics of the sprues, you can't see much deatil but it will give you a general idea.

Wilfy
Wilfy the Sea Dog attached the following image(s):
boxtop.JPG
sprue 1.JPG
sprue 2.JPG
sprue 3.JPG
sprue 4.JPG
Wilfy the Sea Dog
#2 Posted : 12 April 2013 22:17:13

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

What I do like about this release is the fact that Eduard have made optional extras available immediately.

1. Cockpit etch update.
etch cockpit update.JPG
Wilfy the Sea Dog
#3 Posted : 12 April 2013 22:18:04

and 2:

Etch landing flaps.
landing flaps.JPG
Wilfy the Sea Dog
#4 Posted : 12 April 2013 22:22:15

and 3:

Etch access panels. Not sure about this one, the items on right of pic are templates to help you remove the moulded in panels & replace with the etch items. Will give nice detail for some of the smaller panels & great if you have interior detail & want to leave the larger panels open.

I believe there are plans afoot for Eduard to release full wong gun detail sets & a resin engine, so this may well be the idea behind this set.
access panels.JPG
Wilfy the Sea Dog
#5 Posted : 12 April 2013 22:23:54

4. Now the resin!

Nice wheel set, nothing spectacular, but is very cleanly cast & looks the part.
resin wheels.JPG
Wilfy the Sea Dog
#6 Posted : 12 April 2013 22:25:05

5 Resin fishtail exhausts.

Again nicely done & better than moulded styrene.
resin fishtail exhauts.JPG
Wilfy the Sea Dog
#7 Posted : 12 April 2013 22:28:57

6. My Favorite, the cockpit update! This is just sublime, full of detail & suberbly moulded. Will take a bit of care with the paintbrush though!

My pic only shows about half of what is included. I feel that on a model aeroplane the most important aspect is the cockpit, it's where everyones eyes are drawn, so just has to be done well.

Ok, with the additions it becomes a bit of a pricey kit for 1/48 scale, cost me about 108 Euros for the lot but it is a lovely set.
resin cockpit update.JPG
pic resin cockpit.JPG
Nemesis
#8 Posted : 12 April 2013 22:29:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Eduard do seem to make some excellent kits. I have a mid version Hetzer by them and It is one of the best kits in my stash. Looking forward to seeing a build of this underway!!BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
arpurchase
#9 Posted : 12 April 2013 22:30:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Wilfy
Looks a nicely detailed kit and plenty of etch to keep you going too
regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Wilfy the Sea Dog
#10 Posted : 12 April 2013 22:37:48

Couple of close up pics of the sidewalls. Forgive the crap photography!.
resin sidewall 1.JPG
resin sidewall 2.JPG
Wilfy the Sea Dog
#11 Posted : 12 April 2013 22:40:24

Thanks for looking guys.

I don't know when I'll build her though, think I'm turning into a collector rather than a modeller these days!.

Wilfy
Nemesis
#12 Posted : 12 April 2013 22:43:44

Wilfy the Sea Dog wrote:
Thanks for looking guys.

I don't know when I'll build her though, think I'm turning into a collector rather than a modeller these days!.

Wilfy

That happens to us all matey!!LOL LOL I seem to buy more than I build, I now have 203 kits in my stash and 4 more on the way, plus the new loco from Deag and the Tiger part work!!LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
SennaMentalMe
#13 Posted : 12 April 2013 22:45:46

Groups:

Very nice Will and you can't beat building a Spitfire!! That's gonna be a beautiful model when finished and looking forward to seeing your build - it should go nice with your Eduard Messerschmidt - or was that someone elses build? Confused BigGrin

Kev BigGrin
Wilfy the Sea Dog
#14 Posted : 12 April 2013 23:06:23

Nem, & I thought I was bad! I only have about 130 altough 1/2 dozen of them are partworks including the Tiger. I bought 3 of the Eduard spitfire kits, 1 complete with everything & 2 of what they call 'overtrees' come in a plain box with no instructions or decals but are very cheap & already have instructions and enou8gh decals so want to build 3 varients.

Hi kev, thanks for looking, Messerschmidt is mine but 1/32 so will overshadow the spit a little, until I build my Tamiya one. Confused

Think I need to do a carboot!

Wilfy