Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Superb D51 Reference Video!! Options
SennaMentalMe
#1 Posted : 13 April 2013 18:33:01

Groups:

Check out this brilliant 9 mins+ video of the D51 - a real pot of gold for all those who wish to add detail to their builds!! It's certainly got me salivating!!

Be sure to watch it right the way through:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XUC5BE-0iQ

I don't think you'll be disappointed!!WinkThumpUp

Kev BigGrin
Nemesis
#2 Posted : 13 April 2013 18:44:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Very nice find Kev.BigGrin I can see loads of super detailing coming up!!BigGrin BigGrin
SennaMentalMe
#3 Posted : 13 April 2013 18:59:11

Groups:

Nemesis wrote:
Very nice find Kev.BigGrin I can see loads of super detailing coming up!!BigGrin BigGrin

Ooooh yesss!! I won't be able to resist!! WinkWink

Just found this one as well of a footplate ride on a D51 Simulator in Japan. Shows some very useful details of all the knobs and whistles AND the gauges on the footplate - just for you Daran, as I know you mentioned upgrading the gauges, though I'd be surprised if the model doesn't come with gauge faces!! I suspect that the model in the release photos is just a prototype? I hope!! ThumpUp

Look out for the bit at 7 mins 15 secs, where they open the doors to the firebox, which I believe is a feature on our model with some lighting inside it to simulate the fire - very useful footage!!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDiAJuM9I8E

That is video 2/2 by the same guy but I've watched the first one (just over 6 mins long) and it just seems to be a shortened version of the second without the firebox footage?

Kev BigGrin

Nemesis
#4 Posted : 13 April 2013 19:03:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Drool Drool Drool Drool Cant wait to get started now!!BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
Tomick
#5 Posted : 14 April 2013 15:45:15

Groups:

Nice find Kev, some images in this link of the actual #200 loco which the model is a replica of and has the same number plate.

http://www1.odn.ne.jp/~cah22900/uslmD51200.htm

For those that intend to model the loco in another guise which has a different number, then this company may be abale to assist in providing a photo-etched brass number plate, of the number you want, which appears on the smoke box door, cab doors and back of the tender..

http://www.severnmillnameplates.co.uk/index.htm
Nemesis
#6 Posted : 14 April 2013 15:50:56

Nice finds Mr T!! I will be ordering some name plates so I cam use a different paint scheme!!BigGrin BigGrin
Trotsky
#7 Posted : 16 April 2013 16:18:08

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I have found it handy to download the "you tube" clip play it on VCL media player and use the snapshop facility...giving any amount of stills for future reference...have checked and all appears legal ...
H.M.S Victory
H.M.S Victory X Section
H.M.S Surprise under the bench
D-51