Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

E-type Jag left rusting Options
Tomick
#1 Posted : 18 April 2013 09:20:54

Groups:

Heinzy
#2 Posted : 18 April 2013 11:37:56

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Shame it's not the 4.2ltr

Funny because I was watching Mark Evan's A car is reborn the other night on dvd

I love how that came out in the end Cool

I love that new F-Type too, that will definately be a future classic!
roymattblack
#3 Posted : 18 April 2013 20:21:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Did anyone see that appalling series on tv a year-ish ago, with the two London MORONS bodging up classic cars and 'claiming' they were restored?????
I watched the one regarding the E Type coupe with growing horror as the episode went on....
Filler, dodgy used parts - odd bits of old pipe to make an exhaust - and then LEAVE the hideous glass sunroof!
And they had the nerve to offer the car as a prize!!!
Within a few years it would need a REAL restoration!!!

A shameful program.

Roy.
Nemesis
#4 Posted : 18 April 2013 23:17:19

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Many moons ago I helped my uncle restore a V12 E-Type soft top in better condition than the pics, and it took 4 years and many thousands of pounds. He still has it, and it is in showroom condition. It lives in a heated garage, only comes out on sunny days and has 27,000 miles on the clock!! It has won many shows. Its in old English white with the red leather interior and walnut dash. I remember sitting in the garden cleaning all the spokes for the wire wheels!!!!Blink Blink BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
roymattblack
#5 Posted : 01 May 2013 09:23:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

My retirement is looming - July - YAYYYYYY.....!!!
My 'little' retirement present to myself is a V12 E-Type coupe or a DB7.
Neither will get heavy use and up until only a few years ago it had always been the E-Type.
Then I got an XK8 and have been reminded countless times how similar to the DB7 it is both externally and internally.
I love my XK and have looked at a few DB7's - can't decide now.....
The E-Type is a timeless classic, but the DB7 is a tad more practical for a 58 year old who doesn't fiddle with cars as much as he used to.

Choices.........

Roy.
Nemesis
#6 Posted : 01 May 2013 10:12:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

E-TYPE!!!!!!!! ya know ya wanna!!!!LOL LOL LOL LOL
Heinzy
#7 Posted : 01 May 2013 10:27:48

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I agree with Daran there Roy, It's got to be the E Type!
Dontshootme
#8 Posted : 01 May 2013 20:02:39

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

E-type every day of the week......unless of course you happen to be of the "cuddly" persuasion ...then there is a bit of a problemBlushing
Rob Nolli Illigitimi Carborundum!!!
Current Builds:HMS Victory,SV Thermopylae