Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Launch Jig "ERROR" Options
birdaj2
#1 Posted : 31 May 2010 15:54:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

I have just finished putting to the Launch jig and have dry fitted a plank to check for fit.

What I have found is that the "Scrap" wood (the square bits on each frame - not the actual ribs we will be left with) are higher on frames 9 and 12 meaning that the plank sits higher on these 2 points and does not touch the tops of the other frames.

All of the frames are i the correct numbered slots and all of the frames are inserted fully into the jig.

Has anyone else encountered this problem please?

KR

AJB
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Mike Turpin
#2 Posted : 31 May 2010 16:28:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month

Hi AJB

Welcome to the mad mad world of Victory!

You will find that the jig does vary a little which isn't surprising considering it is mass production of wooden bits.

You will need to sand down those parts of the frame which will form the ribs, in order to ensure that all planks lay naturally onto them.

If you haven't seen it already Launch Construction might help in sorting out your launch. Also check with the official Victory build posted by Tomick.

Mike T
snowtiger
#3 Posted : 31 May 2010 16:51:33

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

It's pretty mad when "instructions" are moer like guide lines...when i started building the lancaster the dvd said ....once assembled paint the nose part green...(it did not say what shade of green) but paint it green anyway....then 34 issues later.,....you paint it black....Confused Confused Confused

the best instructions you can get ....is on here.... off the experienced model ship builders....*doffs cap to those in the know".....who can point you in the right directionBigGrin BigGrin BigGrin