Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages <1234>»
going to have a go Options
Jonny Shoreboy
#21 Posted : 03 March 2010 15:29:57

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

jinks8 wrote:
Thanks Hoover just waiting for admin to get back to me about some wood bits that wear not up to a usable standard and possible one part not sent tried to send him a PM but his in box was full hope to hear from him soon. If any one is trying to build this ship to sail sticking things on to a painted surface is not a good idea as the paint creates a week spot it has not got the strength as a metal glue metal contact as I have found out. Sum bit have to be glued on to paint it is unavoidable but keep it to as few pieces as possible hoop admin is not long in getting back to me Blink Confused JJ

Look for my "Attention Admin" post. I have been trying to PM him for well over a week now with no luck at all. Maybe if you through your weight in behind my request Admin will actually do something about his in box.Mad
jinks8
#22 Posted : 08 March 2010 04:04:56

got a bit more done to tower and Strengthened the stern thinking about the Steering
4 motors set up on a mixer you should not nead the ruder to steer you can use the motors
had sum prob,s in the base not same thicknes but got over that by sanding a lot(admin sorry for the mix up but i can be so thick sum times hope to hear from you soon over the other bits) well that is all for now will poast when i get more dun PS dont be to hard on addmin he is probely a bizy man that is if he is a man and not a lady you never know by email and pm,s so go esey on him . jjinks
Hoover
#23 Posted : 08 March 2010 09:51:00

Groups:

Are the brass gun barrels part of the kit or are they aftermarket? Drool
jinks8
#24 Posted : 08 March 2010 11:49:15

Part of the kit the quality of the metal bits so far is very good the small peaces could be better but at this scale it would be hard to get a lot of detail on to them Blink Cool
jj44
#25 Posted : 15 March 2010 15:02:05

Drool

WOW, drilling out the windows is amaizing. I tried painting mine (see my build in same forum) and they look OK from a distance but pretty messy when you get close up.

Don't know if Ive got time to drill them all out though. I dont have much spare time so need to keep going at a good pace.

jinks8
#26 Posted : 15 March 2010 20:25:18

It took a long time to do them that metel is !"!!! hard thanks just a waiting replacement bits so i can get on a bit moor jj
jj44
#27 Posted : 18 March 2010 11:34:04

How many windows does one bit do?????
jinks8
#28 Posted : 19 March 2010 16:31:06

Just 2 but different sizes it was the needle files that were the problem kept braking the tips off them
Had to bye a new set. Drill them out using the biggest drillTo fit windows I did it by hand you have more control that way the hard bit is filing to get them square as about 1/8in the file fit’s the hole to start whith so one twist to hard and snap alot offCursing Cursing but Laugh and a bigBigGrin in the end

jinks8
#29 Posted : 24 March 2010 18:28:23

Just sent Tomick a pm about the extra pieces he has got these are the bracing’s for the stern as we have not got them yet are we suppose to have them or do we get them later in the next part. GOOD TO HAVE THE BUILD UP AND RUNNING Confused JJ
Tomick
#30 Posted : 24 March 2010 22:08:13

Groups:

Hi jinks8, you'll be receiving these parts in the next batches along with the start of the planking.
I'm ploughing on with the Hull, and will then tackle the Superstructure etc, all coming together real nice so far, and just going to build as per the parts supplied and without any mods.

Sounds like your going to have a real tasty model when your done, keep up the good work Drool
jinks8
#31 Posted : 25 March 2010 04:37:15

thanks hope so good luck yours is looking good so far keep up the good work jj
jinks8
#32 Posted : 25 March 2010 19:33:39

just got this from De Agostini sent email around 2 or 3 weeks ago have sent relivent info so should hear back from them soon i hope

Thank you for your query. Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in responding.

Can you please specify the part numbers that are either too thick or are missing? As soon as I have this information, I will be able to replace the parts for you.

Sincerely

Brigette Ford

Customer Care

The following question has been received:

AFK_Matrix
#33 Posted : 27 March 2010 19:41:05

Hi,

I have now recieved my first batch of parts for the Yamato and have a few questions.

I am assuming you didn't get the mettal gun and control tower with your first issue? As all I have for my first delivery is wooden parts in plastic bags? It says I have Yamato 01 and 02 so maybe the metal comes in 03 and 04?

Also how long after delivery did you get the email with the instructions in? Do you have to go and download it somewhere or something?
Tomick
#34 Posted : 27 March 2010 22:06:44

Groups:

Hi AFK, you certainly should have metal parts in 1 & 2, and the instructions you should have received via email about the same time your parts arrived. I suggest you contact customer service or admin.
AFK_Matrix
#35 Posted : 27 March 2010 23:35:19

Hi Tomick,

After taking another look it seems as though I only got a package called DECI 0002 Yamato 2 which I assume is the second packet, so I am missing the first packet?? I will go check my post box tomorrow but it was the actual postman who dropped this packet off.

Does the first and second packets come seperately? Is there anywhere I can see what I should have recieved in my first delivery?

Thanks.
jinks8
#36 Posted : 28 March 2010 12:28:48

AFK_Matrix wrote:
Hi,

I have now recieved my first batch of parts for the Yamato and have a few questions.

I am assuming you didn't get the mettal gun and control tower with your first issue? As all I have for my first delivery is wooden parts in plastic bags? It says I have Yamato 01 and 02 so maybe the metal comes in 03 and 04?

Also how long after delivery did you get the email with the instructions in? Do you have to go and download it somewhere or something?

If you got my em you will see the guns and tower came in the first part had em from DeAostini saying parts 3&4 will be posted this week that was on the 25 march so should be hear soon the em sort of got lost as it was to big for my in box but adini sorted it out got it in 3 difrent em hope this will help jjBigGrin
jinks8
#37 Posted : 31 March 2010 03:33:45

Got mext build parts and started to build agane sum nice Etched brass bits for radar
but still not got missing parts yet so had to start plankin from stern and no bow as per build. Got first 2 motors yester day will post pic,s assp
jinks8
#38 Posted : 01 April 2010 00:15:58

To start this set first the motors and set up the motors may be micro but they are powerful 1 ore 2 more bits to put in but you can get the jist of things. Next the fram work and plankig and sume of the cast stuf well 1 bit of the cast thought i had taken more will get more pics later see you soon PS it will be the first time i have used this typ of motor as the maine power for a model jjLOL BigGrin
jinks8
#39 Posted : 13 April 2010 22:46:37

Still waiting for parts have bean promised them in 14 to 28 days hope they do come and are not to long
jinks8
#40 Posted : 21 April 2010 15:23:27

got this em from them ear: Mr Jenkinson

Subject:

Thank you for your correspondence.

I wish to confirm that we have ordered replacements for the below, please be advised that we can’t replace the individual parts therefore the the issues will be replaced so that you may obtain the missing and damaged part.

Kindly allow 14-28 days for delivery.

Should you require further assistance, please do not hestitate to contact us directly.

Kind Regards

Sharlotte Botha

Customer Care Consultant.

Did you know you can view your account online? In addition to this, most of the questions you have regarding your account can be answered online. Follow the link to open up a new way of keeping in touch with your subscription.

http://www.deagostini.co.uk/contact_us so it could be 10 MAY before i get the parts 14 to 28 days are the bits cumming from Italy parts 5/6 should be hear befor them