#21 Posted : 17 August 2013 11:39:16

Groups:

Love the detail your adding Cool
samson
#22 Posted : 18 August 2013 01:11:30

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Hi All
I make som pic of the karsting .the mold ar cut from aluminium plate and then karsted in tin .
The metod is sand karsting
her som eksplaning pic.

you make 1 sandkake and press your moll haf down into the sand . and then giv a laer of talcum to make sur it splits right

Then you sambels the 2 rings and fild op sand and then press it . then oppens the form ....

Remuv the alu. moll and make tunnel thru by drilling and then vith a nife make a indlet then you make koppel air - eskape hulds to the top

then you melt the tin and put it in the indlet .

Then it always is interesting to open and see if all fin or you haw to du it al ower again .

The sand gos bak in the box and kan bee yoused for manny times and if it drys out you ad littel oile to it .

you can also be a little kreative vith your mole and make it from defrent parts.

All for now Regards All
SAMSON.
arpurchase
#23 Posted : 18 August 2013 01:38:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Samson
You are using the cast iron sand method to cast your parts I have always wondered if it was viable for minature parts and you have proved it right with the right preparation. Well done and more soon please
regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

samson
#24 Posted : 19 August 2013 01:27:08

Hi Andy
Ja it woarks good with tin , bras thou not good for wery fine ditails . but hwen paintet it all loks the same BigGrin

Well Winsch don now i wil make the lens pump . I wil expose them with the model in a glas kabinet in the end . ... in koppel years time from now. Laugh .
Gandale
#25 Posted : 19 August 2013 22:23:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Very nice work indeed Samson, very impressive...Cool Cool

Regards
Cool Cool Alan
NMBROOK
#26 Posted : 19 August 2013 22:47:32

Groups:

Amazing work SamsonCool Cool This really is taking things to the next level.
Kind Regards Nigel
jase
#27 Posted : 19 August 2013 23:07:33

Looks fantastic painted up. Impressed Cool
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
samson
#28 Posted : 19 August 2013 23:08:42

Thanks for the kompliments prisiet it .BigGrin
samson
#29 Posted : 09 September 2013 22:15:03

Hi All
must admit i not get fines my build from artesania . so i just starting on the next projekt.
I hawe got hands on a wery old billing boats Cutty sark proberly more than 30 years old . but i got it chip and i hawe plans building it artesania latina way . so i wery happy it not laser cut . i deside hwere to cut

I wil make a fals keel in teak - about 4 mm i think , it make it look more slim and autentisk .

The rails vil be cut of , but so it can be put in plase for hven schaping the rail .

the rails cut of . hwen dek is on it kan be mounted for schaping the railes.
the freams is not yet glued op .
all for now . regards SAMSON.
arpurchase
#30 Posted : 09 September 2013 23:40:38

BigGrin Hi Samson
Another challenging build there and look forward to your diary
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

NMBROOK
#31 Posted : 09 September 2013 23:58:55

Groups:

It's nice to see an old Billings kit being built.For some reason I have a soft spot for these kits.Looking at the artwork on the fittings box,this kit is well in excess of thirty years old.Hope you enjoy building her
Kind Regards Nigel
samson
#32 Posted : 10 September 2013 21:55:30

Hi all

Thanks for your komments Andy and Nigel, and yes Nigel i think it can bee ewen older than 30 years.- it make oun think it shal bee ekstra good the job oun doo - now it a kaind of antike issue.

Ben lining up the frams and fix and glued .
it sems ther will be a finising job to due before laing the dek. it sems it ben cut by hand the top hwend the outher fraim sems masin cut. - no woris i can fix it.

10-09-2013
Regards and chirs all.
SAMSON.
samson
#33 Posted : 14 September 2013 00:43:11

Hi
i just spend som houres to buil som indsaids - the idear is it shal look like tee . the model vil bee vitout sail and schowe a haber situation on - of loading the wessel.

14-09-13
Regards all
SAMSON
samson
#34 Posted : 22 September 2013 00:26:59

Hi All
I am still on the indseide in front kargo room , hwer i hope hwen finish man can see a littel of the indseid by lokking down the hatches .. The frame woark is not autentik but give a idea of how the houl look indseid .

i hawe koncidtert to put in a light for lightin op hven finish . hwen it then properly will bee to dark to se ennything els in the wery bottom of the model.
all for nou
cheers all
SAMSON.
arpurchase
#35 Posted : 22 September 2013 01:08:33

BigGrin Hi Samson
I agree you will need light to show off the detail so far as your going another way would be to do cut aways of the hull to show the same but i think this may need lighting too. keep the updates coming
regards
AndyCool

samson
#36 Posted : 30 September 2013 23:03:18

Hi All
stil warking on the indside , and hawe put on 5 smale light - ( car instrument light ) problem the need 12 W to give klear light .

Afther being on the jouleri kursus i hawe opend my ieis fore other materials than wood for model build . so now i got the idea to youse aluminium for the parts ther in real life is iron . ... I have not tryed this before so i hope it will woark .

All for now - vill bee back soone with more news.
SAMSON.
stevie_o
#37 Posted : 01 October 2013 00:45:16

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

samson
#38 Posted : 01 October 2013 11:37:04

Thanks for your possetiw featback Stevie pressiate it .BigGrin
I kom to the conklusion i migt make the dek before put the sid vall on . the opstanding molls dont seams to du enny difrens ennyway .
So back to Artesania Latinas Cutty Sark manual and du the dekking first . Cool
Cheers SAMSON alias Jens
Trotsky
#39 Posted : 01 October 2013 12:24:25

I think the use of other material is a great idea ...it has given me some ideas for a project I'm working on at the moment...Your Cutty Sark build looks interesting .
Jeg tror, ​​at brugen af ​​andet materiale er en rigtig god idé ... det har givet mig nogle ideer til et projekt, jeg arbejder på i øjeblikket ... Din Cutty Sark build ser interessant
H.M.S Victory
H.M.S Victory X Section
H.M.S Surprise under the bench
D-51
samson
#40 Posted : 02 October 2013 19:57:06

hi Trotsky
thanks for your comment . pressiate it .
also a nice thing with the traslasion . i also kut need yousing a tranlasions pogram for my poore englis .Blushing .

ennyway - ben building all day on the dek and is about 1/2 way.

regards- cheers SAMSON