Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

12 Pages «<34567>»
Cutty Sark by Samson Options
Gandale
#81 Posted : 17 August 2014 10:39:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looking really good Samson, coming along very nicely indeed..... Agree with Andy, you may be better with LED's as they come in a variety of different sizes and colours....Cool Cool ..Look forward to seeing more....

Regards

Alan
samson
#82 Posted : 17 August 2014 14:21:01

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Hey Andy and Alan.
Thanks for the praise and advice. I have to find a place where I can get LED bulbs. so I just hope they are available for 9-12 V, as it is the power supply I have now begun and must go on with. I am thankful for your advice

Cheers Cool Cool

SAMSON
   Jens
samson
#83 Posted : 17 August 2014 14:28:36

Hi Tony
Thank you for your words of praise. but as you might feel it is not quite okay yet .I will test whether you can sette LED bulbs with general mortal bulbs, and if I can find a place where I can get LED bulbs at all?.

Cheers Cool Cool

SAMSON
Jens
arpurchase
#84 Posted : 17 August 2014 14:36:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Samson
In the UK we have a company called Maplins that is an electronics supplier where LED's are available hopefully there will be a shop like this in the Netherlands, here is a link

http://www.maplin.co.uk/...nents/leds-and-displays

Also you could look on E-Bay aswell, hope this helps

Regards

AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gandale
#85 Posted : 17 August 2014 15:01:01

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Samson, this is a link to the place I get my LED's from and I believe they will ship to Denmark.... Hope it helps.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/brightcomponents/

Regards

Alan
samson
#86 Posted : 17 August 2014 21:49:16

Hi Alan and Andy
Thanks for the info. it looks promising. I see that 9-12 V can be obtained.
On Monday I'm going to Copenhagen hunting.
Cheers
Jens

Gandale
#87 Posted : 19 August 2014 10:38:43

Hi Jens, was your trip to Copenhagen successful.... hope you managed to find LED's that are suitable..... Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
samson
#88 Posted : 19 August 2014 15:09:43

hey Alan
Yes. so finally succeeded. Monday was closed but today, Tuesday open 13:00 to 17:30 I got the LEDs and will now begin to mount. I expect that it will take a few days with my pace at its best.
I would also have ordered 150 pcs 4mm dead eye. but it ended with a cost of over 300kr, - `which is about 30pund. so my stingy gene sage no. I have to make them yourself - Which I also have tried but it is not easy and the result unusable. so I got a new idea as I stood there in the store. .. I bought an alu. tube of 4 mm and a round piece of balsa of 3mm which fits into the 4mm pipe.
I hope my plan succeeded and I will come with ADDITIONAL pictures of it.

SAMSON
Jens

4mm pipe with 3mm balsa wood inside Properly better with harder wood , but it sems to woark fine . but 150 pices. wil take me some time Cursing Crying Angry Blink Blushing LOL
The wooden oun is on leftower from Artesania and the plast the one suposed to be set on by Billing boats.

Gandale
#89 Posted : 20 August 2014 11:14:02

Hi Jens, all looking good.... Thinking about your deadeyes, would agree a hardwood insert may actually work out better, using balsa you may find the rigging lines will cut into the balsa after a period of time due to the tension on the lines and the softness of the wood.... Would like to see results using a hardwood insert..... Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Tomick
#90 Posted : 20 August 2014 20:50:31

Groups:

Nice work Samson Cool
samson
#91 Posted : 21 August 2014 20:59:35

hi Tomick BigGrin
Thank you for your comment on my model boat. I'm finally finished with the two navigation lights - red and green. so now I can get started with the dead eyes project.

Cheers SAMSON

Jens
Gandale
#92 Posted : 21 August 2014 21:42:15

Hi Jens, much improved... Pleased you got the lighting problem resolved, all looking good.... Cool Cool .. Look forward to seeing more....

Regards

Alan
stevie_o
#93 Posted : 21 August 2014 23:45:49

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

samson
#94 Posted : 22 August 2014 13:57:10

Hi Steve and Alan
thanks for your nice words. Alan thanks for assistance with my electrical problem.

Now on to my dead eye project.

I have made a change in the choice of wood-- now I use pine in aluminum tube
I have now made ​​15 pieces. and made a color test. and stingy as I am, I would not go and buy a new and more same color but use the one I have. chose a brass color.
I have tested the time to cut 1 pc dead eye - 4 minutes.
Finally, I have made a physical examination to assure me that they really work, and I'm satisfied with the result.

Although I'm stingy so it is no longer the price of 30 pounds for 150 pcs ther matters as it's only 0.2 pounds each. but the will to make them yourself that is crucial.
Gandale
#95 Posted : 23 August 2014 10:10:17

Hi Jens, looks like a success to me with the deadeyes.... Sometimes we all have improvise at times especially when it comes down to cost and this is exactly what you have done here... thanks for sharing and well done.... Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
samson
#96 Posted : 28 August 2014 17:27:07

hi
I am begynt at the helm I have big plans to get it to function as on the real cutty sark .

but not as a mekanik one as on the first pic , but more as a string puld one as in the sekund pic. hope it all can be hidden in the smale weel house .
samson
#97 Posted : 28 August 2014 17:28:38

hi
I am begynt at the helm I have big plans to get it to function as on the real cutty sark .

so now I hope it works

cheers .BigGrin

31-08-2014 small opdate
Hi All
I'm still convinced it will succeed in turning the rudder wheel.
but there is little work and painting to do before I can assemble it and test itBlushing

cheers

SAMSON
Jens

the rudder is now finished and it can "shake" a little to each side. the best experience is to turn the rudder blade and see the wheel turning.

Cheers all, and thank you for your patience with me and my quirky model.
SAMSON.
Gandale
#98 Posted : 28 August 2014 23:39:11

Hi Samson, I do like your idea here and am sure it will work out just fine..... Going to be watching closely now to see how this develops..... really nice work so keep those pics coming..... Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
birdaj2
#99 Posted : 29 August 2014 10:45:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Samson

You are showing some very clever ideas in this build and it's really interesting to see.

Look forward to your future updates.

Happy modelling

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
samson
#100 Posted : 29 August 2014 13:22:15

Hi Alan and Tony
Thank you for taking the time to write here. and your always friendly and constructive comments are always very welcome BigGrin BigGrin

Cheers
SAMSON
Jens