Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

12 Pages «<56789>»
Cutty Sark by Samson Options
Gandale
#121 Posted : 20 December 2014 09:11:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Wonderful piece of work there Jens and some lovely pics showing the process....Love Love .. Really enjoying your build and the innovations you are showing.... Very well done and a very merry xmas to you and your family, have a wonderful festive period.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
arpurchase
#122 Posted : 20 December 2014 09:27:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Very nice scratch building Jens a credit to you and heres wishing you a merry xmass and a happy new yearCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

jase
#123 Posted : 20 December 2014 11:37:19

some really nice scratch building enjoying your build its looking very nice

jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
stevie_o
#124 Posted : 20 December 2014 14:37:24

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

samson
#125 Posted : 21 December 2014 00:45:54

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

hi Alan , Andy , Jase and Steve BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
thank you for the kind words about my quirky ship project and thanks for writing here in this busy Christmas time. it means a lot to me.
Merry Christmas to you Cool

Jens

22-12-2014

24-12-2014

25-12-2014

bilg pump projekt going on and will bee kontinued Cool

Finish at 19.35 25-12-2014 Paint just need drying out.

Regards SAMSON

Jens

Gandale
#126 Posted : 26 December 2014 11:08:17

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Cracking piece of scratch building, the pump looks superb...Drool Drool .. I really like the casting kit you are using, looks like it gives some great results....Cool Cool .. Look forward to seeing more Jens.....

Regards

Alan
samson
#127 Posted : 26 December 2014 18:54:22

Hi Alan
thanks for your comment.
I have searched the web to find an English equivalent of the course I was on the previous summer. I think this side respond well to what I have tried www.vannettaseecharran.c...lver-casting-wax-carving
  I do not know this place so that information is only to enable you to get an idea of the possibilities for learning sand casting

And a well-preserved secret between us.It is the ladies who join these jewelry development studies. So to get from a man's world at the construction site with coarse jokes to a week to perform julery surrounded by beautiful young and old and everything in between girls, all of which everyone sees talent in you toward you doing jewelry.And a great interest in hering about modeling . That alone is reason to participate.BigGrin Cool
delboy271155
#128 Posted : 26 December 2014 19:10:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Samson, BigGrin

That is some Cool Cool casting your into there.

Is that kit available on the open market, or is it a home construction item.

Either way it really does the business. Drool Drool

WTG

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

samson
#129 Posted : 26 December 2014 20:37:14

hi Derek
I think it's to get. When you can get it in DK so you can definitely get it in the UK.
In Denmark is the leading place Ravstedhus. and if you can not find another option, they can be used as I'm sure they can deliver in Europe.
their website is www.ravstedhus.dk
It is in Danish but you can translate with google - although it may come to sound funny. direct access to the sand casting www.ravstedhus.dk/pl/St%...g_sepiaskaller_4030.aspx

Good luck finding it

Cheers

Jens

sand casting can be used for all metals but the melting point of the metals is very different.

I use tin as it melts at a few hundred degrees and therefore possible to stand in a kitchen with.

Tin is to get at a cheap price in markets with old stuf .
samson
#130 Posted : 26 December 2014 22:14:38

Hi All.
Just think i chowe the end result ( still not glued )

I have a question to this storeroom. is it removable or fixed? When looking at the building inside the ship, it seems that there must be open when loading, unloading. So the stairs must be moved too. then the question is - is there's a staircase here or only a ladder?
If anyone has an opinion, I am interested.

Cheers

Jens.
Gandale
#131 Posted : 27 December 2014 00:21:54

Hi Jens, can't say for certain but I would think the whole structure was removable with removable steps going down... Think on this one it would be down to your personal choice....

Regards

Alan
samson
#132 Posted : 27 December 2014 23:01:55

hi Alan BigGrin
thanks for your reply. I think I will make a rustic staircase. the hard top also looks like it is attached for a long time, so you can not be satisfied with only a ladder here.

Cheers Cool
Jens
stevie_o
#133 Posted : 28 December 2014 00:54:03

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

samson
#134 Posted : 28 December 2014 12:04:05

Hi Stive
Thanks for looking in and comment . BigGrin
I most say i also enjoys casting a lot . and as long you dont go for the mettels at hig melting points like bras , brozn and kobber but youses tin you kan stay safly insid your house and do it and the prise for a "light" burner is also way thipper .Cool

You need :

A carsting form - It shut bee posibal to make one yourself , it is a simpel thing but it importent it kloses pricise.

spicial sand for carsting . - not expensiv rather deficult to get hands on .

talcum powder to ensure the 2 parts splits right hven oppening the form

a light buner .

a special spoon for meltin the tin in

A old tin astray, kop or simalar you get nerly for fre on markedes and fairs. to cut op to pises to melt .
samson
#135 Posted : 02 January 2015 12:49:34

Hi All. BigGrin BigGrin

Happy New year to your all. BigGrin Cool

small opdate :

central wardroom on konstruktion and as we speak the roff ar gloode and drying up. for then finly to be planked on top Cool

copple houres laterMellow

but still missing som doors Blushing Mellow

Cheers

Jens
Gandale
#136 Posted : 02 January 2015 22:53:45

Lovely work once again Jens, lighting effect looks fab too...... Drool Drool .. Look forward to seeing your next update....

Regards

Alan
samson
#137 Posted : 03 January 2015 17:16:08

Hi Alan
Thanks for your frendly and posetive comment on my build . BigGrin
i stil hawe sonday to build on before starting job again so i woarking ful time on the front wardroom to be finish .

cheers

Jens

samson
#138 Posted : 11 January 2015 01:44:48

11/01-2015

" alt=""/>http://s7.postimg.org/rig6lvh8b/Billede_153.jpg" alt=""/>

Small opdate BigGrin Konstruktion still going on Cool

Cheers

Jens
arpurchase
#139 Posted : 11 January 2015 08:33:55

BigGrin Nicely done JensCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gandale
#140 Posted : 11 January 2015 10:45:10

She's looking great Jens, coming along a treat....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan