Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

16 Pages «<23456>»
ARPurchase's build of the D51 Options
arpurchase
#61 Posted : 23 June 2013 21:31:48

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Hi Jase
Thanks for looking in, im watching with interest too on how this Alclad stuff works out as its the 1st time iv used it
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

arpurchase
#62 Posted : 23 June 2013 21:33:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Karl
Thanks for the advice on this alclad stuff il try building up a few coats to see how it looks
regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

arpurchase
#63 Posted : 23 June 2013 21:36:17

BigGrin Hi Nem
Glad to hear your getting a start going soon, I will be using Alclad steel on my wheels as they don't do a normal cast iron just a burnt one LOL . Thanks for your comments and looking in
AndyCool

Gandale
#64 Posted : 23 June 2013 23:23:26

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Andy, now have this one on my wish list so will be watching your build and taking in all your tips and techniques with a great deal of interest.....Cool Cool .. Love what I see so far.... well done...Cool

Regards

Alan
arpurchase
#65 Posted : 24 June 2013 00:03:31

BigGrin Hi Alan
Thanks for looking in and your comments
regards
AndyCool

court orchard
#66 Posted : 24 June 2013 08:38:53

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Good stuff Andy. ThumpUp It's all helping me make up my mind on what to do with this one. Something to think about whilst I continue with the never ending planking on the SOTS.
Andy

Building:Samurai Armour, SOTS, Victory X-Section, Bismarck, D51
Finished:WW I Bavarian NCO, Caldercraft HM Bark Endeavour FFG 58 Samuel B Roberts,
arpurchase
#67 Posted : 24 June 2013 21:03:14

BigGrin Hi Andy
Thanks for looking in and your comments TBH im not happy with the rods as they are I think I might strip them and start again I think the secret with alcad is the base coat get this right and the top coat looks great
AndyCool

arpurchase
#68 Posted : 26 June 2013 21:44:17

BigGrin Hi all
ok there I am sitting in the hospital with an 11:15 appointment just knowing that my D51 and Samurai packs would show up today, so I get home to find the inevitable card saying go forth to your nearest sorting office to collect your goodys and what time did they try to deliver 11:20 sods law isn't it roflLOL Laugh LOL .
Anyway so its this months instalment, the making up and fitting of the spark arrester and the front deck.
No real issue's with the spark arrester just make sure the joining ring is the correct way up and the glue area to the mesh can be iffy in parts but quite easy to overcome, I then sprayed the assembly with the weathered black and fitted it in place.
The front deck again was quite straightforward just make sure the release levers are correctly placed I haven't sprayed this part yet as there are more parts to add here
regards
AndyCool
arpurchase attached the following image(s):
P6260517.JPG
P6260520.JPG
P6260518.JPG
P6260521.JPG
P6260522.JPG
P6260523.JPG

Gandale
#69 Posted : 26 June 2013 22:59:30

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Beautifully done Andy, love the tone and texture of your paint covering.....BigGrin BigGrin .. Keep posting and I'll keep watching....

Regards

Alan

arpurchase
#70 Posted : 26 June 2013 23:44:22

BigGrin Hi Alan
AndyCool

court orchard
#71 Posted : 27 June 2013 15:05:45

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

[quote=arpurchase]BigGrin Hi all
ok there I am sitting in the hospital with an 11:15 appointment just knowing that my D51 and Samurai packs would show up today, so I get home to find the inevitable card saying go forth to your nearest sorting office to collect your goodys and what time did they try to deliver 11:20 sods law isn't it roflLOL Laugh LOL .

That's Spooky, almost the same thing happened to meScared Scared
Phoned up for a Doctors appointment, the first time in 3 years, and they had a cancellation at 10am. Postie who normally comes at 9.30 was late and when I got back there was the Red Card, normally they leave them in the Porch, but there was a tracked package too, so they took all 3 away againMad Mad. But I have now retrieved themBigGrin BigGrin
Like you say Sod's Law in all it's gloryLOL LOL
Andy

Building:Samurai Armour, SOTS, Victory X-Section, Bismarck, D51
Finished:WW I Bavarian NCO, Caldercraft HM Bark Endeavour FFG 58 Samuel B Roberts,
arpurchase
#72 Posted : 27 June 2013 20:06:34

BigGrin Hi Andy
yes very spooky m9
AndyCool

arpurchase
#73 Posted : 29 June 2013 19:30:23

BigGrin Hi All
As you know if you have read my diary so far I was using the Alclad Stainless steel paint on the running gear, well I kept at it but was never happy with the finish it just didn't look right to me so after several retry's of stripping back and restarting and looking at the how to vidio's messing with the pump preasure still no joy. Im not sure if Alclad can go off with age but perhaps this is what happened with the paint I had.
So I decided to try the Alclad Steel paint instead and this worked out much better and im quite happy with the results
Regards
AndyCool
P6290526.JPG

jase
#74 Posted : 29 June 2013 21:57:48

Looks great ThumpUp
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
arpurchase
#75 Posted : 29 June 2013 23:10:16

BigGrin Thanks Jase much apreciatedCool

arpurchase
#76 Posted : 01 July 2013 18:32:27

BigGrin Hi All
Some more pic's of the Alclad steel paint the sides of the wheels have been painted inside and out but the rail edge have not been painted as im not sure what contact will be at this point
AndyCool
P7010548.JPG
P7010549.JPG
P7010550.JPG

Gandale
#77 Posted : 01 July 2013 22:50:33

Beautiful finish Andy, bet your happy now you stripped it back and did it again..... Drool Drool Love Drool Drool .. Definately worth the effort...

Regards

Alan
arpurchase
#78 Posted : 01 July 2013 23:29:43

BigGrin Hi Alan
thanks for the comments and it looks even better in the flesh
regards
AndyCool

MWG
#79 Posted : 02 July 2013 01:13:25

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Andy, the finish looks really goodBigGrin Great job Kind regards Mike
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

arpurchase
#80 Posted : 02 July 2013 17:37:13

BigGrin Hi Mike
AndyCool