Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages <123>
Karl's D51 Loco Build. Options
karl1113
#21 Posted : 26 July 2013 17:56:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

thank you willie,have corrected...........k.
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
karl1113
#22 Posted : 15 August 2013 14:30:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

karl1113 attached the following image(s):
IMG_0881.JPG
IMG_0882.JPG
IMG_0883.JPG
IMG_0884.JPG
IMG_0885.JPG
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

arpurchase
#23 Posted : 15 August 2013 21:03:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Looking good KarlCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

jase
#24 Posted : 15 August 2013 21:16:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looks really good karl ThumpUp
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Gandale
#25 Posted : 15 August 2013 23:25:25

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Nice work Karl,,,, Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
karl1113
#26 Posted : 16 August 2013 12:35:42

thank you all for the comments, I'm finding the more I get into this build the better it gets, highly recommend this kit to all. well worth the money.

karl1113
#27 Posted : 13 September 2013 11:24:15

this is now the 5th. delivery,and more on the chassis.
IMG_0914.JPG
IMG_0915.JPG
IMG_0916.JPG

karl1113
#28 Posted : 13 September 2013 16:05:25

in my honest opinion this kit is the best on the market at the mo,for many reasons,the engineering that goes into the parts is awesome,just look at each pack and try to work out how much you would pay for the parts,I calculated that the cost was over double that of the actual cost.this is a very high end piece of kit indeed,and recommend it to beginners and expert alike.this monster is going to be nearly 2 foot long,whether you paint it or leave it as come,it will great,even the wife said she likes it(very rare)and chosen a spot in the living room to show it.

delboy271155
#29 Posted : 13 September 2013 16:17:37

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Karl,BigGrin

I`m not greatly into trains, but, I`m seriously following your build as I love the engineering side of this piece of kit.Cool Drool Cool

You never know I could always be persuaded to take this on at a later date.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Gandale
#30 Posted : 13 September 2013 23:37:33

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Karl, lovely work and love how its progressing... Am pleased about your small review as I have this one on my wish list but the rate I'm going I could be 90 before I get started.... Cool Cool .. Will be following as usual....

Regards

Alan
karl1113
#31 Posted : 14 September 2013 00:13:27

thank you del and alan.this is my first skirmish into trains(metal)and the way it is packed,you can see before you open it what part is required at that time.the assembly can be frustrating,like the rivets,1mm.x 2mm.you do need some, well I do, magnifying headgear and a sticky picker upperer if you know what I mean,there's one in mr.t's official build.the screws to are small,but getting used to them. I've bought a rail stand kit,and am hoping that it will be long enough for this loco. more of that later.

budgie
#32 Posted : 14 September 2013 23:24:37

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

BigGrin Hi Karl must admit that when Deag introduced the Choo Choo thought this was not for me...but after following your diary am certainly changing my mind
The parts supplied look good and certainly looks like an interesting topic

Keep those pics a coming

ps this must give you a well deserved break from building ship after ship

karl1113
#33 Posted : 15 September 2013 11:18:59

budgie wrote:
BigGrin Hi Karl must admit that when Deag introduced the Choo Choo thought this was not for me...but after following your diary am certainly changing my mind
The parts supplied look good and certainly looks like an interesting topic

Keep those pics a coming

ps this must give you a well deserved break from building ship after ship

hi bodge, yes it makes a welcome break,and I actually look forward to the next delivery, as you build it up,you realise how well it is engineered.and how detailed and realistic it is.BigGrin BigGrin

court orchard
#34 Posted : 15 September 2013 13:12:21

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Coming along nicely KarlThumpUp, I'm saving mine for the long Winter Nights. Keep up the good workBigGrin

I must agree with you, the quality of parts is exceptional and there is far more detail than I expected, and I was expecting a lot. In addition the packaging is excellent and well thought out, even down to the little screws in their little individual plastic holders.
Andy

Building:Samurai Armour, SOTS, Victory X-Section, Bismarck, D51
Finished:WW I Bavarian NCO, Caldercraft HM Bark Endeavour FFG 58 Samuel B Roberts,
stevie_o
#35 Posted : 15 September 2013 13:48:09

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

this is looking fantastic, can't believe how solid and chunky the parts look, do you know the overall weight of this kit?
Following with interest, just wish i had more moneyCursing
Steve
karl1113
#36 Posted : 15 September 2013 15:07:45

hi court and steve, I was going to do a series of pics on the packaging and parts,so will cover that next delivery.the weight is going to be massive,as it is I recon it is weighing in at about 2 kilo's and heading for a lot more. the reason I didn't mention it sooner is to wait and see if they continued packing to such a high standard throughout the build. k.

arpurchase
#37 Posted : 15 September 2013 15:10:42

BigGrin Hi Karl
It says in the build info in the cars section she will weigh 10.3 kilo'sBlink
regards
Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Tomick
#38 Posted : 15 September 2013 15:29:35

Groups:

I can confirm that its weight is over 10kgs, and just wait until you see the wooden display base/roling road, which is a masterpiece of engineering and fantastic quality..

With a bit of luck, the C62 will end up here too..
karl1113
#39 Posted : 15 September 2013 15:45:41

great stuff tom, bring it on, c62 here we come.BigGrin

karl1113
#40 Posted : 12 October 2013 14:31:06

IMG_1024.JPG
IMG_1025.JPG
IMG_1026.JPG