Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

"MARY ROSE" Options
john burgess
#1 Posted : 09 June 2010 17:45:32

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Gosh had the "Mary Rose" delivered a few days ago, read and read and more read and studied the drawings all 8 of them, then i thought it would be a good idea to dry build as far as i could go with it. Found an error on one of the bow formers in the centre so i filed that down so it fit nice with the top of the keel and guess what put it together glued it then found out the top part of the bow former was about 2.5 mm out as well and cant get a file near to file it down. Cursing Cursing Cursing
john burgess attached the following image(s):
001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG
If you dont suceed at first go to the pub
john burgess
#2 Posted : 09 June 2010 17:56:47

Tell you what if mine turns out like it is on the box ill show my ar-- in burtons window he he lol
karl1113
#3 Posted : 10 June 2010 11:40:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

john,I put up a pic of this boat in the thread :how experianced are you?:

hope this helps in your build,looking great alreadyCool made this boat about 5 yrs. ago,
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
john burgess
#4 Posted : 10 June 2010 14:03:02

Yeah that looks really good karl i think im gonna need some help with this one, i know it wasnt a million bucks but i did want it to come out pretty reasonable .As to your question im very new to this ship building , seeing as you have already done this model before i know where to come for some help he he.
karl1113
#5 Posted : 10 June 2010 14:13:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

anytime shipmate,were all in this boat together sink or swim,and what a motley crew this isFlapper Flapper Flapper
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/