Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

batesey Options
batesey
#1 Posted : 11 July 2013 17:41:01

Groups:

hi everyone
Been and got myself a zero to buildDrool
have been reading all the posts and what im going to be expecting in the way of build procedures,colours,glues to use ectCrying Confused
Does anyone know of a solution on the market whereby the metal parts can be immersed into( which doesnt effect the glued parts already stuck on them ) ie the wing with the strutts. to degrease them before spraying, as the old fairy liquid and tooth brush seems very long winded in this day an age,but i must have the cleanest hands in my cityLOL LOL
Any advice would be much appreciated

cheers guys
Warthog
#2 Posted : 11 July 2013 20:12:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

Hi Batesy and welcome to the Forum

Idealy you should clean all of the parts in soapy water before fixing any of the parts with glue to remove any residue from the parts but not sure if any of the other builders on here have found it necessary to do so..

Spencer
arpurchase
#3 Posted : 11 July 2013 21:51:32

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Hi Batesey
Welcome to the forum and the Zero build, im using soapy water to degrease but others may have another idea
regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

jase
#4 Posted : 12 July 2013 13:42:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Ok going to throw a curv ball in now BigGrin Flapper

You should degreas your parts before glueing as the others have said. but I do not use soap or wasing up liquid or any other detergent as effectivly you are appling a coat of chemicals that can also effect painting. I use roome tempreture water and a lemon. let the parts soak for a while then give pars a wipe with a songe or lint free cloth.
Limes will do but you get more lemon for your money makes the model room smell nice tooBigGrin Laugh

jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
batesey
#5 Posted : 12 July 2013 16:13:46

Groups:

ok guys much appreciated replies

thx 4 taking the time to give me your thoughts

snapdragon
#6 Posted : 13 July 2013 14:18:49

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

never thought about the lemon thing. Aren't they doing that for the newly raised Dornier??

For Hands that do models..... fine green fairy liquid! LOL Flapper