Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Modelzone closure - kit information worth reading! Options
roymattblack
#1 Posted : 14 July 2013 17:33:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

An important bit of info re: the kits in Modelzone at 20% off......
In case you weren't aware, Modelzone are closing down nationally.

Apparently the head office has had a BIG 'wrist-slap' from trading standards over the action of hiking all kits back up to full RRP, then reducing by 20%.
It's NOT legal!

I've just come home from the Ipswich MZ with the 1/12 Tamiya McLaren, for £47.50!!!!

It was marked up at £99, less 20%, making it £79.99

It was for sale 3 weeks ago for £59.99.
Trading standards have told MZ to HONOUR all the previous reductions, and then take a FURTHER 20% off!!

Hence, the McLaren for just under £48.

If you are interested in a kit, ASK THEM TO CHECK THE PRICE.
It was the Ipswich staff who gave me this info when I enquired about the McLaren, saying I was peeved at it being now more expensive than 3 weeks ago.
They checked on-line and came up with the 'correct' price of under £48.

Apparently, whatever the store marked up price might say, it could be VERY wrong!!!

ANYTHING that was reduced before the closure was announced, MUST be sold at the REDUCED price, LESS another 20%.
Apparently, all the on-line stock is being distributed to stores this week, with 'possible further reductions'....

Get down to your local MZ asap and ASK for a PRICE-CHECK!!!!!

Roy.
Warthog
#2 Posted : 14 July 2013 18:18:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

Popped into Kingstone MZ on Thursday and got the "Clear" Enterprise D for £57.59 from £71:99 plus all Vellejo paints 50% off :-)

If we all go there then hopefully they will keep a few open!!
Tomick
#3 Posted : 14 July 2013 21:34:10

Groups:

Indeed Roy, discounts was reported a couple of weeks ago, and all may not yet close down.

The orginal owner is in talks with the Administrator to buy the business back.
Amerang will be sold in its own right as it was a profitable business caught up in the ModelZone mess.

http://forum.model-space...aspx?g=posts&t=7156
roymattblack
#4 Posted : 14 July 2013 22:52:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

All correct Mr T.....
My point though, is that the price shown on the box in the shop, and the 20% discount, may well still be VERY wrong....
If you are interested in a particular kit, ASK the shop guys to price check it before you pay.

My Tamiya McLaren came up at over £30 LESS than the price in the shop, and even the staff didn't know the difference.
It was STILL marked up at £99 less 20% = £79.
I paid under £48.

Roy.
Tomick
#5 Posted : 15 July 2013 08:55:13

Groups:

I am also hearing that depending on the store, some have better offers
kenjara
#6 Posted : 28 July 2013 21:13:20

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

I saw this happen in my local modelzone too.

E.G. cessna rc plane.

Before closing down £30
Closing down sale reduced to £70.

They have some good prices in there this weekend. I brought a load of humbrol paint at 50% off and a
1/12 Tamiya Volkswagon wheelie kit for £80. The kit is £140 - £160 around the net so it was pretty cheap.
Finished 3D Printer, RB7, Hummer, Skyrider drone & Combat tank collection

http://www.model-space.com/gb/