Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Where can I Get...... Options
snapdragon
#1 Posted : 27 July 2013 17:11:27

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

More of the lace and chord without having to purchase a pack or two.

I would love to have some spare stock just in case I f.... mess up

James
Tomick
#2 Posted : 27 July 2013 17:14:57

Groups:

Might be difficult to match the exact colour, but haberdashery retailers may have something close to the lace types, though the differing cord types could be unique to the series.
kaybee
#3 Posted : 17 March 2014 22:30:44

I've a simliar interest in obtaining more blue and gold lace. My very first tasset was unsatisfactory and I would like to redo it. I've tried various haberdashery stores in my area with no luck as it's so specialized.
There is just enough lace in each kit for that particular stage with no allowance for error. Being such a major, but yet delicate, part of the kit I would have thought the model supplier could make some lace available without having to buy a complete kit.
arpurchase
#4 Posted : 17 March 2014 23:58:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Kaybee
You could consider buying an extra issue that has the ribbon in it to replace the ribbon , I have also listed some other alternatives below.
Getting the exact same colour blue and gold will be difficult but you could consider buying ribbon that is a close match and replacing all the ribbons with the new ribbon.That on its own could be a daunting task I know as im doing the build too.
Another alternative is to consider how you will display the finished armour, if like me you are thinking of a box with glass on the 3 vertical sides with a solid wood back board. Then the offending item/Tasset could be hidden right at the back out of site so to speak.
Here in the Uk we have a chain of hobby stores called 'Hobbycraft' im not sure if they are a global chain but iv added the link to there ribbon section but unfortunatly its going to be a trawl going through the choices,good luck and hopefully it will aid your search or give you some fresh idea's.

http://www.hobbycraft.co...query=fabric-and-ribbon

regards
AndyCool

Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

kaybee
#5 Posted : 18 March 2014 04:12:47

Hi Andy,
Thanks for your reply. I've just completed my second tasset and with the experienced gained building the first tasset it came out perfectly. The problem with the first one was my learning curve or maybe I didn't give it the right attention. It came out OK but there are more valleys than hills and that's why I wanted to redo it. I now have the right technique in hand.
As you suggested I intend placing it at the back when I get around to that step. At this time I haven't given much thought to building a box but will at the appropriate time, using your idea of glass with wooden background. Maybe you could give me the dimensions of what you propose. I can get my son to build it, his name is Andy too.
It's a challenging project but I have the time and patience to complete it.
Ken
arpurchase
#6 Posted : 18 March 2014 09:56:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Ken
I totally agree ,definatly a different sort of learning curve with this build. The valleys and hills can be frustrating especialy when the ribbon has its own mind where it wants to go and like yourself I have found that technique improves vastly with the second Tasset.
Once I have a final design for the case il post up the dimensions for everyone.
regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .