Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages «<789
Marcel's Build: Sovereign of the Seas from De AGOSTINI (Agent: Jacklin Enterprise) Options
Marcel
#161 Posted : 24 December 2014 08:35:43

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

After I fitted deck, I could begin with the forecastle. I am glad that I did not follow the handbook's instructions to finish all the planking first.

I had to break off another few strakes of bamboo to rectify the profile to compensate for the upper deck to lay flush on the planking.

I had to cut a new part as the supplied part was too short to my liking. I used it to help in aid of shaping the planking at the forecastle.
Marcel attached the following image(s):
Photo0223.jpg
Photo0222.jpg
Photo0224.jpg
"Rather try and fail than had failed to try".

Sovereign of the Seas

Model Space forum: Marcel's build
ian smith
#162 Posted : 19 February 2015 12:59:57

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Marcel.
Comming along nicely. Look forward to seeing more of your build.
IanCool Cool BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
Marcel
#163 Posted : 11 April 2016 07:32:10

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

All of my issues arrived after two years of collecting. I decided its best to wait the long wait to avoid mistakes.

I also discovered I could not remember my login details, but with a bit of backtracking , I found it. Wow Blushing

Sovereign of the Seas

Gandale
#164 Posted : 11 April 2016 07:44:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Welcome back Marcel, great to have you with us once again....Cool Cool Cool .. Look forward to seeing progress on your SOTS now you have all this issues....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Marcel
#165 Posted : 26 August 2016 07:02:56

The winter with its cold weather has passed. This give me chance to get back to my model. I did the detailing of the decks prior to be glued into place. I am still using the supplied decks for profiling prior to do the veneer.

Sovereign of the Seas

Martyn Ingram
#166 Posted : 26 August 2016 07:25:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nice to see you back Marcel looking forward to seeing your pictures

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
Marcel
#167 Posted : 26 August 2016 07:55:29

Thanks Martyn,
Yes its been a while since I posted here. I am glad that I had waited for all the issues to arrive before commencing on my build. This makes my build much easier to avoid costly mistakes. It helps with the correct profiling and planning ahead.
File Attachment(s):
Full Deck.bmp (536kb) downloaded 62 time(s).
Rear deck.bmp (895kb) downloaded 59 time(s).
Stern Rekkie.bmp (832kb) downloaded 62 time(s).

Sovereign of the Seas

birdaj2
#168 Posted : 26 August 2016 08:34:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Marcel

Nice to see you back on your build.

Hope it continues to go well for you.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Greens
#169 Posted : 26 October 2019 12:33:49

Groups:

I am back on the build, but have a few problems.
My Forum Build ( Marcel: the one above) does not log me in anymore.
I am now re-registered .

I have moved and with that lost a complete file with 15 manuals.
Angry
Gandale
#170 Posted : 26 October 2019 12:56:52

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Greens wrote:
I am back on the build, but have a few problems.
My Forum Build ( Marcel: the one above) does not log me in anymore.
I am now re-registered .

I have moved and with that lost a complete file with 15 manuals.
Angry

Have sent you a PM..

You can download all of the build instructions for this kit here:

https://www.model-space....ereign-of-the-seas.html

Under 'The Build' tab....

Regards

Alan
Marcel
#171 Posted : 26 October 2019 13:27:16

Blink BigGrin

Thanks a million Alan. I am back on track again.

LOL

Sovereign of the Seas

Gandale
#172 Posted : 26 October 2019 13:38:30

Marcel wrote:
Blink BigGrin

Thanks a million Alan. I am back on track again.

LOL

Good to see you're back on your old user account and that you have all you need to continue with your build. Will now delete your new 'Greens' account....

Regards

Alan