Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
Zero fighter in Yusyukan(遊就館) Options
arpurchase
#21 Posted : 23 August 2013 07:56:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Hi All
The common consensus right now from modellers and full size rebuilders of the Zero is as follows, in the past it was thought Aotake came in several colours from blue to dark green which has caused the debate here and on other forums. Now it would seam it has been agreed from research and examination that this discolouring is due to a chemical reaction that happened during its initial curing which could take up to 6 weeks or 3 months depending on localised conditions.
Snap I seam to remember you saying you had a wealth of Zero information available wouldn't it be nice if you could share this with us all in the reference library
regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Tomick
#22 Posted : 23 August 2013 09:23:03

Groups:

Yutaro HONMA wrote:
Hi All
I have read your posts here with a great interest. There seldom is such an eager discussion about ATOTAKE color even in Japan.
I'm very glad to know zero models are loved so much in UK
Best Regards,
Yutaro

I have to agree with you, and think the best way forward for all is to use a shade that you are happy with, rather than getting too bogged down with so many alternatives that it sets the head spinning.. LOL
Yutaro HONMA
#23 Posted : 24 August 2013 16:59:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Mr.T

Thank you for your following.BigGrin

Best Regards,
Yutaro
DeAGOSTINI 1/250 the YAMATO, 1/250 the AKAGI.
Hasegawa Co. 1/350 Battle ship NGATO, 1/350 Aircraft carrier Akagi, Battle ship MIKASA.
Water line series 1/700 Battle ship YAMATO, HIEI, YAMASHIRO, Aircraft carrier HIRYU,TAIHO, Heavy Cruiser Myoukou, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro & others.
snapdragon
#24 Posted : 25 August 2013 15:32:52

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I will endeavour to start posting in the reference section once I collate everything.

:)
SennaMentalMe
#25 Posted : 25 August 2013 18:42:47

Groups:

Tomick wrote:
I have to agree with you, and think the best way forward for all is to use a shade that you are happy with, rather than getting too bogged down with so many alternatives that it sets the head spinning.. LOL

Couldn't agree more Tom,

It doesn't matter whether something is supremely accurate as long as the person building the model is happy with it and especially so when it comes to choice of colour, as each Zero would likely be slightly different to the next, given the amount of flight hours, length of time in corrosive environments, amount of sun fading, etc, etc, that it has been subjected to, so if it works for whoever is building the model then it is good enough and most likely as accurate as the next modellers' interpretation?

The same only different if you like ... but still correct?

Anything else is just plain old rivet counting ... which is a completely different pastime!! LOL LOL Blink Blink Flapper Flapper

Kev BigGrin

snapdragon
#26 Posted : 26 August 2013 12:55:43

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

One, two, three.... er.....er.... four..... Damn!

One, two three................

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL Blink Blink BigGrin BigGrin Laugh
SennaMentalMe
#27 Posted : 26 August 2013 15:04:39

Groups:

snapdragon wrote:
One, two, three.... er.....er.... four..... Damn!

One, two three................

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL Blink Blink BigGrin BigGrin Laugh

MORE time spent counting rivets equals LESS time building models!Glare Flapper Blink BigGrin

Kev BigGrin
Tailfirst
#28 Posted : 28 August 2013 12:29:58

Yes, but partwork kits leave altogether too much time for counting rivets...