Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages <1234>»
Matelot one's build so far... Options
Matelot one
#21 Posted : 18 August 2014 17:46:20

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Well the cheap super glue has worked a lot better than the rest I tried, I will see if I can get some "Green label Zap-A-Gap CA glue", but that will be in December when I'm back. Here's how it's progressing!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Built Mare Nostrum
Google Photo Album
Matelot (ˈmætləʊ) , Matlo or Matlow
noun
(Nautical Terms) slang chiefly Brit - a sailor

Matelot one
#22 Posted : 04 January 2016 20:11:19

Well finally completed coppering the hull, It's taken a while, but this is not a quick project. It's going to be some time before I can move to the next bit as I'm off again next week for six months!
________________________________________________________________________________________

Built Mare Nostrum
Google Photo Album
noun

davetwin
#23 Posted : 04 January 2016 22:06:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looks like your patience has paid off, the hull looks pretty sweet now it's finished BigGrin
birdaj2
#24 Posted : 04 January 2016 22:26:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Well done. Its difficult with work and life commitments to keep the attention to a build (i am very guilty of that Confused ) so well done for keeping with it and getting a good result to your build.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Gandale
#25 Posted : 05 January 2016 00:00:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

She's looking mighty fine there, great work on the tiling.... Will look forward to your next update in 6 months time.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
magpie1832
#26 Posted : 05 January 2016 00:32:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looks great mate. Love the tiles. I was too chicken to do it on mine.
See u in 6 mnths.
Chris.
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Martyn Ingram
#27 Posted : 05 January 2016 09:14:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Lovely job on the tiling Cool . See you in 6mths Cool

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
BarryM
#28 Posted : 25 May 2016 16:39:21

Nice, I Like the Hull Coppering job going to copper mine but I think I might use the self adhesive stuff, how did you do the rivets? Your outside pics mage the ship look huge I'll try that when I get a bit further on....once again, nive work

Barry
There's no time like the present.....
Matelot one
#29 Posted : 11 July 2016 20:49:29

Well I am back after six months away, so it's back to the Ship.I Just finished doing the hinges for the Rudder.

Barry, I got my copper tiles for "The Model Boat Yard" Online model shop.

Built Mare Nostrum
Google Photo Album
noun

arpurchase
#30 Posted : 11 July 2016 22:22:07

Looking great
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

magpie1832
#31 Posted : 11 July 2016 22:56:03

You've done such a great job on the rudder. The copper plating looks good.

Chris
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

ian smith
#32 Posted : 12 July 2016 11:22:45

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great job on your tiling. look forward to seeing your progress.
Ian.
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
Matelot one
#33 Posted : 13 July 2016 10:04:58

Well I am doing a few things out of order, and next I'm doing the Upper Deck before the Lower Gun deck, with everything in place. Easier to clean the mess from when I cut the Hold. (Yes it will be removable, then secured once all holes are cut and everything in place below decks)

I have just only spotted where the forward deck would not be flat, so I went back over previous post to see what others had done. so now it's sorted and the slope cut out. Wish I had done this before now! Next to fill the gaps with some filler

Built Mare Nostrum
Google Photo Album
noun

Matelot one
#34 Posted : 05 August 2016 17:12:12

Well I've done most the upper deck planking and just finished staining it with Georgian Oak wood dye. I give it overnight and put some Danish oil in to finish it off with.

All nails in place...

...and sanded down...

...Stained, now back and to getting the cannons done!

Built Mare Nostrum
Google Photo Album
noun

davetwin
#35 Posted : 05 August 2016 19:55:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great work so far. Your patience with the trenails really paid off as they look excellent!!
Gandale
#36 Posted : 05 August 2016 23:28:19

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looking great, some really nice detailed work....

Regards

Alan
Matelot one
#37 Posted : 06 August 2016 10:22:40

It's getting there slowly, but i don't think it will be up to Johncal high standards, which inspires us all I think!

Built Mare Nostrum
Google Photo Album
noun

BarryM
#38 Posted : 06 August 2016 13:10:05

Neat...what was the reason for planking the top deck off the Hull & what did you use for the tree nails??

Barry
There's no time like the present.....
Matelot one
#39 Posted : 06 August 2016 14:27:57

I did the upper deck temporarily removable, to make it easier and for less mess falling down to the Lower Gun Deck. With the trenails, I just drilled out 0.8 mm holes and used the ends of cocktail sticks.

With the deck in place

Built Mare Nostrum
Google Photo Album
noun

Matelot one
#40 Posted : 10 August 2016 19:11:21

Well, I have been putting off doing the rest of cannons for ages, but now I am getting there!!

Built Mare Nostrum
Google Photo Album
noun