Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages <12345>»
Matelot one's build so far... Options
Martyn Ingram
#41 Posted : 10 August 2016 19:18:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Nicely done on the cannons fiddley little blighters aren't they. Well done m8

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
magpie1832
#42 Posted : 10 August 2016 22:13:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

They do take a while to do but well worth the time spent. I saved them all up then did them all in one and it does get tedious but it's what we enjoy doing. Your doing a great job on this too.
Chris
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Gandale
#43 Posted : 10 August 2016 22:23:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Very nice progress, looking good..

Regards

Alan
BarryM
#44 Posted : 13 August 2016 15:35:34

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Nice going...I'm subscribed to the 14 issue version, maybe they should include a few cannons with each issue then when you're ready for them they would be almost finished...

Barry
There's no time like the present.....
Matelot one
#45 Posted : 20 August 2016 15:57:09

The Cannons for the main Gun Deck are almost there now, Just the finishing touches to do, and to put them in place.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Built Mare Nostrum
Google Photo Album
Matelot (ˈmætləʊ) , Matlo or Matlow
noun
(Nautical Terms) slang chiefly Brit - a sailor

BarryM
#46 Posted : 20 August 2016 17:19:26

Ooooooh...nice....don't suppose you want to pack them in a box and send them out to me??????

Barry
There's no time like the present.....
Gandale
#47 Posted : 20 August 2016 20:49:29

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Now they do look good, really lovely job on them.... well done....

Regards

Alan
Matelot one
#48 Posted : 25 August 2016 14:01:44

Just sorted out the eye bolts for the cannon, next I can get them rigged.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Built Mare Nostrum
Google Photo Album
noun

Martyn Ingram
#49 Posted : 25 August 2016 15:55:40

Looking good m8 have fun rigging the cannons (:-)

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
Matelot one
#50 Posted : 25 August 2016 20:03:26

Before I carry on rigging the Cannons, I was looking at the figurehead, and thought of spot the difference with the painting of the Figurehead by Zoe Schumacher. Also my one that I have done, but I might try and carve another one...I made a little stand the same as the bow, so if I go away, I can make it in my off time.

Kit version

Painting by Zoe Schumacher

My one copied from HMS Cleopatra figurehead in Portsmouth dockyard.

Built Mare Nostrum
Google Photo Album
noun

Gandale
#51 Posted : 25 August 2016 21:45:33

Very nice work there, well done.... looks great...

Regards

Alan
Matelot one
#52 Posted : 16 October 2016 19:07:46

Slowly doing all the block and tackles and rigging for the cannons.

Built Mare Nostrum
Google Photo Album
noun

Gandale
#53 Posted : 16 October 2016 22:11:35

Rigging cannons, a long and somewhat tedious job but one that needs to be done if it is to look right..... looking great.....Cool Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Alain Degny
#54 Posted : 16 October 2016 23:17:33

Groups:

Good work guy.

Caution! AL has made a mistake.Crying On a 9 pounder, there is only one train-tackle.

Source:

David White, The Frigate Diana. Anatomy of the Ship.

Double train-tackle is for 32 and 24 pounders.

And don't forget to glue the Blomefield ring to the top of the cascabel button to help hold the breech rope in place.BigGrin
Matelot one
#55 Posted : 20 October 2016 22:01:46

Slowly but sure.....It's only taken me...well a while to get this far!

Built Mare Nostrum
Google Photo Album
noun

Gandale
#56 Posted : 20 October 2016 22:50:24

Taking a while but you're getting there.... nice work.....Cool Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Martyn Ingram
#57 Posted : 21 October 2016 05:15:54

BigGrin looking good mate lovely job Cool

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?
davetwin
#58 Posted : 21 October 2016 14:35:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

A very fiddly job that looks like you've done very well indeed ThumpUp
Matelot one
#59 Posted : 23 October 2016 21:00:25

I have a few bits to tidy up, but the Gun deck is mostly there now, It like a big mile stone that I've finally reached!

Built Mare Nostrum
Google Photo Album
noun

Matelot one
#60 Posted : 23 October 2016 21:15:28

Just having some issues with photobucket, and cropping/resizing my photos.

Built Mare Nostrum
Google Photo Album
noun