Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages «<6789>
Matelot one's build so far... Options
Gandale
#141 Posted : 06 June 2018 08:32:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looking fab, credit to your skills.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Markwarren
#142 Posted : 06 June 2018 09:35:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

That looks excellent.Love it certainly shows off the size.Cool

Mark
Jasseji
#143 Posted : 06 June 2018 12:07:30

Groups: Registered

Looks very nice, i am now waiting for my delivery so i can start - could you tell me where you got the carronade from - it looks quite nice.
Matelot one
#144 Posted : 13 June 2018 16:12:20

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Thanks for all your nice comments guys, I got the Carronade from the model-dockyard.com, as I do with all my extra bits, although I am going to try the "caldercraft" ones as the metal base on the "Amati" one destroyed my drill bits trying to put on the rings!!!
________________________________________________________________________________________

Built Mare Nostrum
Google Photo Album
Matelot (ˈmætləʊ) , Matlo or Matlow
noun
(Nautical Terms) slang chiefly Brit - a sailor

Matelot one
#145 Posted : 17 June 2018 19:05:14

I have been cracking on with the guard rails, bits by the belfry (used Magpies idea of utilising my spare cannon carriages) and making a hatchway with working hinges.

I copied the Victory's one for this!!
________________________________________________________________________________________

Built Mare Nostrum
Google Photo Album
noun

Martyn Ingram
#146 Posted : 17 June 2018 19:19:11

BigGrin Superb build love the working hinges Love
Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
Matelot one
#147 Posted : 24 June 2018 15:17:48

Slowly plodding on with the build, Got the forward end of the upperdeck done now.

Built Mare Nostrum
Google Photo Album
noun

Gandale
#148 Posted : 24 June 2018 23:11:00

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

She's really coming along and looking great... very nice indeed....Cool Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
magpie1832
#149 Posted : 25 June 2018 00:02:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Very nice indeed. She looks stunning mate.

I'm still trying to get a cheap copy of Frigate Diana. Like rocking horse isn't it.

Chris
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

arpurchase
#150 Posted : 25 June 2018 07:10:21

BigGrin Looking very good and nice workCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Matelot one
#151 Posted : 12 June 2019 22:01:15

Well I moved her into the spare bedroom, but still have some sorting out to do. I have been busy and away at work, and my wife also recently passed away, so once things are sorted, I will be back building and posting updates.

Built Mare Nostrum
Google Photo Album
noun

Martyn Ingram
#152 Posted : 13 June 2019 06:04:46

May I pass on my deepest sympathy for the loss of your wife. Stay strong my friend and I will be looking forward to seeing your next update.
Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
Gandale
#153 Posted : 13 June 2019 08:41:27

So sorry to hear of the loss of your wife and would like to offer my sincere condolences to you and your family....Crying Crying … Look forward to hearing from you over the coming months....

Regards

Alan
johncal
#154 Posted : 14 June 2019 02:17:21

Outstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I also am deeply sorry for your loss. Hopefully you can dedicate the rest of your build to her to honor her memory. I can't imagine how you feel but my prayers are with you.

I love your take of the build. That's the thing I really like about this model. There are so many great interpretations to be had :)
birdaj2
#155 Posted : 14 June 2019 09:02:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Rob

I echo all of the comments above and wish you all the very best.

Both you build and that on the other disry by Johncal are so inspirational its made me think of moving this model from a "future wants list" to getting it now.

Having searched around as yoy do for best price it seems to be just about impossible to get hold of here in the UK. LOoking on the artesania website recently shows many of these more involved kits are no longer listed and now there site is down for upgrade.

So looking on here i have signed up for the 14 month subscription simple because if i leave it too long i may miss out on getting this kit.

They have quite a saving on the complete kit but at the moment that is more than i can pull out in one go so the 14 month is the best deal for me. Justt hoping it goes without any problems.

Looking forward to more of your updates so i can see how you deal with your build sections.

Best wishes

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Matelot one
#156 Posted : 14 June 2019 22:07:10

Thank you all for your comments, it means a lot to me. Tony(birdaj2), She is a great model, and I have been doing mine for a lot longer than it should really take, but life gets in the way some time!! Hopefully will will see your build quite soon.

Built Mare Nostrum
Google Photo Album
noun

Matelot one
#157 Posted : 06 July 2019 00:45:45

Just got a pair of Caldercraft Carronades for my upperdeck, a bit expensive at £18.00 a pair, but well worth it if you ask me!! I think I will be getting them a bit at a time !!BigGrin

Well detailed, and good instructions

Got some brass Blackener as well

Still have to sort out the carriage rigging and I need to dust the decks as well!!

Built Mare Nostrum
Google Photo Album
noun

Markwarren
#158 Posted : 06 July 2019 11:13:06

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

They look excellent and make all the difference.Love

BTW, you can just attach the photos directly, the instructions for this is in the link below.

https://forum.model-space.co.uk/...t.aspx?g=posts&t=244

I got rid of photobucket a long time ago.

Great workThumpUp

Mark
birdaj2
#159 Posted : 06 July 2019 11:26:45

Super result with those carronades.

As you say not the cheapest of things to buy but wow don't they look the business, even down to the threaded elevation screw.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Gandale
#160 Posted : 06 July 2019 22:37:04

They look first class and make a real difference.. Lovely job with the blackener too.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan