Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages <1234>
1/8 Lamborghini Countach LP500S - Now Arrived! Options
Diddy1_98
#41 Posted : 03 September 2014 17:01:32

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Is it a screw/glue like the MP4/4 & MP4/23 or just screw together like the DB5 and Nissan GTR?

Dave
Tomick
#42 Posted : 03 September 2014 17:38:21

Groups:

Assembly is like the DB5/GTR
Ponty
#43 Posted : 03 September 2014 18:07:53

experten wrote:
That's going to be one VERY cool kit! All I have to do is wait til it is out over here!

You got that right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool
Building - DeAgostini HMS Victory, McLaren MP4-23, Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa, Harley Davidson Fat Boy, Lamborghini Countach
birdaj2
#44 Posted : 03 September 2014 22:34:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Well after looking at all the simple brilliant models out there at the moment and being unsure we will see the Mini Cooper build I will be signing up for this one.

What swung it for me? Very easy really:

1. A James May programme on the "beeb" last week about top cars of the 70/80's. Missed the start but he borrowed his mates Lamborghini and even added the fin Drool . He claimed that as a driving car it's was not that great for visabilty or running around town. And apparently that fin slows it down - but you should have seen the looks he was getting.

2. The pop up headlights do it for me. In the long distant past I always hankered after a Fiat x19. Apparently brilliant if you like engine fires LOL took my driving lessons on the basis I would buy one. However was rubbish at driving and never passed a test and after so many lessons the X 19 became history.

So on that basis I will be building this while dreaming about what might have been Cool .

Happy modelling

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
delboy271155
#45 Posted : 24 September 2014 18:41:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, BigGrin BigGrin

Not a lot to say, except:

Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Gandale
#46 Posted : 24 September 2014 19:19:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

This is an unbelievable kit being brought out, superb details and am sure going to enjoy some of the build diaries when they get going..... My preference as is well known is ships but this one has me seriously tempted....Drool Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
Spal
#47 Posted : 24 September 2014 19:49:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I think its time to check the finances again LOL

Al
birdaj2
#48 Posted : 24 September 2014 21:00:08

Spal

I have just smashed open the pottery pig (when I find out who has added a load of drachmas in there they walk the plank on my part built victory.)

The penny jar was a bit better.

Role on next week - just waiting to see the monthly subscription price (keep it low, low , low --- please) LOL

Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Spal
#49 Posted : 25 September 2014 14:36:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

birdaj2 wrote:
Spal

I have just smashed open the pottery pig (when I find out who has added a load of drachmas in there they walk the plank on my part built victory.)

Role on next week - just waiting to see the monthly subscription price (keep it low, low , low --- please) LOL

LOL LOL LOL I agree Tony, a low subscription price would help, and 4 packs a month instead of 3 or 4 which seems to be happening with the newer models Confused

Al
davetwin
#50 Posted : 25 September 2014 14:49:19

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Ah beggar, this is my childhood favourite car. Now I need to try and find a way to buy this Confused
Warthog
#51 Posted : 25 September 2014 20:37:47

Groups: registriert, Registered

Spal wrote:
birdaj2 wrote:
Spal

LOL LOL LOL I agree Tony, a low subscription price would help, and 4 packs a month instead of 3 or 4 which seems to be happening with the newer models Confused

Al

If you have a low subscription price then the length of the series increases because you have a final price for the whole series, it makes no difference how you slice it. The series also runs for an certain amount of time and mathematically getting 70 or 80 issues into that run is not going to exactly fit so there will be 4 issues in one pack and other times there will be 3. You could increase this to say 5-6 but then the price goes up per issue!

It's like borrowing money from the bank. The longer you want to spread a loan then the repayments are lower, pay it off faster and the repayments are higher but your still paying back what you borrowed plus interest... Great thing about Partworks is that there is no interest to pay BigGrin Happydays!

Spencer

Tomick
#52 Posted : 30 September 2014 12:05:24

Groups:

birdaj2 wrote:
Spal

Its going to be more than the cost of the Senna subscription
davetwin
#53 Posted : 30 September 2014 13:32:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Tomick wrote:
birdaj2 wrote:
Spal

Its going to be more than the cost of the Senna subscription

Blink That's me out then
Spal
#54 Posted : 30 September 2014 13:48:38

Sadly i'm out as well Crying

Al
Diddy1_98
#55 Posted : 30 September 2014 13:55:26

I would guess it will be between £45-£60pm depending on length. That seems to be the norm for models which have electrics eg. lights and sounds.

The Nissan GTR is £56pm (12month) and £28pm (24month) and that's the same scale/type.

Dave
davetwin
#56 Posted : 30 September 2014 18:59:31

Diddy1_98 wrote:
I would guess it will be between £45-£60pm depending on length. That seems to be the norm for models which have electrics eg. lights and sounds.

The Nissan GTR is £56pm (12month) and £28pm (24month) and that's the same scale/type.

Dave

Very True David

Based on what DeAgostini have released in the past this will also be of a very high quality.

Sadly at this moment in time it is too rich for me Crying I will have to re-evaluate in the New Year as judging by DeAg's other offerings they are availble for a fair amount of time after release Cool
Diddy1_98
#57 Posted : 30 September 2014 22:39:52

I know what you mean - they all start to add up when you have a few on the go!!

I have decided to cancel my Star Trek ships (it was starting to get out of hand space wise) and get this, once it's released! Cancelling that and with the Nissan due to finish soon, all will be good :-)

Dave
Tomick
#58 Posted : 06 October 2014 15:36:33

Groups:

Barring any last minute glitches, the long awaited LP500S 'Wolf' will go on sale either late today or tomorrow Drool
delboy271155
#59 Posted : 06 October 2014 16:28:28

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

OMG, Cool

Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

arpurchase
#60 Posted : 06 October 2014 19:25:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Sweet i will be building thisBigGrin BigGrin Cool Drool Love Cool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .