Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Good Read Options
Rock Pig
#1 Posted : 30 June 2010 22:25:46

Groups: Registered

Not sure if this would be of interest to anyone, but :-

I have an electronic copy of Charles Lightholler's autobiography - the only surviving officer of the Titanic - which I can send to anyone who wants it. Nothing dodgy, it's available on T'Interweb anyway BigGrin

The reason I mention it is not just because it's a cracking read - which it really is - but the guy went to sea as a boy on a 4-masted barque and 3 Skysail Yarder, and the first part of the book about this really gives you a feel for being a sailor in those days. Later than the time of HMS Victory, obviously, but still good. And of course, there's the Titanic bit later.

I thoroughly recommend it, anyone interested..?
Rock Pig don't like Disco, Rock Pig don't like Dance, Rock Pig don't like Ambient, Rock Pig don't like Trance. Rock Pig don't like R&B, Rock Pig don't like Soul, Rock Pig just likes Heavy-Duty Bad-Ass ROCK'N'ROLL

To be is to do Socrates
To do is to be Sartre
Do be do be do Sinatra
frogy
#2 Posted : 01 July 2010 15:47:23

I would love this please if thats ok, ive a great interest in him and anything to do with Titanic.Thank you.
Simon
karl1113
#3 Posted : 01 July 2010 17:39:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

include me please love to read it,I to have built the titanic and read only extracts from his book.
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
Rock Pig
#4 Posted : 04 July 2010 19:27:03

Hi Guys
Sorry for taking a while, I've not been online this week.

I'm trying to attach the file to this post, but I don't know if it'll work...If it doesn't or I've done it wrong and you can't pick it up from here, can you PM me with your e-mail address so I can send it to you by return email?

And please let me know if it does work, for future reference!

Hope that's ok, sorry again for late response

Cheers
Rock Pig
Rock Pig don't like Disco, Rock Pig don't like Dance, Rock Pig don't like Ambient, Rock Pig don't like Trance. Rock Pig don't like R&B, Rock Pig don't like Soul, Rock Pig just likes Heavy-Duty Bad-Ass ROCK'N'ROLL

To be is to do Socrates
To do is to be Sartre
Do be do be do Sinatra
Rock Pig
#5 Posted : 04 July 2010 19:28:10

Nope, didn't work, need e-mails I think!
Cheers RP

To be is to do Socrates
To do is to be Sartre
Do be do be do Sinatra
cliffweld
#6 Posted : 04 July 2010 20:45:10

Hi there,i have a copy off -The Project Gutenberg EBook of The Life of the Right Honourable Horatio
Lord Viscount Nelson, Vol. I (of 2), by James Harrison and vol 2.Just drop me a PM if any one wants a copy,cheers cliff.
CURRENT BUILDS
HMS HALIFAX
HMS BOUNTY
LYDIA EVA(STEAM DRIFTER)
MANTUA COASTAL CANON
COREL VICTORY CROSS SECTION
TAMIYA 1/35 MATILDA MK 2
HACHETTE TIGER TANK
DRAGON 1/35 TIGER TANK