Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Launch Rope Options
jonny7england
#1 Posted : 01 July 2010 16:36:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

My questions are about the rope in the launch, I can see that it needs to lie in a coil on the floorboards of the launch, but has anybody tried to build the coil? If so, how did you keep it in a neat coil, i.e using glue, if so which glue, and is your coil of rope aged, or soiled in order to make it look realistic? If so what was the process you used, and of course lastly...did you place your coil into the bottom of your launch before or after attaching the thwarts?
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
Tomick
#2 Posted : 01 July 2010 17:42:11

Groups:

jonny7england wrote:
My questions are about the rope in the launch, I can see that it needs to lie in a coil on the floorboards of the launch, but has anybody tried to build the coil? If so, how did you keep it in a neat coil, i.e using glue, if so which glue, and is your coil of rope aged, or soiled in order to make it look realistic? If so what was the process you used, and of course lastly...did you place your coil into the bottom of your launch before or after attaching the thwarts?

The method is described in issue 14 or take a look at my build for 14.
jonny7england
#3 Posted : 01 July 2010 20:00:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Much obliged lads, simple once you know how, nightmare into a piece of cake,,,thanks again ThumpUp
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
Zeptrader
#4 Posted : 01 July 2010 20:38:33

Groups:

..and here is another method from MSW

http://modelshipworld.co...mp;highlight=rope+coils

easy, simple, cheap and clean, read the post for more picture.