Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Samurai Armour. Options
longblade
#1 Posted : 07 October 2013 21:39:51

Outstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Just finished stage 20, now on the stand, Looking good. In the process of building an extention to the stand, a base with the required height to take it up to the 80 cm. It means then that the tasset plates will now hang freely, I may even continue to use the extra bit in place of the storage box, as it allows the armour to hang as though it was being worn.
longblade attached the following image(s):
001.JPG
003.JPG
002.JPG
snapdragon
#2 Posted : 08 October 2013 11:06:46

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Longblade

I think that there will be a box made available. There is a thread for this but it depends if Deag UK can find any from Deag Japan and get them here.

Indeed I myself am looking at the probability that there won't be the official storage box available and in my dad's workshop there is some very nice teak wood with a good looking grain pattern which would look good when stained, varnished and polished, or something like that.

I think that there are lots of people on here that are waiting for Tom to come back from his US trip and update us all on the boxes, cases etc.

happy building.

James
Tomick
#3 Posted : 08 October 2013 20:35:20

Groups:

The current standing is that a basic box will be provied with the series, and a high quality box will be made available to purchase.
snapdragon
#4 Posted : 09 October 2013 14:51:33

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome back Tom

Thanks for this info. I hope that your trip to the US was successful

James
longblade
#5 Posted : 09 October 2013 15:15:22

Outstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

The trouble with the box, is that it puts the Tasset skirt at an un- natural standing, and looks odd. I built the extention, initially to hang the armour on so the tasset plates were free to hang, rather than sit at the base of the stand all bunched up. I think I may have gone a little overboard with the extention. Even though it was made with material I had laying around. the only tools used were a stanly knife, crosscut saw and glass paper, I don't own any what you would call special tools, Im old school and enjoy my modelling more that way, it means working things out...Bob.
kaybee
#6 Posted : 23 July 2014 19:30:05

I really like your extension stand and would like to build it. What kind of wood did you use and what is the overall height? The overall height with the box is shown as approx 80cm. and the upper stand is 44cm. then the extension stand should be approx 36cm.
longblade
#7 Posted : 14 February 2015 14:01:08

Hi Kaybee, The stand extension was made using jut some old timber I had laying around, and some half inch dowel from the local model shop. The height of my extension is 33.5 centimetres, the top is made to fit the base of the supplied armour stand. At the moment my armour is displayed on the mannequin in the front room of my home, along with the Katana that I collect.. If you would like to know anything else, please don't hesitate to contact me... Bob.