Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages 123>
Graeme's 1/35th Dora Railgun Options
pemberg
#1 Posted : 19 October 2013 14:16:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi folks

I bought this little beauty when it was first released several years ago, luckily (as it has gone up by £150 since then).

I have decided to rescue it from the loft and make it my next 'plastic' build to do between my D51, Zero and Victory builds, and thought it might be good to do a diary of the build.

It will be a long slow build if only because it will cost a fortune in paint!!!

I will start the build shortly, have got to finish my 1/18 flak 36 first, and will start with a section of the rail bed so I can use it to keep the carriage wheels aligned.

Just a photo of the box art for now.

Graeme

pemberg attached the following image(s):
Box-1.jpg
stevie_o
#2 Posted : 19 October 2013 14:22:11

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

MWG
#3 Posted : 19 October 2013 14:25:22

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That will make a very interesting buildBigGrin and with a build diary as well. cant wait Kind regards Mike
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

pemberg
#4 Posted : 19 October 2013 16:00:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Just to wet the appetite here are the box contents starting with the big box and then the parts in the individual boxes.

The rule in the pictures is a 1m rule to give some idea of scale. I will do a separate post for each box.

Graeme
pemberg
#5 Posted : 19 October 2013 16:01:12

1st the big box
big box contents.jpg
pemberg
#6 Posted : 19 October 2013 16:02:16

Now box 1

box 2 contents.jpg
pemberg
#7 Posted : 19 October 2013 16:03:17

Box 2

box 3.jpg
pemberg
#8 Posted : 19 October 2013 16:04:29

Box 3

box 4.jpg
pemberg
#9 Posted : 19 October 2013 16:06:24

Box 4. I have left some parts in the bags as these contain multiple sprues and odd pieces are off the sprue.
box 5.jpg
box 5-1.jpg
box 5-2.jpg
pemberg
#10 Posted : 19 October 2013 16:07:34

And finally box 5

box 6.jpg
box 6-1.jpg
box 6-2.jpg
delboy271155
#11 Posted : 19 October 2013 16:52:53

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Graeme, BigGrin

This is going to be the most expensive build of your life.Drool

Widen the doors, raise the ceilings, etc etc.

This looks the business, can`t wait to see it progress.Cool Cool

Paint suppliers are going to love you. LOL

Bring it on.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Gandale
#12 Posted : 19 October 2013 20:47:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Graeme, really hope you have the space to display with wonderful kit to give it justice it deserves....Cool Cool .. Look forward to seeing this come together.... Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
pemberg
#13 Posted : 19 October 2013 21:41:07

Cheers guys, I just hope I can do it justice and find somewhere to put it when its finished.

I think I'll be buying german grey by the litre

Graeme
pemberg
#14 Posted : 19 October 2013 21:42:14

Cheers guys, I just hope I can do it justice and find somewhere to put it when its finished.

I think I'll be buying german grey by the litre

Graeme
petpole
#15 Posted : 19 October 2013 21:49:57

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I had seen a review of this on international scale modeler which made me decide on getting one of these kits, so one of my kids is getting me one for Christmas whoop Flapper Flapper Flapper
This an immense kit with over a 1700 parts to fit and a painting schedule to rival the forth bridge not an easy task.

I had hoped to do a build diary but you have beaten me to it Crying Crying Crying

But I will be watching this one now looking for tips

Great start and keep up pictures..

Peter

Drool Drool Drool Drool
Builds in progress: HMS Victory.HMS Surprise.
Completed builds: Revell London Bus 1/24.
Builds to do:Sovereign of the seas, Hms Albion.
pemberg
#16 Posted : 20 October 2013 00:14:22

Hi peter, please do a build diary as christmas isn't that far away and as I am building this as a long term fill in while doing other projects i suspect it will be me watching your build with interest. Either way I will continue to post pics as and when there is any progress.

Graeme
petpole
#17 Posted : 20 October 2013 01:05:10

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Well I hope so Graham.
This is the version I'm getting from hobby boss.

http://www.wonderlandmod...80cm-ke-railway-gun-do/

Also convinced my other Harf to get me this to go with it.LOL LOL LOL

http://www.wonderlandmod...n-dampflokomotive-br86/

It should look a nice display model with about 100 figures and other features.

Here is a better detail of what I'm getting.

http://www.hobbyboss.com...1_72/2010/1127/541.html

Peter

Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool
Builds in progress: HMS Victory.HMS Surprise.
Completed builds: Revell London Bus 1/24.
Builds to do:Sovereign of the seas, Hms Albion.
pemberg
#18 Posted : 20 October 2013 01:37:33

Hi Peter

Looks a nice combo and more manageable in 1/72. Somewhere in my stash I have a partly completed Trumpeter BR52 loco but I don't think I could find anywhere to display them together.

Check out the link below. I wish I had the space, time, abiliy and cash to build something like that.

Dora diorama

Graeme
NMBROOK
#19 Posted : 20 October 2013 02:00:52

Groups:

Hi Graeme
I have this kit also.I bought mine in the first limited edition? release.My build is mothballed for a while,but I will say,have fun with the rail bogies.I was laid up with a gammy foot and in two weeks full time I only managed to complete half of them.There is a build on armourama (i think as I lost 300 or so links with a laptop meltdown since then)it covers some of the errors and omissions in the kits instructions.These relate mainly to details of the loading platform and various other items later in the build.The one thing early on if I remember rightly is the placement of the etched mesh floor on the bogies,I am sorry I can't be more specific as it is over a year since I worked on the model.
Kind Regards Nigel
jase
#20 Posted : 20 October 2013 08:58:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

It's a stunning kit guys will be interesting to see two builds so we get to see the different approaches etc I would love to do this but need the kids to move out first so I have a room to put it in LOL LOL Drool
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain