Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Possible German partwork releases Options
snapdragon
#1 Posted : 02 November 2013 16:12:14

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi folks

I have been made aware that there are test releases of the following in Germany by Hachette.

1/48 U96 U-Boat
1/200 Prinz Eugen

both are apparently done by Amati for Hachette.

Prinz Eugen was the companion ship of the Bismarck during the Battle of the Denmark Strait where HMS Hood was sunk.

The U-96 was a Type VIIc boat and there is a connection to the movie series Ds Boot.

I am not sure if these will be released or if they will ever come to England as Hachette UK are reluctant to release items that may not grab the model makers interest.

I am hoping that the Stuka that was released in Germany and was a big success would come here to the UK, but so far it has not happened. I would beg to differ with Hachette UK management that the Stuka is not famous enough to provide enough sales to provide what they require as a reasonable financial return.

For those who don't know. The Hachette Stuka is very much like the Deag zero having a full airframe, skin and lots of internal detail and also is in 1/16 scale.

Now I fully applaud Deagostini who through their website provide us with so many partworks to choose from ships, cars, aircraft etc. so it is possible for us to finish one partwork and choose another that although has been out for a long time is still available.

Well done Deag - I wish that Hachette would do the same as both companies provide us with fantastic stuff.

James
Tomick
#2 Posted : 02 November 2013 16:23:57

Groups:

Amazing how you beg to differ with the very people that know about their business Huh

You mean you have been made aware because you saw them elsewhere, which has been common knowledge for quite sometime - keep up boy Wink

If and when any of these get tested in the UK, then that is the time to start hoping, but even then they may not roll out.

You'll find that DeAgostini tend to lead the way.. BigGrin

By the way, when are you going to show us your Stuka build that you love so much?

Keep polishing the medal Snap Flapper
arpurchase
#3 Posted : 02 November 2013 17:00:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin ROFL have you been trawling the forum where you got your award for old news m8LOL Blink LOL
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

karl1113
#4 Posted : 02 November 2013 17:15:41

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

LOL LOL LOL LOL why don't you tell us all what the award was for?????? your making sure you get the same award next yearBored Bored Bored
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
Dontshootme
#5 Posted : 02 November 2013 18:03:06

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Maybe he doesn't want to fall into the anagram trapBlink LOL
Rob Nolli Illigitimi Carborundum!!!
Current Builds:HMS Victory,SV Thermopylae
jase
#6 Posted : 02 November 2013 18:05:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Yes Snap why don't you tell us all what award you won, obviously I know just like months ago I knew about your revelation buts what is the point of informing people about tests that may never happen?????
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain