Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Whos your fave Dr Options
jase
#1 Posted : 21 November 2013 14:14:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Dr Who is 50 this week. I will be watching the 50th celibration episode on saturday in 3D in a cinama with my daughter. A far cry from the first blcak and white TV episode.

As most of us have grown up with this icon of British TV I wonderd which Doctor where peoples favs?

I grew up with the 4th Dr Tom Backer big scarf and jelly babies and he is my bench mark for all others since.

What about you?
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
bugsec
#2 Posted : 21 November 2013 16:28:14

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Jon Pertwee (aka Worzel Gummidge)and Bessie but my favourite character of all is the iconic K9

Graham
jase
#3 Posted : 21 November 2013 19:32:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

bugsec wrote:
Jon Pertwee (aka Worzel Gummidge)and Bessie but my favourite character of all is the iconic K9

Graham

Yes K9 was cool and maid a come back in the Sarah jayne adventures but for me Darleks are the supreme villain
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
arpurchase
#4 Posted : 21 November 2013 20:01:38

BigGrin I can remember them all even the ones in black and white its Tom baker for me as he had that mad mind always miles away type doctor and again the Darleks my fav monster I can still remember having the pillow ready to hide my face in if it got to scary
regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

benny b
#5 Posted : 21 November 2013 20:04:06

have been lucky enough to see all the doctors but must agree with you jase tom baker, the daleks and of course davros every time. benny.Cool
jase
#6 Posted : 21 November 2013 21:32:35

arpurchase wrote:
BigGrin I can remember them all even the ones in black and white its Tom baker for me as he had that mad mind always miles away type doctor and again the Darleks my fav monster I can still remember having the pillow ready to hide my face in if it got to scary
regards
AndyCool

I used to hide behind the seat and wait for my dad to give me the all clear. BigGrin
-Mark Twain
jase
#7 Posted : 21 November 2013 21:34:47

benny b wrote:
have been lucky enough to see all the doctors but must agree with you jase tom baker, the daleks and of course davros every time. benny.Cool

in a recent pole Tom baker came third after Peter Davidson and David Tenant. mat Smith was 5th
-Mark Twain
petpole
#8 Posted : 21 November 2013 22:51:45

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

arpurchase wrote:
I can remember them all even the ones in black and white its Tom baker for me as he had that mad mind always miles away type doctor and again the Darleks my fav monster I can still remember having the pillow ready to hide my face in if it got to scary

I can't remember the b/w ones but think David Tennant is my fav, and those Angels still creep me out.

LOL LOL LOL LOL

Peter
Builds in progress: HMS Victory.HMS Surprise.
Completed builds: Revell London Bus 1/24.
Builds to do:Sovereign of the seas, Hms Albion.
Plymouth57
#9 Posted : 21 November 2013 23:27:48

I've watched them all from William Hartnell onwards, each time the Doctor regenerates I always think the next one isn't as good but after a few episodes he always grows on me!
Overall I think David Tennant wins it with Billie Piper, I think he was the first one who had a 'conscience' about his actions in the past (or future!) which made him a little more human.
Daleks will always be the greatest (and the most pyschopathic!) but I'd love to see the Sea Devils and the Yeti back again!

(Did you know the reason the Daleks had suckers was because William Hartnell thought the claws they originally were designed with were too dangerous for the human actors who might get hurt!!!)BigGrin

EX-TER-MIN-NATE! OI! WATCH-IT-YOU'LL-HAVE-SOME-BODYS-EYE-OUT-WITH-THAT!
LOL LOL LOL Flapper

Robin
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
jase
#10 Posted : 22 November 2013 00:27:28

Plymouth57 wrote:
I've watched them all from William Hartnell onwards, each time the Doctor regenerates I always think the next one isn't as good but after a few episodes he always grows on me!
Overall I think David Tennant wins it with Billie Piper, I think he was the first one who had a 'conscience' about his actions in the past (or future!) which made him a little more human.
Daleks will always be the greatest (and the most pyschopathic!) but I'd love to see the Sea Devils and the Yeti back again!

(Did you know the reason the Daleks had suckers was because William Hartnell thought the claws they originally were designed with were too dangerous for the human actors who might get hurt!!!)BigGrin

EX-TER-MIN-NATE! OI! WATCH-IT-YOU'LL-HAVE-SOME-BODYS-EYE-OUT-WITH-THAT!
LOL LOL LOL Flapper

Robin

I did not know that but suckers are more scary than claws so good for him Flapper Flapper
-Mark Twain
Plymouth57
#11 Posted : 23 November 2013 19:35:28

You're right there Jase, especially those new style 'morphing' face grabbing varieties! Blink

Another 'forgotten fact' is that the Dr Who programs were not originally supposed to be a sci-fi children's drama at all! To get the idea past the stuffy BBC directors it was proposed as a children's educational program - each new story would have the Tardis turn up in a different time period (ancient Rome, classical Greece, Egypt etc etc) where the Doctor would interact with historical characters thus 'educating' the viewing children about that period. Of course once you know what turned up and the program became the icon it is today, all that high minded BBC stuff went right out the window! (or Tardis door)!!BigGrin BigGrin

Robin
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
jonny7england
#12 Posted : 23 November 2013 20:04:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I must say that the first Doctor Who (William Hartnell) sticks in my memory the most after being an avid fan of The Army Game where William Hartnell played CSM Percy Bullimore...Love all the newer morphing doctors but Mr Hartnell will always stick in mind..Congrats on the 50th though!!
BigGrin
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
birdaj2
#13 Posted : 23 November 2013 23:32:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Amazing -50 years old and went through turbulent times.

For me it has to be Tom Baker as my favourite Doctor. Grew up with John Pertwee but for my liking he was just a bit to prim and proper BigGrin .

Tom baker really brought a bit more life to the character. Think they then struggled with some of the actors when he was replaced.

I always remember getting frustrated having to wait a whole week for the next Saturday episode to continue the story.

As for aliens for me the sea devils with their "car headlight" weapons were my favourite.

Kind regards

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
jase
#14 Posted : 24 November 2013 00:28:20

birdaj2 wrote:
Amazing -50 years old and went through turbulent times.

For me it has to be Tom Baker as my favourite Doctor. Grew up with John Pertwee but for my liking he was just a bit to prim and proper BigGrin .

Tom baker really brought a bit more life to the character. Think they then struggled with some of the actors when he was replaced.

I always remember getting frustrated having to wait a whole week for the next Saturday episode to continue the story.

As for aliens for me the sea devils with their "car headlight" weapons were my favourite.

Kind regards

Tony

Was nice to see Tom backer back tonight - jelly baby anyone?
-Mark Twain
snowtiger
#15 Posted : 16 January 2014 22:49:57

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Jon Pertwee...my fave Doctor although the story that scared me the most was in the london underground it was in black and white..and the monster was a yeti...saw a photo of one years later..it looks like a womble!!..Laugh
Tomick
#16 Posted : 16 January 2014 23:28:14

Groups:

Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker and Matt Smith, must say I'm not taken with the latest guy but maybe he'll grow on me..
jase
#17 Posted : 16 January 2014 23:30:54

Tomick wrote:
Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker and Matt Smith, must say I'm not taken with the latest guy but maybe he'll grow on me..

Interesting I never got into matt Smith, too much silliness for me. the new guy is a huge Dr Who fan will be interesting which way he goes with it
-Mark Twain
snowtiger
#18 Posted : 03 February 2014 01:52:37

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I just got as an extra birthday prezzie from my wife the First 50 years Dr Who The Vault hardback book.Drool ..it's full of background info stories, history and merchandise..... looks like a must for all Dr who fans BigGrin BigGrin