Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Andy's build diary Options
dbartonjr
#1 Posted : 20 December 2013 21:08:34

Groups: Registered

I was looking at a Yamato build diary by Andy (apurchase his first one) and on page 12 there is a mention of using brass streamline. I am hoping that I can get the specs that were used. I have found a supplier on the internet but the only specs are 12" small. These look right based on an eyeball comparison of the build diary and the web site but have the exact or approximately specs would be nice. I will finally have some time to make some headway over Christmas. BigGrin

Thanks for everyone's help, especially Andy.

Best Regards,
Dan

Current Builds: Yamato
On the Bench: Akagi, USS Missouri
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 20 December 2013 23:19:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Dan
here's a link to what I used on mine

http://www2.ripmax.net/I...0122&Category=W4050

regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

dbartonjr
#3 Posted : 24 December 2013 14:47:33

Andy,

Since I had the extra parts I tried what I was suggesting and it worked which made it easier since I did not have to cut and shape BigGrin . I was looking at your build, specifically around the etchings; after searching the internet I found the items, in the US, however I noticed that one is 1/250 and the other 1/350 was that the case with you? Both are for the Yamato and from the same store. Just checking. I hope you have a very merry Christmas and a great new year.

Dan

arpurchase
#4 Posted : 24 December 2013 15:45:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Dan
you are correct on the scales some of the 1/350 parts are usefull but not all so you could dispence with that one the main 1/250 etch set is very good with some very fine parts including the railings and optical range finder walk ways. Its a bit pricy but i thought it was worth it
regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

dbartonjr
#5 Posted : 28 December 2013 23:10:57

Hi Andy,

I have just been reading your build diary related to the plastic checker plate enhancement you did. It just so happens, I have some lying around from previous train builds, but I am wondering if you used any special tools to shape it. It is easy to cut when all you are adding are squares and rectangles but curves, especially interior ones, are a bit harder. Did you use anything other than a craft knife or a safety blade? Thanks again for all your help.
Dan

arpurchase
#6 Posted : 28 December 2013 23:22:53

BigGrin Hi Dan
I cut out paper templates of the areas i intended to cover and then used spray mount to fix them down and the cut them out with a craft knife
regards
Andy