Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

My first wooden ship build Options
doobeiferkin
#1 Posted : 26 July 2010 19:33:31

Groups: Registered

When I was younger ( in my late teens) I built a few plastic ship models and enjoyed it no end. I then got married had 4 kids.....blah blah and never had any time. Now I am older and my kids have flown the nest my partner subscribed me to the Build the Victory Magazine. I have nearly completed the launch and now remember how much I enjoyed ship modelling. I am interested to know what make of model Agostini have supplied in the kit. Some people have stated that it is a very expensive way to build but with my limited experience I have found the magazine guide and content to be excellent. I dont think I could cope with a box of wood and a set of plans!

As a side issue I purchased the admiralty paint set from the Agostini web site. When I placed the order I did not get any confirmation or email (not good) so I thought it had not gone through and I tried again....today the postman deleivered 2 sets of paint!

If anyone needs a set of these paints for a reduced price please let me know. I could try for a refund but its too probably too much hassle.
doobeiferkin
#2 Posted : 01 August 2010 08:55:37

Please note that the spare set of paints I have now been sold.

magpie1832
#3 Posted : 01 August 2010 10:09:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi And welcome... The Model is Produced by Artesania Latina.
Cheers Chris..
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

karl1113
#4 Posted : 01 August 2010 12:09:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I must add to magpies answer that it is artinia latina but,......it is not the same one that is sold in hobby shops,many added extras in our edition.
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
darrend
#5 Posted : 01 August 2010 17:30:37

thanks for the paints BigGrin and was nice to meet you and chat.The launch looks great and hopfully youll have the next set of issues now to get that main hull together.
cheers
darren
doobeiferkin
#6 Posted : 03 August 2010 07:49:17

It was good to meet you Darren and good luck with the build. I have now completed the launch and am still waiting for the next set of issues. As it will be a long time before the Victory is fully completed I have made a small display stand for the launch. I will see if I can post a few pics over the next week.