Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages «<345
Marks D51 Build Options
mark 2
#81 Posted : 21 January 2015 01:56:35

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

arpurchase wrote:
BigGrin Another thing to check is that the water trap is empty as any excess water here can also be sucked up to cause the splater. Some people also add an inline water trap aswell to be doubly sure of preventing this. They screw into the top of the hose then into the airbrush. loads here on Flee-bay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sc...?_nkw=inline+water+trap

Hope this is of help

Regards

AndyCool

Hi Andy BigGrin .
I have checked that but its only with the matt varnish it happens to and only when it has dried Confused .
This is the compressor I have http://www.ebay.co.uk/it...tion-Tank-/131241996292
Thanks for the advise Andy and best regards.
Mark
Nemesis
#82 Posted : 21 January 2015 09:59:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

It has a water trap already, nice set up. I would try thinning it down, I usually try for the consistency of skimmed milk.BigGrin
mark 2
#83 Posted : 25 January 2015 08:16:22

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Nemesis wrote:
It has a water trap already, nice set up. I would try thinning it down, I usually try for the consistency of skimmed milk.BigGrin

Hi Nem BigGrin .
Thanks for the advice.
Would that be something like 60% paint to 40% thinner ? also thank you for your kind words about my setup.
Best regards.
Mark
Gandale
#84 Posted : 25 January 2015 09:28:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Sorry Mark, missed your last set of pics and must say she is looking superb. Really nice paint job on the tender.....Drool Drool ..

Regards

Alan
mark 2
#85 Posted : 25 January 2015 09:38:54

Gandale wrote:
Sorry Mark, missed your last set of pics and must say she is looking superb. Really nice paint job on the tender.....Drool Drool ..

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan BigGrin .
Thank you so much for looking in and your very kind words Blushing Cool .
Best regards.
Mark

Nemesis
#86 Posted : 25 January 2015 10:36:42

mark 2 wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Hi Nem BigGrin .
Thanks for the advice.
Would that be something like 60% paint to 40% thinner ? also thank you for your kind words about my setup.
Best regards.
Mark

Yes that sounds about right, but you can always adjust it to suit your set up. Try a test piece first.BigGrin
mark 2
#87 Posted : 25 January 2015 12:21:34

Nemesis wrote:
mark 2 wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Hi Nem BigGrin .
Thanks for the advice.
Best regards.
Mark

Yes that sounds about right, but you can always adjust it to suit your set up. Try a test piece first.BigGrin

Hi Nem BigGrin .
Will do and thanks.
Best regards.
Mark
mark 2
#88 Posted : 14 February 2015 17:26:57

Hi Everyone BigGrin .
Here is my next instalment of my D51 Build.
I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Deagostini and Modelspace on this fantastic partwork which is so easy and user friendly.
I really hope they do some more partworks like this.
As usual any comments good or bad or any questions please don't hesitate to ask.
Best regards all.
Mark

mark 2 attached the following image(s):
d51 38.JPG
d51 39.JPG
d51 40.JPG
d51 41.JPG
d51 42.JPG
d51 43.JPG
d51 44.JPG
darbyvet
#89 Posted : 14 February 2015 17:32:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

Once you have the base built you really start to appreciate not only how big this train is, but how well designed it is.

great job mark
Spal
#90 Posted : 14 February 2015 17:45:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nice work Mark Cool

Al
tf64
#91 Posted : 14 February 2015 17:57:47

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Mark
Looking forward to seeing you put this part together I know it will be to the usual high standard.

Trev.
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

arpurchase
#92 Posted : 14 February 2015 19:18:36

BigGrin Nicely done MarkCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

mark 2
#93 Posted : 15 February 2015 00:21:48

darbyvet wrote:
Once you have the base built you really start to appreciate not only how big this train is, but how well designed it is.

great job mark

Hi darbyvet BigGrin .
Thanks for looking in and your kind comments Cool .
I totally agree with you that it is very well designed.
Best regards.
Mark

mark 2
#94 Posted : 15 February 2015 00:23:54

Spal wrote:
Nice work Mark Cool

Al

Hi Al BigGrin .
Thanks for looking in and your great comments.
Best regards.
Mark
mark 2
#95 Posted : 15 February 2015 00:27:00

tf64 wrote:
Hi Mark
Looking forward to seeing you put this part together I know it will be to the usual high standard.

Trev.

Hi Trev BigGrin .
Thanks for your grate praise and I hope I can do it justice.
Thanks for looking in.
Best regards.
Mark
mark 2
#96 Posted : 15 February 2015 00:30:07

arpurchase wrote:
BigGrin Nicely done MarkCool

Hi Andy BigGrin .
Thanks for your very kind words and for dropping by.
Best regards.
Mark
mark 2
#97 Posted : 15 February 2015 07:13:07

Hi Everyone (again) BigGrin .
Here is some more of my D51 build.
Regards to all.
Mark
d51 45.JPG
d51 46.JPG
d51 47.JPG
d51 48.JPG
d51 49.JPG
d51 50.JPG
d51 51.JPG
mark 2
#98 Posted : 15 February 2015 07:20:39

Hi All BigGrin
The last picture is how I could have the battery box but I am going to put it outside the base so it is easier to change the batteries rather than to have to lift the heavy weight up and risk damaging the D51.
Best regards all.
Mark
d51 52.JPG
michu
#99 Posted : 15 February 2015 12:23:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

mark 2 wrote:
Hi All BigGrin
The last picture is how I could have the battery box but I am going to put it outside the base so it is easier to change the batteries rather than to have to lift the heavy weight up and risk damaging the D51.

I'm far from that point in my build, but I was already thinking about it. Wouldn't it work to cut the part of the side panel of the base (on the far side, so the cut is out of sight) - the way the battery box can be easily slid into and out of the base?
Any images I post on my personal builds are free to be used and shared under Creative Commons Attribution license, which means you can do what you want with them, on the condition you mention I'm the author.

Happy building :-)

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
mark 2
#100 Posted : 15 February 2015 15:12:47

michu wrote:
mark 2 wrote:
Hi All BigGrin

I'm far from that point in my build, but I was already thinking about it. Wouldn't it work to cut the part of the side panel of the base (on the far side, so the cut is out of sight) - the way the battery box can be easily slid into and out of the base?

Hi Michu BigGrin
I think that that is a good idea Cool that could work quiet well but for now I will keep as is.
Best regards.
Mark